'12 NC OT D.J. Humphries

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
6'5 261 OT

He was at camp today. He has offers from UGA,LSU, Notre Dame and Clemson to name a few.

A review from the Va Tech Nike Combine in May:

" Recruiting is finally starting to match the athleticism we saw during last season to consider Humphries the number two prospect in North Carolina for the class of 2012, and he did not disappoint at the Nike Camp. "

Well, let's hope he performs well this weekend, and the staff takes notice. We need to get a grip on the '12 class also.

His offer list is crazy.

Already holds offers from UT, Ohio St, Notre Dame, LSU, Michigan, VT, Clemson, UNC, USCjr, etc.

Last edited:
“It was definitely good to see them again,” Humphries said of UT’s coaches. “I like them a lot. I like the offensive line coach (Harry Hiestand), the way he pays attention to detail and how precise he is with hand placement and foot placement.”

Humphries and his family spent a week of vacation touring East Tennessee and the Smoky Mountains. Humphries said he’s already drawn to the area.

“I like it a lot,” he said. “I love the people, the way they feel about UT football and the way they treat football players around here.”

“I don’t want to be too far away from home, but I don’t want to be too close,” he said. “(And the SEC is) really the division I’m looking to play in.”

UT gets visits from sought after players GoVolsXtra

The North Carolina native will be 2012's version of the franchise tackle. Already with over 15 offers Humphries is one of the most sought-after players in the country in 2012. He's talked about growing up an LSU fan, but has also listed some Carolina schools as programs that are sticking out. Tennessee may have a little bit of catching up to do, but they're in the conversation with Humphries for sure.

-Paul Fortenberry

interesting Jay Graham is recruiting him for South Carolina, always wondered what happened to him after his playing days.

This kid Loves LSU, but the problem is so do 2 other 2012 top OT's ...

Nacho Garcia(number 3 player in FL)
Vadal Alexander(Buford GA OT and Strong LA ties... grew up an LSU fan as well)

Garcia will probably commit as soon as he receives his offer in the mail. He and Avery Johnson are tight and he has visited LSU already and says it's where he wants to go.
He visited FL, Miami, Ole Miss, and Alabama as well.

UT if they play their cards right has more than a legit shot.

Vistied LSU for WVU game.

"I've been liking LSU since I was in the seventh grade," Humphries said. "When I was younger and played defense Glenn Dorsey was my favorite defensive tackle and watching him made me like LSU and ever since then I wanted to come to Baton Rouge. I finally made it and I loved it. Those 93,000 blew my mind."

"I'm probably going to take my time and make my decision by either midseason or at the end of my senior season," Humphries said. "I like the in-state schools and it's not that I have anything against ACC schools or any conference but the SEC is the place I'm looking to play or maybe the Big 10. I grew up in South Carolina and watched them play SEC football and that's just something I've wanted to do and that's play SEC football."

Rivals Article

"When I was younger and played defense Glenn Dorsey was my favorite defensive tackle..."

Just wait until he sees Allan Carson

Humphries said that he did not have a solidified lead group, but did list four programs that were currently standing out to him the most.

"LSU, South Carolina, Ohio State, and Florida," he said. "I want to decide sometime during my senior season."
- Rivlas

Visited USCe for the Bama game.

D.J. Humphries is a 6-5, 275-pound Offensive Tackle from Charlotte (North Carolina) Mallard Creek. He is ranked No. 92 in the country by 247Sports. Humphries is the No. 3 recruit in North Carolina and is the No. 14 Offensive Tackle in the nation
- 24/7 Sports

Visited Clemson for the Miami game
What stood out for the 6-foot-6, 260-pound offensive tackle?

"Talking with (tight ends) coach (Danny) Pearman, (running backs) coach (Andre') Powell and (offensive line) coach (Brad) Scott," Humphries said. "I didn't get to talk to Dabo (Swinney), but coach Powell and I are from the same town and coach Pearman is my buddy. We are like friends. Coach Scott is real laid back and he came at me real smooth. I just love the atmosphere there. I like Clemson a lot. What I like the most is that the people there really love Clemson football. Their fans love Clemson. I want to play for a good fan base."

The future Rivals100 member was live in another Death Valley, at LSU, a week earlier.

"I loved it there," Humphries said. "Growing up that was my college team. They were my favorite and always the team I watched. That was a great trip."

Who are his leaders now?

"I'm really considering everyone," Humphries said. "Some of the schools that are sticking out to me are Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Ohio State and Florida."

Humphries stated that he now bench presses 315 pounds, squats 475 pounds, vertically jumps 35 inches and holds a 3.0 GPA.
- Rivals Article

Sounds like LSU must do something pretty dumb to not get this kid in 2012. With CLM, you never know though.

VN Store

Back