Getting excited for Dooley

Ericvol2096

Quiz'N'Vol
The more I read on this guy the more I think he is a solid hire. (not a home run but solid).

If he can keep LT as D Coordinator, and Kippy/Chaney for O, and bring in Garner this could be great!

GO VOLS!

How in the world can the fanbase get excited about the La Tech coach that has UGA ties.... We are in serious trouble.

Derek Dooley has accepted the head coaching position. Our sources tell us that Dooley will be bringing Terry Joseph (defensive backs) and Tommy Spangler (defensive coordinator) with him to Rocky Top. We have also heard that Dooley has interest in Oklahoma State offensive coordinator / wide receivers coach Gunter Brewer. Another source tells us that Stan Eggan (Louisiana Tech linebackers coach) could be joining the staff, but hasn’t been told as of this morning. He may end up as defensive line coach. The same source tells us Kippy Brown could be moving to running backs.

per footballscoop. Lame if true.

How in the world can the fanbase get excited about the La Tech coach that has UGA ties.... We are in serious trouble.

We are excited because we have a coach? And he has a lot of potential and who cares if he has ties with UGA? He is not leaving anytime soon. I like it and everyone needs to get behind him. All this hate is definitely not going to help. Be a true fan.

He is a proven LOSER that can't win in the WAC. I am sure that recruits will be breaking down our doors to come here now. This is a bigger blow than what Kiffin did to us. Sad, sad day for Vol fans

He is a proven LOSER that can't win in the WAC. I am sure that recruits will be breaking down our doors to come here now. This is a bigger blow than what Kiffin did to us. Sad, sad day for Vol fans

He took La. Tech to a bowl win in his second year. He isn't as bad as you think.

We are excited because we have a coach? And he has a lot of potential and who cares if he has ties with UGA? He is not leaving anytime soon. I like it and everyone needs to get behind him. All this hate is definitely not going to help. Be a true fan.

+1

He wasn't my choice, but he's our coach now and I hope he goes out and kicks butt.

He knows very well what he's getting himself into, since he grew up in it. He's also the AD at Louisiana Tech, and he could stay there for years and make plenty of money, with plenty of job security. If he's got the guts to come to Knoxville, try to rebuild our program and take on the likes of Saban and Meyer, then I'm behind him.

So does he bolt for Georgia when that job opens up in a year or two? I don't like it
He might not want to. At Georgia, he'd be forever compared to his dad. He succeeds at Tennessee, and all people are going to remember is that he saved us after that asshat Lane Kiffin walked out.

And I'm not so sure Richt doesn't get Georgia back on track, anyway.

Last edited:
You have got to be kidding me????? This will not stand, this is a worse hire than Cutcliffe. He took La Tech to a bowl win???? who care damnit we are Tennessee!!!
What happened to the Utah coach?? or the other guys names that were being thrown around???? This is the death nail in UT football for 20 years.

So does he bolt for Georgia when that job opens up in a year or two? I don't like it

If the Georgia jobs opens, I think that is when Muschamp is going to leave Texas as this "coach in waiting" situation and finally become a head coach. Mack Brown isn't leaving anytime soon. Muschamp is a former Bulldog player.

Excited about this hire I am not. I have this bad feeling that we are getting ready to go through what Bama went through pre Saban. I hope for the best but expect the worse...and I am expecting it right around the corner.

Dooley is an alum of the University of Virginia. He does not have direct ties to UGA since his dad is gone.

Either way, Kirby Smart will be candidate #1 to replace Richt when the time comes.

He was the recruiting coordinator at LSU with Saban when they brought in the #1 class, twice. People might want to do research and save the knee-jerk reaction for the other idiots on the board.

while not my first choice I can get behind our new coach and give him a chance. Remember - its Jan 15th not Dec 15th and every other coach turned us down.

better than CDC

VN Store

Back