Jump on the Kippy Train!!!(merged)

After watching the interview, I'm on board. If we're going to take a chance on someone, I'd rather have it be a Tennessee guy.

I was raised in Sweetwater so I'm def. on board!:good!:

This situation is like the squid leaving Memphis last year to coach Kentucky. Memphis' AD said he was going to make a splash and hire a big name coach. Ended up promoting Pastner and now they have the number one recruiting class for 2010. Sometimes the right move is promoting from within. I really don't see a better option out there for Tennessee. Promote Kippy to HC, LT to DC, Jim Chaney OC, keep Cregg, Reaves, Garza, and hire Rodney Garner for recruiting coordinator (LONG shot). Then Kippy will fill out the staff nicely with some good hires.

Yea at this point this is the only hire I would be semi ok with, depending on what kind of staff he could bring in would go a long way.

Bring Garner in as DL coach and a raise and hes headed in the right direction.

Give Kippy Brown a year and see how he does. If he's promising then you can keep him, if he doesn't then look at a big name after the season at a time a coach can leave his program at the proper time.

This situation is like the squid leaving Memphis last year to coach Kentucky. Memphis' AD said he was going to make a splash and hire a big name coach. Ended up promoting Pastner and now they have the number one recruiting class for 2010. Sometimes the right move is promoting from within. I really don't see a better option out there for Tennessee. Promote Kippy to HC, LT to DC, Jim Chaney OC, keep Cregg, Reaves, Garza, and hire Rodney Garner for recruiting coordinator (LONG shot). Then Kippy will fill out the staff nicely with some good hires.

LT as a DC is laughable. Hes not a DC, period. Keep him on as LB coach thats it.

Get rid of Reaves. His loyalty is to the prick and we dont need him here.

Richard Bisaccia as RB / ST coach, if hes still interested.

i'm OK with kippy

IF

he has a stellar support staff. maybe rodney garner in some capacity, maybe mike leach as OC, keep cheney et al.

he certainly has a way of presenting himself in a great way, not coming across like a certain not to be named loudmouthed punk. plus he is from the great state of TN and has a coaching history at UT.

Give Kippy Brown a year and see how he does. If he's promising then you can keep him, if he doesn't then look at a big name after the season at a time a coach can leave his program at the proper time.

You know what that would do to recruiting?

This. I agree completely. Kippy is loyal and has 32 years coaching exp and is a true vol. I think we give him a year as hc go find a good dc and keep chaney running offense. I think it is the best bet we have. Kiffin royally screwed us with his timing. Give kippy a trial run and if he doesnt do very well then we have the off season and next season to find a big name coach. I just think hamilton going out and hastily choosing a hc at this time period is not going to work out good for us. I think kippy at least deserves the opportunity and it could work out in our favor. I for one would just be happy to at least have a true vol as hc after what kiffin did. I was one of the ones who was calling for fulmers head and i knew a change was needed for us to remain competitive but i will say that at least fulmer loved our program as much as we do and he is a vol at heart.

I checked the Duke Athletic Site as another suggested. It is true that when you click on the "staff" and then"coaches" tabs the football site says "no listings". They seem to work fast.

I would take Kippy before some no name from the wac. Cutcliffe is possible if he brings back chavis and can keep Kippy as OC. But we need a Tennessee man, Kippy has the roots, coached at Tennessee and has 15 years in the NFL. Kippy happens to be able to relate to recruits and their families. I am on board if we can't get a proven head coach hire Kippy.

You know what that would do to recruiting?

Unless we get a big name that recruits will recognize, and it doesn't look like that's going to happen, recruiting this year is a lost cause anyway. Hire us a new coach, if needed, in December next year, and he will have two months of recruiting for 2011.

VN Store

Back