New Rivals Class rankings

RedStickVOL

EE dbl S E Dbl N E T !!!
With the addition of Arnett, we move up to 21 in Rivals class rankings. I'd say with Couch and a few others, we are easily in the top 20 and closing in on 15.

GBO

With the addition of Arnett, we move up to 21 in Rivals class rankings. I'd say with Couch and a few others, we are easily in the top 20 and closing in on 15.

GBO

Will be getting Couch and Lanier soon so that probably puts us right around 15-17.

GBO

With the addition of Arnett and also Justin Coleman got his 4th star, so that probably helped too.

Randolph will get a bump as well.

We will likely look like this around signing day.

12 4 stars (Martin, Johnson, Coleman, Arnett, Randolph, Clear, Richardson, Couch, Lanier, Wright, Loften, then one of the RB's, Dawson, Rome or a suprise)
16 3 stars
1 2 star

which would get us right around the top 10-15.

Last edited:

12 4 stars (Martin, Johnson, Coleman, Arnett, Randolph, Clear, Richardson, Couch, Lanier, Wright, Loften, then one of the RB's, Dawson, Rome or a suprise)
15 3 stars
1 2 star

which would get us right around the top 10.

I hope your right! Anyone who complains about that class (or one like it) after the three years we've had is crazy.

12 4 stars
15 3 stars
1 2 star

which would get us right around the top 10.

I'm thinking Randolph for sure and Smith if he impresses at an all star game...

If those two happen then that would give us 6 currently with Richardson, Clear, Couch and Lanier looking real good...that'll be 10...

Throw in 2 of the following 4 (with all being a real possibility): Pagan, Wright, M. Johnson, Rome...and count Loften (even though he won't count in the rankings) and you've got 13....

Some years that'll get you in the top 10...I've never seen those kind of numbers fall outside the top 15

I know you know all of this I'm just sounding it out...things are really looking up right now

if we land lanier, couch, richardson, clear we will definitely be top 15

stealing bellamy would put us in top 10 contention

So for those people thinking we wont have a Top 15 class, are you still sticking to that? :)

Why won't Loften count towards our rankings this year?? Is it because he didn't go to a prep school or JUCO or anything?

Wow we are running out of spots and we still have a lot of good players looking at us...I wish we could sign 30 this year because we could probably fill it up with quality players.

I still think our chance with Wright are really good.

Especially with the smell coming out of the Barn.

Really we have a lot of great prospects on our board that we are in the top 2 or 3 for...obviously alot of these will go the other way, but I am very confident enough will go our way that will will land about 7 more big time recruits

Do you feel like my estimation of about 12 4 *'s is too high LV?

Yea, just a little. I think we get 9 of those guys you named, but Loften isn't going to count in the ratings which sucks so it's kinda like 8.

I do think we pull a surprise but not sure we can pull 3 like a RB, Dawson, and a surprise you mentioned and I'm not sure Randolph gets the bump even though he should.

Right now, I think we will get 10 4stars and 11 counting Loften. You may be right though. Your scenario is possible.

I guess I need to drop my number down to 11...didn't realize Loften wouldn't count in the rankings...not cool.

Tell me about Lanier please. I am not familiar with him. Is he new to us? Thanks for any help.

Sorry, I will go to the recruiting board. Thanks anyway.

I know that this has been asked a gazillion times but I can't remember the answer. I know that the limit we supposedly can sign is 25 but I see people mention signing 28 or even 30. How many can we back count to last signing class? Finally, are there any current commits that we tell to look elsewhere if a more promising prospect comes along? (LV I'm looking in your direction)

Last edited:

GBO

I've programmed the Rivals scoring formula into a spreadsheet that I keep...

If Couch and Lanier were to commit like it is rumored that both are close to doing then we would have 1248 points which would put us easily in the top 15

Edit: It would put us at 15th

Last edited:
Tell me about Lanier please. I am not familiar with him. Is he new to us? Thanks for any help.

Same here, I follow our recruiting pretty closely and this is the first time I've ever heard his name. Can someone elaborate on his story as well as where we are with him??
TIA

He is a JUCO with 3 years left to play. Committed to Auburn but they are splitting up. He wants to stay in the SEC and has a lot of interest in UT. He's a 4* DB, most likely to play CB here. Some are projecting him to commit soon.

VN Store

Back