Akron, Oh.
Buchtel High
HT: 6'0
WT: 170
40: 4.55
GPA: 3.2
Class: 2012

Scout Profile

Caught 28 passes for 482 yards and scored 7 TD's as a sophomore. Missed the first 3 games with a leg injury.

Smith holds early offers from Michigan State, UNC, Akron, Miami (Oh), & Toledo. Smith claims interest from Ohio State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Boston College, Oregon, USC, Iowa, & Syracuse.

I've been to Ohio State for a game this year, and I loved it there. I'm getting hand written letters from USC and Tennessee, and I'm planning on going down to Tennessee. They said if I came for an unofficial visit and they got to meet me in person, that they would offer."
- Scout

Coaches from Michigan State & Penn State have been my Smiths school.

"I still hear from a lot of schools: Tennessee, Oregon, LSU, Michigan, Arkansas and Oklahoma."

After the season, he says he will visit the Buckeyes, along with Michigan State, Tennessee and maybe a few others.
- Scout

Arnett & Smith are good friends, they want to come down for a bowl practice.

Smith also received offers from Indiana and Tennessee on Tuesday. He’ll visit Knoxville this weekend for junior day, a previous engagment that means he can’t make it to South Bend.

“I was planning on going down to Tennessee this weekend,” he said. “The visit was set up before the offer and now with the offer we really want to go down there.”

- Rivals

Received an official offer from ND on Tuesday. His teammate Jarrod Wilson received the ND offer on Tuesday as well.

I like these kids already. "Hey, Coach Kelly....I'm not coming to South Bend this weekend, I'm going to visit Tennessee."

Anything that slaps ND in the head is alright with me. GBO.

Scout today:
Another major factor in Smith’s decision is going to be his teammate, (safety) Jarrod Wilson. “We’re going to the same school together,” he said. “We’ve talked about it and it looks like it can happen. He’s been getting interest from a lot of the same schools.”
In fact, Wilson and Smith are going to the Tennessee Junior Day together. :)

Was in Knoxville for Junior Day.

"It was a great visit. The coaching staff, the academic center, I liked a lot of what I saw and heard," Smith offered. "Coach Dooley is really cool. He seems like a good person."

"Basically everything I was looking for I saw," Smith explained. "Like having a good coaching staff and feeling still close to home."

-rivals

As a junior, Smith had 52 catches for 1,161 yards and 16 touchdowns for Buchtel High School. Despite the huge numbers on offense, Smith wants to also get a look in college on the defensive side of the ball.

-rivals

As a junior, Smith had 52 catches for 1,161 yards and 16 touchdowns for Buchtel High School. Despite the huge numbers on offense, Smith wants to also get a look in college on the defensive side of the ball.

Sounds good here.

-rivals

Kids lookin' ahead (NFL) to the prospects of playing at the next level.

VN Store

Back