Saftey
Geismar, La.
Dutchtown High
HT: 6'0
WT: 199
40: 4.43
Shuttle: 4.48
VT: 36"

Collins has picked up a Vols offer, he also holds offers from Alabama, Florida, FSU, UGA, LSU, & Texas A&M.

ASSETS: Superior overall body structure, excellent athlete and serious ball skills.
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: Big safeties continually have to work on staying low in their backpedal. Collins may grow into an outside linebacker.
WHAT WAS MOST IMPRESSIVE: Muscular athlete who jumped 36 inches in the vertical, ran a 4.43 40 and had a broad jump of 10-foot-6 helping him earn the Combine King award. He also was stellar during one-on-ones as well as in coverage during the 7-on-7 earning Camp Overall MVP.
CONCLUSION: Has a legitimate chance to become the top prospect in the state of Louisiana while also being recruited nationally.
- Rivals Analyst, Barry Every

Alabama & LSU are his leaders but Tennessee is in the thick of it. Likes Nebraska too.

Good Rivals article-

NFL player comparison: Eric Berry, Kansas City Chiefs

Scouting report:
A prototypical strong safety, Collins is a big, physical player who possesses excellent speed and tremendous all-around athleticism. He always seems to be near the action, which not only is a product of his quickness, but also of his awareness and instincts. Collins has the hips and footwork of a corner, but hits like a linebacker. That versatility allows him to play a variety of positions and line up anywhere from the defensive backfield to the line of scrimmage. While his future is likely at strong safety, it's not inconceivable to imagine him growing into a linebacker.

"Collins possesses great speed and a tremendous overall body structure (that of a linebacker). He has excellent ball skills and has shown at several camps the ability to cover receivers while in man coverage. There is no doubt that he is a true ball-hawk with game-changing ability." - Barry Every, Rivals.com

Because he can hurt an offense so many ways, he has to be accounted for at all times." - Keith Niebuhr, Rivals.com

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - The first five-stars: Landon Collins

Geismar (La.) Dutchtown safety Landon Collins, who already is a Rivals.com 5-star kid for the class of 2012, just told me moments ago he will visit Tennessee this summer.

He currently has Alabama and LSU on top.

Florida and Texas A&M also will get visits over the summer.

Nice kid; wants to become a sports broadcaster after school.
- Keith Niebuhr

"I mean, LSU and Alabama are far ahead," Collins admitted. "But I have to see what else is out there. I'm going to check other schools out. This summer, I'm going to Florida, Tennessee and Texas A&M."
-Rivals.

According to a Scout article, Collins has already made his choice but wont announce it for a while. He has LSU & Alabama on top & he will be at LSU's spring game. IMO he picks LSU.

I'm pretty sure this guy is LSU bound. I got confirmation today that he is number 1 on their board for in-state players. LSU is also looking at him to play LB once he gets into school.

I know he seems to be a lock to LSU but he will announce at the UA game. He plans to take officials to Miami, LSU, Bama, FL, and Tennessee.

I would rather not let guys like this visit. Gives them a chance to recruit other players who are undecided. He is not leaving LA.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Sure. If you think he is even thinking about going anywhere but LSU, then you should reconsider your asinine comment.

Moreover, if you don't think these kids apply peer pressure to others to go somewhere, you just shouldn't pay any attention to recruiting anymore (see Pat Martin last year).

So you think we should just recruit kids that are Vol leans? No sir. You have the asinine comment.

I agree with LynxVol in this case.

Unless it is a hard commit with no chance what so ever and no interest I do not agree. Or if he has publicly said he's going to recruit for said school. Then I would agree. But of the recruitment is still open then no. Perhaps we should schedule our equivalent that same day. I'm speaking on kids who have interest in UT.

Unless it is a hard commit with no chance what so ever and no interest I do not agree. Or if he has publicly said he's going to recruit for said school. Then I would agree. But of the recruitment is still open then no. Perhaps we should schedule our equivalent that same day. I'm speaking on kids who have interest in UT.

Landon Collins is the closest thing to an LSU lock as you will ever see. 0 chance. Please don't make anymore comments unless you know what you're talking about.

Plus, my original statement was just my personal opinion. I'd rather not have a lock to another school visit UNLESS there is a chance we change him.

VN Store

Back