Leaving for FSU tomorrow

coffeevol

regular old member
So years ago my buddy (Nole fan) went to Neyland with me a few times, we joked and said I will make it up to you by going to watch Bobby and Fsu before he retires. So we are going down this weekend to watch the GaTech game. Has anyone been down? Got any advice? I am borrowing a FSU jersey for the game, do you thing it will look bad with my old UT hat? If anyone says anything I might have to remind them of Peter Warricks 9 ft (3yds) in the National Championship.

So years ago my buddy (Nole fan) went to Neyland with me a few times, we joked and said I will make it up to you by going to watch Bobby and Fsu before he retires. So we are going down this weekend to watch the GaTech game. Has anyone been down? Got any advice? I am borrowing a FSU jersey for the game, do you thing it will look bad with my old UT hat? If anyone says anything I might have to remind them of Peter Warricks 9 ft (3yds) in the National Championship.

I have friends that attend there now and they dont care about Tennessee. The worst that will happen is someone will ask your opinion on lane Kiffin so far... thats it.

i will be at the game as well... warm up your arm becuase they do the warchant after every play. it is a nice place and a great atmospshere

Wear some Jorts, no one will say a thing!

Dont worry about it. Ive gone to over 10 fsu games. I always wear Tennessee clothes. Never had one single problem.

Good deal, they do seem like a pretty classy fan base for a florida team. I am really looking foward to it. And Vol 4 life do you tailgate or anything pregame? If so hook me up with info and we'll try and find you. There are gonna be 3 of us just looking to have a good time.

good lucky watchin the game with all that eye candy down there. fsu's campus is crawling with gooooood lookin girls. i love it down there :)

I saw a game down there in about 1990--FSU pummelled LSU, and then got into a bench clearing brawl after the game. It isn't Neyland, but I thought it was a good venue.

Doubt it'll be as full as the times I've been down there for the UF-FSU in the early 00's but it's a wild ride.

I am going with 2 single guys and I am the only married one of the bunch so the scenery will be great as a spectator and maybe one of my buddys be able to tap something.

You will like it! I went to school down in Tally and the stadium is cool! They've made some upgrades, but it is No Neyland! The stadium kinda lays back so you have good seats regardless. The fans, are not really rowdy,so your UT hat should be fine, maybe a comment or two, but when they are doing bad, they tend to not have much to say. So Have Fun and get ready to laugh, because it will make you feel better about our situation.

Oh yeah, I haven't been down since we stole the two kids from Byrnes, and they didn't take that one well at all, so maybe a few bitter Noles, but overall they are nice.

i havent been to a game but ive been to the stadium. it looks very weird from the outside, almost like a castle. my brother went to the USF game and commented on the USF fans more than the FSU's if that says anything.

for sure.. there is a buffalo wild wings right near the stadium that will prolly show it or you could ask em to put in on

So Vol4 Life. Great people down there, we went to a little bar that joins the stadium parking lot called belly busters, they had the vol game on, cheap draft beer and great folks, before we got to the stadium we ate at a place called Hip Hop chicken and fish and it was awesome. The stadium was great, saw the 2 heismans and sears trophies, the sod cementary, I ran to 2nd base on the baseball diamond, the unconquered statue and bobby statue are great. The warchant is played more than Rocky Top which can be a little annoying but awesome for like the first quarter. All in all it was a good time besides my buddy booked our room like 25 minutes away in a "fishing village" where I thought I heard banjos. Fun times.

VN Store

Back