Kiffin needs adult supervision....

G-burgfan

UT NEEDS FULMER
Kiffin Needs Adult Supervision

NCAA may as well put in a Kiffin tip line for other SEC fans

By Frank Cagle

Since he arrived at the University of Tennessee, Coach Lane Kiffin has been called brash, cocky, and arrogant. And this is from his supporters. He has flouted NCAA rules, earning “secondary violations” to help in recruiting. He frequently insults other SEC coaches.
He has been lauded in a rap song for “talking "crap".”
And these descriptions and actions have been cheered by the Vol nation because it helps recruiting, and recruiting is the name of the game. This calculated effort to put UT in the national spotlight has been successful. But there is a difference between being famous and being notorious.
It hasn’t seemed to concern anyone that the commissioner of the SEC can’t stand Kiffin. It hasn’t seemed to concern anyone that other coaches in the SEC think Kiffin is a punk. Of more concern might be hundreds of thousands of fans of other SEC schools who have as their mission in life to scrutinize social media, message boards, and blogs looking for anything to hurt UT football.
The SEC and the NCAA may need to set up a special “Lane Kiffin Tips” hotline. There are currently two NCAA investigations into Vol recruiting. Does anyone think these will be the last? And does anyone think the SEC will be reluctant to nail Kiffin’s hide to the wall? A News Sentinel poll has most fans voting that the NCAA is on a witch hunt. So? Will it make you feel better if UT is punished and you can cuss the NCAA? What will you do, vote them out of office? Maybe you can have a pity party with Alabama fans.
Kiffin takes his personal assistant, who is forbidden to do off-campus recruiting, on a recruiting trip to a Florida high school. The assistant graduated from the school. Does this sound smart?
Two very pretty young college girls drive 200 miles to attend a high school football game and cheer on two UT prospects. The fact that they are members of the Orange Pride, a university sponsored group, makes it a violation. Aside from pretty co-eds, the story is also all about social media. From what I can gather, Facebook, MySpace. and Twitter are now important elements in recruiting. It’s possible for good-looking young co-eds to be in constant touch with recruits from all over the SEC, and it would seem to me to be a formidable recruiting tool for impressionable 18-year-old high school boys.
Given Kiffin’s track record in recruiting, does anyone believe he isn’t aware of this weapon at his disposal? Or believe that he wouldn’t use it? Tip for UT fans: It isn’t only Vol fans who read Facebook. It only takes one “friend” at another school to give the NCAA access to communications between co-eds and recruits.
It’s unfortunate that these two young women now find themselves at the center of a scandal. The suggestions out there on the Internet, based on no evidence, are troubling. If anyone at UT had any role in putting these young women in this position, it is more egregious than recruiting violations.
These investigations cast a pall on UT and its athletic department. Is it a coincidence the investigations are occurring on the eve of the recruiting season? Does a top recruit sign with a school under pending NCAA sanctions? How will the Vol nation feel when there is a lot less recruiting needed in coming years—you don’t need to recruit as much when the NCAA has taken away scholarships.
Athletic Director Mike Hamilton needs to get control of his football team. There needs to be some grown-up supervision of Coach Kiffin. This isn’t the “outlaw” Oakland Raiders. It’s the flagship university of the state of Tennessee.
The UT Trustees insist on keeping control of the football team at the system level. Are you proud to have discussions in the press about UT co-eds “brushing breasts” against recruits, or that the new catchphrase around the conference is that you can’t spell “slut” without UT? Any of you have daughters at UT?
Time to earn your football tickets. You need to get your house in order, folks

:mad:

Sorry if this has been posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiffin is the only one guilty of secondary violations
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That's completely true. The other 11 conference teams didn't receive a single one all year. Six!?! A whole six! Kiffin has to go, 6 is just out of control. Mark Richt would NEVER allow this...oh wait...

whoa whoa, didnt you agree with RNVol the other day? And "this" makes you mad?

Let the haters hate. They wouldnt be hating if UT was on the way down. So I take this to mean that Kiffin is doing something right and the other choaches/fans do not like it.

I guess being arrogant is worse than not disciplining players properly and lying to recruits.

This guy is an idiot. I know that because is lazy and put his real name and not a message board pseudonym on a piece of trash quoting Easterwood.

What an absolute jag off. I can guarantee you that he is also bitter about Bill Gates and others who do not know their age.

His headline gives it away that he is old and bitter. He is close to death and Kiffin is close to success at a level he can only dream about as he writes for a firestarter free publication that is a local rag closer to the Thrifty Nickel than the WSJ.

being arrogant is worse than....being fat, overweight, getting humiliated year-in-year-out by your rivals, and being lost in the world of cfb.

That's completely true. The other 11 conference teams didn't receive a single one all year. Six!?! A whole six! Kiffin has to go, 6 is just out of control. Mark Richt would NEVER allow this...oh wait...

Not to mention some of which were the use of a smoke machine, an improper "tweet", the mentioning of a recruits' name, and ESPN's filming of a recruit that THEY could not edit. Those sound like terrible infractions. UT should be given the Death Penatly...(sarcasm)

old people can be naiive and stupid. The funny thing about that article is the author pretends he is not arrogant when he writes that....

This "journalist" is trying to make fire without any sticks and matches.

I have never, in all my life seen as much bush league journalism as I have in the past couple of weeks. Everything written is based on assumptions and speculation. He says how he feels sorry for the girls but then he goes on to say you can't spell slut without UT.

I know that these guys are just trying to sell some papers or get hits on a site but my God, have some pride in what you do. Some self-respect for yourself and the occupation. Is there no code of ethics in journalism? At what point do you have to interject facts and not just say whatever you have come to mind?

On a message board that is all good, we can get on here and say whatever we want, but if you are a professional journalist ( or supposed ) you should not be spewing hate filled drivel to the masses and forcing your opinion on others...sorry to ramble but this has gotten out of hand and it pisses me off to no end.

Kiffin Needs Adult Supervision

NCAA may as well put in a Kiffin tip line for other SEC fans

By Frank Cagle

Since he arrived at the University of Tennessee, Coach Lane Kiffin has been called brash, cocky, and arrogant. And this is from his supporters. He has flouted NCAA rules, earning “secondary violations” to help in recruiting. He frequently insults other SEC coaches.
He has been lauded in a rap song for “talking "crap".”
And these descriptions and actions have been cheered by the Vol nation because it helps recruiting, and recruiting is the name of the game. This calculated effort to put UT in the national spotlight has been successful. But there is a difference between being famous and being notorious.
It hasn’t seemed to concern anyone that the commissioner of the SEC can’t stand Kiffin. It hasn’t seemed to concern anyone that other coaches in the SEC think Kiffin is a punk. Of more concern might be hundreds of thousands of fans of other SEC schools who have as their mission in life to scrutinize social media, message boards, and blogs looking for anything to hurt UT football.
The SEC and the NCAA may need to set up a special “Lane Kiffin Tips” hotline. There are currently two NCAA investigations into Vol recruiting. Does anyone think these will be the last? And does anyone think the SEC will be reluctant to nail Kiffin’s hide to the wall? A News Sentinel poll has most fans voting that the NCAA is on a witch hunt. So? Will it make you feel better if UT is punished and you can cuss the NCAA? What will you do, vote them out of office? Maybe you can have a pity party with Alabama fans.
Kiffin takes his personal assistant, who is forbidden to do off-campus recruiting, on a recruiting trip to a Florida high school. The assistant graduated from the school. Does this sound smart?
Two very pretty young college girls drive 200 miles to attend a high school football game and cheer on two UT prospects. The fact that they are members of the Orange Pride, a university sponsored group, makes it a violation. Aside from pretty co-eds, the story is also all about social media. From what I can gather, Facebook, MySpace. and Twitter are now important elements in recruiting. It’s possible for good-looking young co-eds to be in constant touch with recruits from all over the SEC, and it would seem to me to be a formidable recruiting tool for impressionable 18-year-old high school boys.
Given Kiffin’s track record in recruiting, does anyone believe he isn’t aware of this weapon at his disposal? Or believe that he wouldn’t use it? Tip for UT fans: It isn’t only Vol fans who read Facebook. It only takes one “friend” at another school to give the NCAA access to communications between co-eds and recruits.
It’s unfortunate that these two young women now find themselves at the center of a scandal. The suggestions out there on the Internet, based on no evidence, are troubling. If anyone at UT had any role in putting these young women in this position, it is more egregious than recruiting violations.
These investigations cast a pall on UT and its athletic department. Is it a coincidence the investigations are occurring on the eve of the recruiting season? Does a top recruit sign with a school under pending NCAA sanctions? How will the Vol nation feel when there is a lot less recruiting needed in coming years—you don’t need to recruit as much when the NCAA has taken away scholarships.
Athletic Director Mike Hamilton needs to get control of his football team. There needs to be some grown-up supervision of Coach Kiffin. This isn’t the “outlaw” Oakland Raiders. It’s the flagship university of the state of Tennessee.
The UT Trustees insist on keeping control of the football team at the system level. Are you proud to have discussions in the press about UT co-eds “brushing breasts” against recruits, or that the new catchphrase around the conference is that you can’t spell “slut” without UT? Any of you have daughters at UT?
Time to earn your football tickets. You need to get your house in order, folks

VolDad, these are my feelings in a nutshell.

Kiffin can and should build a successful program without the outlaw attitude.

If there's a less worthwhile human being in Knoxville than Frank Cagle, I've never met them. The last thing UT needs to do is take advice from a washed up, bitter, political hack.

If there's a less worthwhile human being in Knoxville than Frank Cagle, I've never met them. The last thing UT needs to do is take advice from a washed up, drunk, political hack.

It's funny that the latest stories written all seem to have some sort of advice for UT or the NCAA or SEC on what they should do to Kiffin and his staff, yet these hacks can't even write a some-what justifiable article.

VN Store

Back