Pete Thamel: The Follow Up.

orangeblooded2

**Temple of Truth**
He's hinting and encouraging that Slive will and should or could punish the Vols.

Quote:

But Slive’s strong words last summer hinted at SEC penalties; he said that the league had the “authority and the will” to levy additional punishment. “The risk may be lost recruiting opportunities, lost ability to interact with prospects, and additional scrutiny for themselves and their program,” he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/10/sports/ncaafootball/10tennessee.html

Additionally:

The N.C.A.A.’s interest and the strong stance by the Southeastern Conference commissioner, Mike Slive, on recruiting actions last summer leave Tennessee in a tenuous position with signing day in February.

He's doing everything he can to effect recruiting. With this guys connections to Meyer and Florida Maybe the NCAA should declare him a representative of the U of Florida and investigate their practices to effect recruiting.

If nothing comes of this and Slive still tries to punish UT, than the Vols should join the Big 10 or something.

Minor violations; UGA 20 = zero ink

UT 6 = NYTimes falsely reporting an NCAA investigation is underway and members of the Orange Pride who are female being described in a sexist way as hostesses being libeled as part of the original false declaration of a "wide ranging investigation" concerning wrong doing in recruiting.

I've read all this garbage from the NYT. The University has done nothing, IMHO, to have the NCAA looking into.

I would like to know who is REALLY behind this crap.

this is what happens when you hire a coach NOT READY TO LEAD.

did you honestly think all the mouthing off and pissing all over the league would result in NO retribution.

make enough ENEMIES and one will surley come back and stick you right in the back.

oh well,dont say i didnt tell you!

did you honestly think all the mouthing off and pissing all over the league would result in NO retribution.

make enough ENEMIES and one will surley come back and stick you right in the back.

retard-1.jpg

I wish we could name call again on this board...:banghead2:

Where have you been throughout the football season?

And what are we getting punished for? They have yet to prove anything. Plus what is UT supposed to get punished for if they had nothing to do with it? Seriously!

come on dude seriously just get out of here. actually you should take a trip to NY and see your boyfriend pete.

What Southern person would publically kiss the donkey of a New York person, more especially a writer for the NYTimes? Slive is signing his pink slip if he does what Thamel tells him to do. Moreover an SEC official being directed by the NYTimes is akin to asking the Pace Picante sauce people to move their entire operation to New York City.

what are they goin to do when UT is on top again? deny it, pretend it aint real? all of this is really starting to get beyond rediculous and i think that mike hamilton needs to stand up for the entire university and its fans

It is apparent the Gators did not want you anymore. Real Vols love a coach who will speak his mind and not dance around the political correctness. So be it if he ruffles some feathers. Some people like Slime have been sitting on the nest too long being bowed down to. I'll stick with this coach and trust him to lead us back to the place we deserve to be.

Thamel really is spilling a lot of ink to try and make a mountain out of this molehill. I hope he spins himself right out of a job.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

what are they goin to do when UT is on top again? deny it, pretend it aint real? all of this is really starting to get beyond rediculous and i think that mike hamilton needs to stand up for the entire university and its fans

I would think Slive would stick up for us when we're winning big again. It's hard to say though. He may just have a genuine hate for our program. While all this is going on you would think he would have publicly defended us and the conference just a little, ya think?

Dude where you been? I kept looking for you on the back of a milk carton. I'm glad that your ok. You've were obviously kidnapped by Taliban terrorists and missed the past few weeks of the season. Kif has done a decent job of turn Cromp daddy around and is going to land another top recruiting class. Sucks you missed all the positive news and escaped just in time to catch a bit of negative sensationalism. Personally I'm just glad you're okay.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back