So whats does the coaching staff do now?

VOLS INC.

President/CEO
I'm not going to scream conspiracy, but this is getting ridiculous. It's like slive and the ncaa are doing everything they can to derail the Lane Train and hold up progress. I mean are they freakin out because kiffin has the 5th best recruiting class with a 7-5 record, they don't think it has something to do with our staffs recruiting ability? they wrote a book about Coach O because he is such a great recruiter.

But honestly does this really affect anything? Are we going on probation? are the recruits who have verbally committed going to not wanna play for Kiffin because of allegations or Bad publicity?

I think that Kiffin personally calls every committed recruits parents and eases thier mind about this whole situation and when the news is broke that these allegations were blown way out of proportion, I think he has to make a statement demanding an apology.

How do you guys think kiffin and this staff is going to handle this in the weeks to come?

Last edited:
Do?

Do like they always do.

Corner the market on lemonade with all this surplus citrus.

PLEEASE, don't throw me in dat briar patch!!

If Reggie Bush can get paid and USC not get in trouble, our recruits can get laid and not get in trouble! OOH! giggity giggity.

Perseverance needs to be what this 09' Vol squad is remembered for.

We persevered through early season struggles at QB.
We persevered through devastating midseason injuries to our LB corp.
We persevered through a major off the field distraction.
Now we have to persevere through the loss of two key coaches and this off the field issue.

Come mid February when this signing class is in the books and the season is finally over; I think you can look back and say all in all, given the circumstances, CLK and this team did a hell of a job. Go Vols! Beat them Turkeys!

Like i said...........so much drama in the SEC...its kinda hard when you cheer for Tennessee....but some how...some way ....we keep hearing bs from slive and the ncaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this BS gets passed to someone else.:salute:

Same, but they did pick a good time to break the story as news is going to be in a lull until the bowl games begin.

yea i know? where's that camera loving Tebow when you need him? maybe he can save a bus of children from crashing off a cliff or something

speaking if crashing maybe tiger can hit another tree, that would take all the attention off of any and everything

We fill in the gaps of Tiger talk on espn.....his poor mother in law cant get sick without national attention..thats almost as ridiculous as this crap:salute:

So do yall think the coaching staff will make a statement of any kind? I would hope they take the high ground and keep on bringing in good recruits.:salute:

Like i said...........so much drama in the SEC...its kinda hard when you cheer for Tennessee....but some how...some way ....we keep hearing bs from slive and the ncaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this BS gets passed to someone else.:salute:

Hahaha--nice job, Snoop.

I'm not going to scream conspiracy, but this is getting ridiculous. It's like slive and the ncaa are doing everything they can to derail the Lane Train and hold up progress. I mean are they freakin out because kiffin has the 5th best recruiting class with a 7-5 record, they don't think it has something to do with our staffs recruiting ability? they wrote a book about Coach O because he is such a great recruiter.

But honestly does this really affect anything? Are we going on probation? are the recruits who have verbally committed going to not wanna play for Kiffin because of allegations or Bad publicity?

I think that Kiffin personally calls every committed recruits parents and eases thier mind about this whole situation and when the news is broke that these allegations were blown way out of proportion, I think he has to make a statement demanding an apology.

How do you guys think kiffin and this staff is going to handle this in the weeks to come?

I think we will know something tomorrow after the interview is done with JaWaun Jame's interview myself!

images

I would hope folks would be able to see through an obvious smear campaign but you just never know.....

we will lose acouple of recruits over this, the bigger issue is lane has put tennessee in a bad position. for the first time i'm beginning to think maybe lane wasn't such a good hire. he was my first choice, but this is getting to be a every week thing and he seems to bring some problems on himself.

The thing that I find unusual is that they dropped this in December. Usually, the NCAA waits until after signing day to start in on violations investigations. This smacks of an attempt to slap Kiffin upside the head due to his feckless tweaking of the conference and the rules. Hope we survive this.

The staff has to do nothing but win. Win, win, and win then no one cares about his mouth. A lot of people have eased up on him after this year because it is apparent to anyone with a brain that this team is turning around despite a void in talent between us and other teams. More and more media will support him if he just backs up his talk with results on the field. Once you've won the media, you already won the war on public perception. Nothing else matters at the end of the day except winning.

send pops some hostessess and mom some ding dongs

I'd say they will do what they always do. Coach and recruit.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Do!?! Heck most every sports media outlet in the country is blasting out "Kiffin" "Tennessee" every 15 minutes. If they don't have the goods on him personally he'll turn this back around and be even more difficult to deal with which to my mind is a very good thing. Aren't guys named Saban & Brown supposed to be making headlines the next several weeks? Instead it's all Kiffin all the time.

they need to all buy NYT hats and wear them to their next press conf

Why is the 11 Michigan State players suspended and 9 faceing up to a one-year maximum sentence on the conspiracy charge not a bigger story than this?

Every school has the pretty girls that "welcome" new recruits. Coach Kiffin has put his self out there--and with it comes the good and the bad. People will always try to knock us down. He and staff just need to be extra through when it comes to the NCAA rules.

Go about their business. Concentrate on the bowl and not let this smear campaign sidetrack them.

VN Store

Back