Section AA Game Report :facepalm:

Sheik Yerbouti

Class of 2000
So I accepted a couple of free tickets in Section AA and ended up square in the middle of the Auburn section. I don't want this to be a knock on Auburn in general, but two or three of the people sitting around me were easily the biggest jerks and morons I've ever had the displeasure of sitting near at a sporting event. Here's just a small list of the nonsense I put up with:
  1. before the game even started, the row was cramped. About three Auburn fans kept trying to grab my tickets out of my hand, demanding I prove that I was entitled to be there. It would be one thing to ask; it's another thing to be presumptious and grabby. It turned out some bonehead in an Auburn shirt was the culprit. He didn't bother to apologize.
  2. The 50-something guy sitting next to me complained the whole game about the quality of the stadium, the cramped seats, and how the jumbotron was not as good as Auburn's.
  3. The same 50-something jackass kept complaining about how I was sitting in his second seat. My butt was planted square on top of my seat number, and I had been leaning forward to accomodate him and his need for elbow room. After he basically forced me to prove that I was in the right spot, I told him I wasn't going to be hunching over the entire game just to accomodate some complainer. When I sat up, he elbowed me in the side and told me I was going to get my "ass kicked." I'm 6'3" and 230, and I stood a head taller than him. It wasn't going to be an issue, but it irritated me all the same.
  4. The same doofus stood up at the beginning of the fourth quarter and held four fingers in the air... as if he were actually playing.
  5. When I was on my way out of the stadium, after Auburn had the game in hand, this same jackass said, "I hope y'all win the rest of your games." I told him to go to hell. He and another younger guy again threatened me with violence, so I calmly told them that I'd be happy to walk out of the stadium with them. The younger guy said he'd "see me out there," but he didn't bother to follow.

What a couple of classless jerks. It was my mistake for being there, I guess, but a free ticket is a free ticket.

I have plenty of decent Auburn friends, but these people at the game really made it hard for me to remain civil about the whole thing.

The Auburn folks behind me were polite before the game, and at a time in the 1st Quarter we were joking about who had the worse QB. Of course it was no contest... he was whining about Cox who was still having a fairly good game against a good defense and has had a great year to this point.

That was slightly annoying.

He almost went into full-on meltdown when the almost interception happened and showed his true colors when it ended up not being one. "Good luck next time guys... have fun at home for New Years. Could you at least cheer for us in our bowl game". His daughter was also an obnoxious prat.

i'll agree with him that neyland stadiums is way to cramped its a 80k stadium trying to hold 100k .....i feel like a tuna fish at the games!

The Auburn folks behind me were polite before the game, and at a time in the 1st Quarter we were joking about who had the worse QB. Of course it was no contest... he was whining about Cox who was still having a fairly good game against a good defense and has had a great year to this point.

That was slightly annoying.

He almost went into full-on meltdown when the almost interception happened and showed his true colors when it ended up not being one. "Good luck next time guys... have fun at home for New Years. Could you at least cheer for us in our bowl game". His daughter was also an obnoxious prat.

I thought we played Auburn last week:)

i'll agree with him that neyland stadiums is way to cramped its a 80k stadium trying to hold 100k .....i feel like a tuna fish at the games!

Of course it's cramped. :)

I personally like it that way, because Neyland has always been packed tight and that's what I'm used to.

I usually tell people they might as well get cozy, and most folks make a single comment and then let it go... if they comment at all.

They only reason to make comment after comment about the same thing is if you are either: (a) an annoying, self-absorbed complainer; or (b) purposefully trying to annoy someone else... which is basically the same as (a), I guess.

Can someone please tell me of a stadium where you can sit and enjoy a game with 100k+ other fans and not feel cramped?

My seats are right against the tunnel where the visiting team comes out, and during the pregame show, this woman and a young child maybe 2 or 3 years old sat down in the row behind us. The girl was presumably Trooper Taylors niece, because the other woman kept telling her to be looking for "Uncle Troop". Anyways, the girl kept crying for her mom the whole time during the band's pregame show, and the woman who was with her just kept telling her she wasn't her mom, and she needed to be quiet. The woman was getting more and more frustrated with the neverending crying, to the point that about halfway through the pregame she actually told the little girl to "Shut the **** up." Classy, no doubt, and it served as a major distraction right up to the point when they left as soon as they saw Trooper and the team come out of the locker room.

We tailgated in G10 for about 5 hours before the game and there were a lot of AU fans up there. One guy bout 5' 5" 130 came to our section obviously wanted to pick a fight. Kept walking up and saying "come who wants talk trash with me a dare you!" I told him to go ahead and jump from the top of the garage and end it.

One guy sitting in front of us at the game thought he had to turn around and comment to anything I said about the game. Never failed. I think I'm just gonna explode one day at a game and be that guy that all the rival fans talk about getting drug out of the stadium for throwing somebody off of SS into the lower level.

It may have been Auburn but remember they are still nothing but Bammers...

The Auburn fans around us were fun. Especially the two girls in the row in front of me. Every time I screamed when the tigers had the ball, they yelled "waaaarrrr eagle!!" over and over, trying to out scream me. It was kind of like our own game, right there in the stands. :)

So I accepted a couple of free tickets in Section AA and ended up square in the middle of the Auburn section. I don't want this to be a knock on Auburn in general, but two or three of the people sitting around me were easily the biggest jerks and morons I've ever had the displeasure of sitting near at a sporting event. Here's just a small list of the nonsense I put up with:
  1. before the game even started, the row was cramped. About three Auburn fans kept trying to grab my tickets out of my hand, demanding I prove that I was entitled to be there. It would be one thing to ask; it's another thing to be presumptious and grabby. It turned out some bonehead in an Auburn shirt was the culprit. He didn't bother to apologize.
  2. The 50-something guy sitting next to me complained the whole game about the quality of the stadium, the cramped seats, and how the jumbotron was not as good as Auburn's.
  3. The same 50-something jackass kept complaining about how I was sitting in his second seat. My butt was planted square on top of my seat number, and I had been leaning forward to accomodate him and his need for elbow room. After he basically forced me to prove that I was in the right spot, I told him I wasn't going to be hunching over the entire game just to accomodate some complainer. When I sat up, he elbowed me in the side and told me I was going to get my "ass kicked." I'm 6'3" and 230, and I stood a head taller than him. It wasn't going to be an issue, but it irritated me all the same.
  4. The same doofus stood up at the beginning of the fourth quarter and held four fingers in the air... as if he were actually playing.
  5. When I was on my way out of the stadium, after Auburn had the game in hand, this same jackass said, "I hope y'all win the rest of your games." I told him to go to hell. He and another younger guy again threatened me with violence, so I calmly told them that I'd be happy to walk out of the stadium with them. The younger guy said he'd "see me out there," but he didn't bother to follow.

What a couple of classless jerks. It was my mistake for being there, I guess, but a free ticket is a free ticket.

I have plenty of decent Auburn friends, but these people at the game really made it hard for me to remain civil about the whole thing.

i had the honor is sitting there during auburn's undefeated season. there were a couple of fans that were jerks with one guy kept going on about aurburn's wonderful education. they gave me a hard time but it was mostly in fun. auburn fans are decent fans for the most part, compared to bama, dogs gators.

My seats are right against the tunnel where the visiting team comes out, and during the pregame show, this woman and a young child maybe 2 or 3 years old sat down in the row behind us. The girl was presumably Trooper Taylors niece, because the other woman kept telling her to be looking for "Uncle Troop". Anyways, the girl kept crying for her mom the whole time during the band's pregame show, and the woman who was with her just kept telling her she wasn't her mom, and she needed to be quiet. The woman was getting more and more frustrated with the neverending crying, to the point that about halfway through the pregame she actually told the little girl to "Shut the **** up." Classy, no doubt, and it served as a major distraction right up to the point when they left as soon as they saw Trooper and the team come out of the locker room.

Whey they finally saw Trooper, did they give each other a chest bump? Sorry, had to.

Whey they finally saw Trooper, did they give each other a chest bump? Sorry, had to.

No, but thankfully the little girl finally stopped crying. That was 15 of the most miserable minutes I can remember in the stadium. I could have handled the little kid crying for a few minutes, but the older lady who was taking care of her getting mad and yelling at the kid was almost unbearable.

i had the honor is sitting there during auburn's undefeated season. there were a couple of fans that were jerks with one guy kept going on about aurburn's wonderful education. they gave me a hard time but it was mostly in fun. auburn fans are decent fans for the most part, compared to bama, dogs gators.

I think most teams have good and bad eggs in their fan base, and I know my situation was neither particularly unusual nor particularly extreme. Really, when something like that happens, I need to just take it as a reminder to try not to treat other people that way... despite the fact that I really, really want to take it as an opportunity to rearrange someone's face. I'm trying to "go with my gut" a lot less now that I have a wife, kid and career. :)

I really enjoy a good friendly banter with opposing fans, and it's a shame when the other party can't keep it on the "friendly" level.

I went to a Tennessee game at ALLBARN one time and that was enough. I sat with a friend who is an ALLBARN fan in the middle of an ALLBARN section. All game long all I heard was mean spirited trash talk and how "Tennesse didn't even deserve to be on the same field as ALLBARN". IMO, all ALLBARN fans are simply barn yard droppings !!!

Should have kicked his butt, sheik. Then I could have basked in the glory of it vicariously.

Should have kicked his butt, sheik. Then I could have basked in the glory of it vicariously.

That would have been satisfying in a way, but probably would have resulted in someone other that the two of us getting hurt. Plus, I need an arrest record like I need a hole in the head. :)

Also, you never know where a random haymaker is going to come from. I heard that Alex Walls spent a chunk of Saturday in the hospital after getting sucker punched by some Auburn fanatic.

VN Store

Back