Strongside defensive end
Hyattsville, Maryland
DeMatha
Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 245 lbs
Class: 2012 (High School)

Michael Moore - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Michael Moore Profile

"The Tennessee offer was pretty big. It's an SEC offer and it's a really big-time traditional program. I really like Coach Smith, the defensive line coach; he's worked with some big-time NFL guys. They just told me they really liked how I did at their camp and wanted to offer me."

- Rivals

Moore camped at UT last week and picked up a Vol offer.

He also holds a UVA offer.

He is a teammate of Cyrus Kouandjio.

I didn't know that this guy was playing football. I thought he was directing low-budget, politically driven, poorly produced films.

Last edited:
Was this the guy we heard about that we thought was Cyrus, wearing the Dematha shirt?

Considering: Moore has early offers from Tennessee and Virginia.
Performance: Moore had roughly three tackles and a hurry on defense, and caught a 4-yard touchdown pass on offense as an h-back.
Strengths: Moore is very quick and explosive off the edge and is a very aggressive and effective pass rusher. He uses his hands well, plays with good technique, flattens down the line of scrimmage and plays with good leverage. He did have a sack in the game as well, but it was nullified as he grabbed the quarterback's facemask. On offense, he showed the ability to block from his h-back position and soft hands on his touchdown catch.
Weaknesses: Moore is perhaps overly aggressive as he sometimes gets too wide and is susceptible to inside handoffs and draws. He also needs to keep his feet and not fall for ball fakes at times. - M.F.
- Rivals

"I got my second offer from Tennessee," he said. "I have an offer from Virginia too.

"The Tennessee offer was pretty big. It's an SEC offer and it's a really big-time traditional program. I really like Coach Smith, the defensive line coach; he's worked with some big-time NFL guys. They just told me they really liked how I did at their camp and wanted to offer me."

Meanwhile, what does Moore think about Virginia?

"I still like Virginia, they will always be there," he said. "My dad's there and I've been going there since I was little. I've always known about Virginia."
- Rivals

Jeff Hanson coaches Virginia's defensive line, and because he would be Moore's position coach at UVa, Moore has made it a point to get to know him and what he's all about.

"I still talk to (Hanson) about how the defense is doing and how the defensive ends are doing," Moore explained. "He's just telling me how the defense works and everything like that. I haven't talked to a lot of other schools about what their defensive ends do. I have talked to Coach Turner over at Penn State to see what their defense is doing, and I've talked to Coach Smith, the defensive line coach over at Tennessee."
- Rivals

Rivals

"This weekend I'm going up to the Rutgers junior day and I'm going to try and make it to the LSU junior day. I think it's in February. I haven't actually talked Tennessee about a junior day with them yet but I want to get back up there to see all the coaches again," Moore said.

DeMatha is pumping out players left and right. Actually Maryland has really stepped it up, lots of great players coming from up there.

He didn't go to JR Day, was in South Bend that wknd. Haven't heard much lately from either side...

Last edited:
Picked up offers from Clemson & Iowa.

Who currently leads?

"I haven't really sat down and thought of any favorites," Moore said. "I really like the SEC and ACC right now. In the SEC, Florida, Vanderbilt, South Carolina and Tennessee are recruiting me. In the ACC, it's Virginia, Boston College, Miami, Clemson, Florida State and North Carolina State."

Going far from home isn't a big factor in his decision.

"Distance isn't really a concern to me," Moore said. "I want my parents to come to my games, but they are fine with the distance no matter where I go."
- Rivals

Will visit USCe on April 8th & Clemson on April 9th.

VN Store

Back