'13 TN QB Charlie High

volwarrior33

I talked to a former Vol today who has seen him play and workout who said this guy has “a great chance to be the #1 QB East of the Mississippi in 2013” if he keeps working hard.

Info (Still growing at this point)
Quarterback
Knoxville, TN
Christian Academy of Knoxville
Ht:6’2”
Wt:180 lbs
Class: 2013 (High School)

Scout Profile

Info: Late summer Transfer from Webb School (Knoxville) as a rising Freshman and was not allowed to play in Varsity games as a Freshman due to TSSAA rules. Started at Safety as a Sophomore, and backed-up Princeton Signee Quinn Epperly at Quarterback. Transferred to CAK for passing offense, as opposed to Webb’s Wing-T. Has received letters from multiple D1 schools. Plays varsity basketball as well. Is the nephew of Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett.

(From Scout): In one start at Quarterback, High (sophomore) came in as the back-up signal caller and made a statement. He was 27-of-43 for 451 yards with six touchdowns in the 48-45 win against Loudon. He tossed only one interception. His father was a four-time All-American hurdler at the University of Tennessee.

His mother also lettered in basketball at Carson Newman.

Last edited:
hope he comes our way in three years

As a Knoxville kid whose family has season tickets at Tennessee, he is a Vol lock IMO. Also worth noting that former Vols Jarvis Reado, Fred White, Jeff Hall, and former Vol coach Mark Bradley all coach at CAK.

used to play basketball with the kid and im a year older than him. was the best player in the league. haven't seen him in a while since he left Webb but he was an amazing pilot qb and a great athlete. will be fun to watch.

This kid is another local kid who has a chance to be special down the road according to one of the former Vols on staff at CAK as I mentioned in my OP.

2yltjlk.jpg

I remember CAK having a decent quarterback Rich Harb when I played them with similar size too. Fred White coaches at CAK? One of my favorite Vols.

Just got a text from the former Vol who originally told me about this kid.

Unofficial stats tonight vs. Loudon in his first career start:
30-43
421 yds

He also led them to a 48-45 come from behind win.

He has not even started a full year because CAK's QB last year signed with Princeton. I'm not sure whether he is a prospect on Tennessee's level or not, but a guy I trust is swearing by this kid. Said the coaches at Duke and Syracuse like him and could offer soon. We should find out about him in the next 6 months or so playing against Alcoa and then at the US Army Junior Combine. The video jmoore posted was inconclusive. Growing a few more inches would really elevate his stock.

I'm going to try to find out more from Carlos and Hubbs.

Carlos likes the kid a lot and believes he could be a kid we offer in 2013. Will have a story on him sometime soon.

Watched him against Oak Ridge today has good size strong arm didn't wow me though. tifiw
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Playing on MyVLT(I think that's what it is) right now against Anderson County. Led CAK to a td on the first drive. Looked good but AC can't get any pressure. If this kid's as good as has been said in this thread, he should throw for 500 yards this game.

Playing on MyVLT(I think that's what it is) right now against Anderson County. Led CAK to a td on the first drive. Looked good but AC can't get any pressure. If this kid's as good as has been said in this thread, he should throw for 500 yards this game.

Halfway there!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He's good, but AC gets no pressure. He's basically just playing 7-on-7 out there. I wouldn't put much stock in this game. He's a good prospect for sure, though. Nothing against him.

VN Store

Back