2531 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on '12 GA DE Jordan Jenkins Page 51. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. Originally Posted by UGA insider Reported on AJC this morning. coach speak..but if the Jets, Ravens or Pitt came calling ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #751 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
HialeahGator's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Miami Gardens, FL
Posts: 7,873
Likes: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA insider View Post
Reported on AJC this morning.
coach speak..but if the Jets, Ravens or Pitt came calling as DC he would jump asap. Nothing wrong with picking UGA over Atl because they SUCK!
HialeahGator is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #752 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,422
Likes: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by HialeahGator View Post
coach speak..but if the Jets, Ravens or Pitt came calling as DC he would jump asap. Nothing wrong with picking UGA over Atl because they SUCK!
Could be. Hopefully he hangs around for a few more years.
UGA insider is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #753 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TideWarrior's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 5,583
Likes: 988
I thought soem would enjoy this.

For UT fans: Go Dooley

What was the most creative thing a college did to get your attention? “During my official visit to Tennessee, they gave me a whole jumpsuit to wear while I was there. I was dressed like I was a player before the game. If you didn’t know who I was, you’d actually think I was a Tennessee football player. I had the adidas shoes, the adidas socks, the adidas shorts, the adidas shirt, the adidas sweats and the adidas jacket. I wore it in the pre-game meeting, during the game and after the game. I actually had a couple of people come up to me to ask me to autograph a ball or something that other Tennessee players had signed because they thought I was one, too … No, we couldn’t keep any of [the Tennessee gear]. We had to give it all back …Tennessee was the best official visit I had. I went out to a 5-star restaurant and I ate the most expensive thing on the menu. It was a great time over there.”

Coach Dooley was incredibly nice. My mom really loved Coach Dooley. I hated to tell him that I wasn’t coming to Tennessee.”


For our resident UGA fans that love to speculate:

It had nothing to do with issues at UA like the UGA insider seem to elude to. Even though it is funny he tries to call out UA after all the recent stuff at UGA. The kettle calling the pot black.

His mother was concerned that Smart and Sunseri were not going to be around the whole time he was there. Her concern was with coaching stability since UA unlike UGA has coaches getting promotions at other schools all the time, not that she was worried about him getting in trouble.

“My mom didn’t know … she was always uncertain how long coach Sal Sunseri and coach Kirby Smart were going to be at Alabama. And then, a few days after [I committed], Coach Sal was gone to Tennessee.”



For our resident AU fans(the few there are), this shows you their inferiority complex they have being little brother in the state:

What was the funniest thing a college coach said to you? “This wasn’t meant to be as insulting as it sounds. When coach Gene Chizik was comparing Auburn and Alabama, he put up a slide that showed they had more wins, more this and that … then he started talking about Florida and how Will Muschamp follows in his shoes. I started busting out laughing. He said ‘When I was at Auburn the first time [as an assistant] and after I left, Muschamp came here. Then I was at Texas and after I left, Muschamp came there.’ He went on and on. He said ‘Muschamp just follows in my footsteps’ and it was hilarious the way he said it.”

Recruiting Rewind: UGA-bound Jordan Jenkins was “big fish that got away” from Alabama | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Last edited by TideWarrior; 04-02-2012 at 12:57 PM..
TideWarrior is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #754 (permalink)
hep
-----
 
hep's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Townsend, TN
Posts: 2,508
Likes: 3,779
Very informative read. I loved the part about Muschump. But you gotta think the UGA staff aren't too thrilled about some of the comments.
hep is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #755 (permalink)
Member
 
TodDamn Grantham's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 61
Likes: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by hep View Post
Very informative read. I loved the part about Muschump. But you gotta think the UGA staff aren't too thrilled about some of the comments.
Like what? We have his LOI and IYAM that says a lot more...I also love the fact that he is already learning the playbook and preparing to play right away.

Seems to me that his mom didn't like Bama because of coaching instability and the fact that she only really got to know Smart while at UGA she had relationships with the whole staff. Also, apparently Coach Saban is awkward:
Quote:
Coach Saban is a great coach but he’s a quiet guy. It sometimes felt awkward being around him.

Last edited by TodDamn Grantham; 04-02-2012 at 04:55 PM..
TodDamn Grantham is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #756 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,422
Likes: 793
Tide Warrior is a funny guy, still hasn't gotten over it. He should post all of the quotes with regards to the Bama staff. Maybe even link the video of JJ's commitment. The quotes are right there, NOBODY is making anything up.
UGA insider is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #757 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 162
Likes: 3
Dooley has the gift of gab. I can enjoy hearing him talk about almost anything, actually. Very special quality in recruiting
busscrack is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #758 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 162
Likes: 3
Best quote by far:
Quote:
What was your impression of Nick Saban? “I was a lot closer to Coach Smart than I was with Coach Saban. When Coach Saban is around a bunch of football players, he’s more open than he is when it’s just you and your family. Coach Saban is a great coach but he’s a quiet guy. It sometimes felt awkward being around him. But I just love Coach Smart.”
Hes a quite little midget, isnt he
busscrack is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #759 (permalink)
5.7 3* poster
 
volssam's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mt. Juliet, TN
Posts: 5,834
Likes: 6,520
Yaaaayyy.

Another thread for bama and UGA fans to argue back and forth.
volssam is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #760 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TideWarrior's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 5,583
Likes: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA insider View Post
Tide Warrior is a funny guy, still hasn't gotten over it. He should post all of the quotes with regards to the Bama staff. Maybe even link the video of JJ's commitment. The quotes are right there, NOBODY is making anything up.
I know you actually think you have some inside info. A hint, just because you call yourself an insider does not make you one. Sorry but your opinion has little value even though you try and make it a fact.

In regards to me I have no issue where Jenkins signed and wish him best. I just find it funny that some fans are so high on theirselves that they seem to think their opinion matters. You have implied over and over through your statements, not Jenkins or his family, that his mother did not feel he would be safe because of a bad situation. Sorry but in his quotes not your idiotic opinion, Jenkins says it was her concern of coaching stability, but yet you appear to be unable to read. And continue to imply that her concern perpetuated her desire to have her go to such a great and outstanding program whose players are choir boys. And I linked the article so anyone can read what they want.

I think as a parent I would be more concerned with the lack of discipline of a program and concerned with whether my child will graduate or not. But to each his own and parents hopefully make the right decision in the end.
TideWarrior is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #761 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,422
Likes: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by TideWarrior View Post
I know you actually think you have some inside info. A hint, just because you call yourself an insider does not make you one. Sorry but your opinion has little value even though you try and make it a fact.

In regards to me I have no issue where Jenkins signed and wish him best. I just find it funny that some fans are so high on theirselves that they seem to think their opinion matters. You have implied over and over through your statements, not Jenkins or his family, that his mother did not feel he would be safe because of a bad situation. Sorry but in his quotes not your idiotic opinion, Jenkins says it was her concern of coaching stability, but yet you appear to be unable to read. And continue to imply that her concern perpetuated her desire to have her go to such a great and outstanding program whose players are choir boys. And I linked the article so anyone can read what they want.

I think as a parent I would be more concerned with the lack of discipline of a program and concerned with whether my child will graduate or not. But to each his own and parents hopefully make the right decision in the end.
The quotes are there for everybody to decide for themselves. You can spin it however you choose to do so. You're the one who linked the article, which does not help your argument by the way, and called me out for making stuff up.

Yes, kids are free to go wherever they feel the most comfortable. The responsible parents have a big say in decisions like these.

Don't get mad because you can't win every argument on here. Now you're taking personal shots, that's usually the first sign.
UGA insider is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #762 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 36,003
Likes: 740
shut the f up already.
lylsmorr is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #763 (permalink)
tim
Volsquatch
 
tim's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,066
Likes: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by lylsmorr View Post
shut the f up already.
frank?
tim is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #764 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TideWarrior's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 5,583
Likes: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA insider View Post
The quotes are there for everybody to decide for themselves. You can spin it however you choose to do so. You're the one who linked the article, which does not help your argument by the way, and called me out for making stuff up.

Yes, kids are free to go wherever they feel the most comfortable. The responsible parents have a big say in decisions like these.

Don't get mad because you can't win every argument on here. Now you're taking personal shots, that's usually the first sign.
Direct quote=spin-----only in the world of UGA.

BTW nothing to win, especially on a message board. All we can do is post facts or opinion. You just seem to not know the difference. But if it makes you feel better you win for whatever value it serves you. Maybe somoenone can get you a cookie.
TideWarrior is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #765 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,422
Likes: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by TideWarrior View Post
Direct quote=spin-----only in the world of UGA.

BTW nothing to win, especially on a message board. All we can do is post facts or opinion. You just seem to not know the difference. But if it makes you feel better you win for whatever value it serves you. Maybe somoenone can get you a cookie.
You mad now. No need to take this message board all personal, it's all in good fun for me.
UGA insider is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27