First Assistant Coach To Leave

Which position coach is most likely to leave first?

• Total voters

robvols

With the news of Special teams/ RB coach, Eddie Gran interviewing for the Memphis head coaching job, which assistant coach will be the first to go?

With the news of Special teams/ RB coach, Eddie Gran interviewing for the Memphis head coaching job, which assistant coach will be the first to go?

if gran is the first interviewed would it not be him or do you mean monte or coach o

I'm not concerned just yet, but Coach O would be the first one to leave for a HC job, IMO.

considering grad assistants dont get paid Browning is gone once his last gigs payment plan runs out

who looked at our special teams play this year and said hum i want to hire their special teams coach. I mean i know he coaches the RBs and has alot to do with the offense but wtf

Anyone who didn't vote for Mitch Browning needs to change their vote...

I ignored Browning because he shouldn't even be on the list as he's a grad assistant. Of course Browning will leave unless Chaney or Gran leave opening up a potential spot for Browning assuming he'd take it. He'd probably be looking for a HC at a smaller program or OC at a major one though.

Not sure why Chaney would leave as he's proven to be a loyal assistant with very few moves. Gran too talks about his desire to settle at a place for many years and put down roots, but I wouldn't doubt he'd rejoin Tubby if Tubby got a good HC and offered Gran a top assistant spot. There's enough talent and experience on this staff to allow for bringing in a younger talented coach to replace a veteran that leaves.

VN Store

Back