'11 FL RB Mike Blakely

Blakely has really developed over the years, he was a break your ankles type as a freshmen and now is all of 5'9, 185. He still has excellent quickness and acceleration, but has lost some of the deep speed. He was very durable as a junior carrying the load all the way to the state title game. He can catch the ball out of the backfield and is a smart, heady blocker, particularly against pass rushers. -Geoff Vogt, Florida Recruiting Analyst

- Scout

If hes from the Tampa area and he has a Florida offer than he will go to Florida

The 5-foot-9, 195-pound back has already been seen by two Southeastern Conference programs so far this week. One (Florida) he already had an offer from, while the other (Tennessee) was impressed enough to extend an offer after evaluating him.

"Stan Drayton, Jay Boulware, a coach from Ole Miss, coach Darrin [Hinshaw] from Tennessee," replied Blakely. "Those are the names I remember. There have been more. North Carolina, South Carolina and Clemson are supposed to be coming in. Florida and Auburn are going to be coming back in again."

- Rivals

He has named Auburn as his leader.

Which ever one Jay. Blakely, Buie, or Hayes I'll take any of the three. I would be happy with any of those three. Some solid backs.

I know dude. I also think we'll probably get one of them. Hayes IMO and I would have no problem with that. I'm actually kind of hoping we stay on Hayes hard so as well as Arnett and maybe get a package deal out of the two.

“I like Tennessee a lot,” Blakely told InsideTennessee.com. “I don’t know a lot about them yet. I like the fact that they are in the SEC and they play in the toughest conference in the country.”

“I know I will go to Knoxville for a visit,” Blakely said. “I will go at least once, either an unofficial or official visit. I will definitely take a visit.”

- Scout

The coach of ESPNU 150 Watch List RB Mike Blakely of Florida tells ESPN.com's Corey Long that Blakely is down to a final eight, consisting of Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and USC.

However, 11 days earlier, Blakely himself told Ryan Bartow of TigerIllustrated.com (a Clemson site, not an Auburn site) that Auburn was his leader, followed by Clemson and then Florida. (They just happen to be the first three schools on his coach's alphabetical list.) "I love Auburn," he said. "That's a true running back school and that's all they run is the power run game. When I went there I fell in love with the coaches there. They were all so nice and the players were all nice, too. They have a nice campus and the whole deal is nice."
Espn

I hope he is aware that the spread is not a power run game and Auburn runs a version of a High School spread offense

I noticed the exact same thing. I don't really know what school he thinks he's talking about. Maybe he is just caught up with all the elite RB's that have gone and come out of Auburn as of late.

actually they do alot of power stuff, its just out of the shot gun. mostly guard and ccenter pulling.
they have gone out their way to bring in traditional RBs for a reason.

mario Fannin is a big back just like Tate.

That doesnt mean they are a power running team. Power running teams are teams like GA Tech, Bama, Nebraska, Tennessee, and Wisconsin

VN Store

Back