'12 GA DE James Deloach

mch317

GBO
777691m.jpg

Height: 6-2
Weight: 233
Position: DE
Year: Class of 2012
High School: Jenkins County HS (Millen, GA)

Just picked a Vol offer. His first offer.

Teammate of Jonathan Taylor.

Scout.com: James Deloach Profile

Deloach is a 6-2/233 DE and Taylor is a 6-5/303 DT. Expect many more offers to come their way.

Tennessee just became the first to offer 2012 teammates James Deloach and Jonathan Taylor of Millen (GA) Jenkins County.

- Chad Simmons

ooooooweee Im trynaa told yall... 2012 is going to be a specatucar recruiting yr

"Me being so young and not even starting my junior year yet had me thinking I would not be getting news like this right now," said James Deloach when asked about his Tennessee offer."

"I did not expect the offer at all. I went into Coach Dooley's office after the camp and he told me and my teammate (Jonathan Taylor) that Tennessee is going to be recruiting both of us from now on and that he is offering us a scholarship."

"I was speechless when he said that. I did not know what to say. I just had not thought about that and it was unexpected."

-Scout

“When Tennessee offered me, I was excited. I know a lot about Tennessee, I liked it there when I was at camp, and them offering me first felt great. I talk to Coach [Justin] Wilcox once a week on the phone and we have gotten pretty close. We talk about Tennessee, how I am doing, and things like that.”

- Scout

"I went up to Georgia and it was a lot of fun. I felt right at home there, especially when I was down on the field with the coaches. Coach [Warren] Belin talked to me and he told me he would love to have me at Georgia. They have not offered me yet, but they have been showing a lot of attention. I had a good time."
- Scout

He wants to set up a visit per 247 sports.

My link won't work. I don't have a subscription.

Last edited:
GT09, what's your take on this kid?

Deloach is probably a lean to GT because they have been on him hard for awhile but I don't expect that lean to last long.

Taylor is a UGA lean.

They claim to be a package deal. Will be interesting to follow this one.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Deloach is probably a lean to GT because they have been on him hard for awhile but I don't expect that lean to last long.

Taylor is a UGA lean.

They claim to be a package deal. Will be interesting to follow this one.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Does Deloach have an offer from UGA? Likewise for Taylor at GT or is UT the only one to offer them both?

UF, USCjr, FSU, AU, UT, GT, and UA have all offered. Said he is trying to visit GT this weekend and UT the weekend after.

"I talk to Justin Wilcox and we message each other on facebook almost every week. I've been talking to him through that and communicating back and forth," Deloach said. "I'm going to try and go their junior day on (Feb. 26). I've got to get back up there because they were the first to show me love."

"I remember them telling me the stadium holds 110,000 or something like that and one of the best defensive ends came from there, Reggie White, and then Peyton Manning went to school there," Deloach said. "We didn't get to see a lot of the campus, but we saw the library and study hall sessions."
-VQ.

Seems like we have a decent chance.

"We have not really sat down and talked about our decisions too much. We are looking at how each school is recruiting our position. There is a 99.9% chance we end up at same school," said Deloach. "Whatever defense they put me in, if he is in it too, they will be able to just turn me loose. Who wouldn't want to play with a beast like that?"
-Rivals.

Seems like there is a huge chance that Taylor and Deloach play together.

Tennessee (CDD) first to offer both (as a pkg)...for some kids that means the world and they reciprocate accordingly...others, nsm.
Hope DeLoach & Taylor represent the former...

VN Store

Back