South Carolina fans take notice.

getyopopcornready

This from and Ole Miss board..

two realizations.

1. we are small time. we don't do things "big time" like the other programs. Not just the team, but everything that goes into football and gamedays. We are a CUSA type school in the SEC.

2. we will never consistantly be in the upper part of the SEC. Ever. We will be mediocre at best, because, our administration does not see fit to do what it takes to win. Note bama. Paid 4 million for a coach and we came out and said we would NEVER do that. Proof we are not dedicated to being #1! Just average.

Another thing is that once, ONCE as an OM fan I'd like to go into a game with 100% confidence in my team that we were going to kick the crap out of the opponent. Never can say that. Our fans, myself included, go in HOPING we play well and can pull out a W . Totally not a good feeling. Not being confident our team will make a SERIOUS push for ATL is irritating too. Seeing our fans at away games just sitting there, not gettlng loud like folks whom visit VHS, is also irritating. We are too worried about being hospitable, classy, and showing off our grove we tend to forget we are fans needing to cheer our team on and, being intimidating to the opposition and their fans. We just don't get it.

I atleast respect Ole Miss for realizing it. Now if you South Carolina fans can come to the same realization then you won't be shocked when you get put in your place by the Arkansas' and Vanderbilts again.

I totally agree. My in-laws are all SC fans and I had to watch that game last weekend with them. During the entire pre-game portion, they threw out tons of 'what-ifs' about our game on Halloween. Then , during the game with Arkansas all they did was complain about nothing going their way. I think their all-time record right now is like 534-533. If they lose out (a distinct possibility), then they will be sub-.500 lifetime. Mediocre....right where they belong.

Could we see a coaching change in the near future possibly a Charlie Strong sighting?

I totally agree. My in-laws are all SC fans and I had to watch that game last weekend with them. During the entire pre-game portion, they threw out tons of 'what-ifs' about our game on Halloween. Then , during the game with Arkansas all they did was complain about nothing going their way. I think their all-time record right now is like 534-533. If they lose out (a distinct possibility), then they will be sub-.500 lifetime. Mediocre....right where they belong.

If you find yourself complaining about what ifs every week, then you probably just suck.

I spent some time in Columbia during football Season though it was in a bar at the time it didnt seem like they lacked Gamecock spirit but who knows..

Could we see a coaching change in the near future possibly a Charlie Strong sighting?

probably should be a new thread but.. How many more coaches get exposed thanks to Kiffin and his cut throat play, which I love by the way...

Based on their past hires I would say someone like a Pete Carroll, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban. You know, for sure hall of fame coaches with intentions to raise questions of their career accomplishments.

If you find yourself complaining about what ifs every week, then you probably just suck.

Here was their favorite.....'That game would have been a LOT closer if we hadn't of had three fumbles'. I would then point out that they didn't exactly just hand us the ball, but we knocked them all loose with great hits. Then they would just look at me like I spoke pig-latin and go back to complaining.

Here was their favorite.....'That game would have been a LOT closer if we hadn't of had three fumbles'. I would then point out that they didn't exactly just hand us the ball, but we knocked them all loose with great hits. Then they would just look at me like I spoke pig-latin and go back to complaining.

Yea usually the lower tier SEC teams like, South Carolina, Kentucky, Ole Miss, etc.. complain a lot about things like that.

"Man, if they only went by 3 points per td instead of 6 we would have had an opportunity for a game winning field goal".. stuff like that..

Well, in reference to the UT/USCjr game i for one am glad to see the trolls gone after they claimed that Alshon would go off and make us pay for everything Kiffin allegedly said...

Well, in reference to the UT/USCjr game i for one am glad to see the trolls gone after they claimed that Alshon would go off and make us pay for everything Kiffin allegedly said...

Yea he made us pay, kinda like Randall Cobb made us pay for dissing him out of high school.

This from and Ole Miss board..

I atleast respect Ole Miss for realizing it. Now if you South Carolina fans can come to the same realization then you won't be shocked when you get put in your place by the Arkansas' and Vanderbilts again.

comparing ole miss and uscjr to arkansas is giving them way too much credit. Atleast arky has made it to the sec championship game a few times

this is South Carolina's new helmet logo, and sticky awards for the helmet.
TexacoStar.jpg

istockphoto_5170053-gas-pump-nozzle.jpg

comparing ole miss and uscjr to arkansas is giving them way too much credit. Atleast arky has made it to the sec championship game a few times

You're right. I shouldn't compare halfway competent SEC teams to a team who's history consists of pulling out squeekers over Louisiana-Lafayette and UCF through the years, and 0 SECCG appearances and not even a sniff of 2nd place in the east.

i live in sc they all keep crying how sc gave the game away against us. yea they turned the ball over but it wasnt like we ran them all back for tds. they had a chance to play defense.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i live in sc they all keep crying how sc gave the game away against us. yea they turned the ball over but it wasnt like we ran them all back for tds. they had a chance to play defense.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yea it could just be that their offense is just weak and they're defense just sucks

That guy sure is a different type of Ole Miss fan than the ones I know, and have been around. Glad to see some of them use that thing on their shoulders.

VN Store

Back