I'm gonna blow my brains out if....

UT's#1Fan

Senior Executive Member
Someone uses Cromptons stats to suggest he had a good game tonight. He was horrible tonight and there should have been a change made.

Here's the bottom line... If you wanna play the, "Crompton played well tonight, just look at his stats..." card, the you MUST feel we were BADLY out coached. So which is it, "Crompton had a good game"ers?

IMO it was BOTH, we were out coached on BOTH sides of the ball, and crompton was horribly ineffective. And before you "it's the WR's fault"ers say just that... For the most part, I agree. BUT I only put probably 20% of the blame on them.... This sucks.

I did not expect greatness this season, but this is pathetic. The season is over, prepare for the future, put Stephens in and even if he's not a better option than JC, OH WELL, he'll be here next year, THANKFULLY JC won't. So get him ready because Bray won't be ready on day one.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

20/43 for 259yds, 2td's and NO interceptions is pretty good. He also had 6yds rushing

Good game for Crompton

I actually had an argument with 2 Vols fans on another message board over this. One of them I think actually tried to claim that Crompton played good tonight.

Let me go dig up the posts. I would link it, but I've gotten into some trouble for that.

20/43 for 259yds, 1td's and NO interceptions is pretty good. He also had 6yds rushing

Good game for Crompton

That's not the stats I have in front of me. Let me double check. You might be right.

nvm - I'm running on empty at this point.

That's not the stats I have in front of me. Let me double check. You might be right.

well I made a mistake and left off 1td for JC. I would hate to do that and make his stats look less impressive

So, put in a guy that lost a home game to Wyoming last year?? Brilliant.
Sure...Stephens has a bad game the same week CPF got fired (after 17 yrs...no small thing), and the team was in upheaval. Yeah...a real good basis for your argument...especially in light of all the games Crompton stunk up.

He looked better in the UGA game than Crompton ever has.

Sure...Stephens has a bad game the same week CPF got fired (after 17 yrs...no small thing), and the team was in upheaval. Yeah...a real good basis for your argument...especially in light of all the games Crompton stunk up.

Lame excuse. Wyoming also fired its coach before the game. They didn't seem to have much trouble showing up to play.

Crompton threw the ball 43 times. Theres the problem. I understand at the end, we started to sling the ball around, which gave me a heart attack each time, but we should have never gotten to that point. Run, run, run, and a play action to keep the D honest. That has to be the game plan.

If every catchable pass was caught tonight, Crompton would have had a completion % of over 60%.

I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend about our QB situation...

Two separate coaching staffs have evaluated our QBs, and both staffs have come to the same conclusion: Nick Stephens is not as good as Crompton.

Crompton sucks. I realize this. I screamed at my TV tonight like the rest of you, begging and pleading for him to throw it in front of a crossing receiver. He can't. He sucks. But apparently, and I know this is hard to believe, but...

Stephens sucks worse. Is it possible? Could it really be possible that a QB could suck worse than Crompton? Apparently, it is. And that QB is Stephens.

This season is going to suck. Next season may not be much better. I have realized and accepted this. But I still bleed orange, and I'll still watch Crompton suck it up even if we're down 40-0.

Go Vols.

jack1.jpg
BANG BANG

Last edited:
So, put in a guy that lost a home game to Wyoming last year?? Brilliant.

You "NS lost to Wyoming" JC supports are pathetic.... OKAY let's just say that we lost that game because of NS... I extremely disagree, but for arguments sake, we'll say it was on NS.

HE HAD A COUPLE OF BAD THROWS!!

Crompton has DOUBLE the screw ups NS had in that game in a todays 1st quarter. The AU defenders just didn't capitalize on his screw ups like the two wyoming players did on NS screw ups.

And I'm saying put the player in that made us competitive in the game AT UGA and weren't for a couple bad calls and busted defensive plays, he might have actually won that game for us.

QB play wasn't good, but it is an improvement over the last 3 games.

-Not much help from the O-line to get the running game really rolling.

-True, his ability to read coverages is on a Dr. Suess reading level, and thus his progression involves only one receiver, maybe 2 if it doesn't involve turning his head. This is why is seems to quick to throw the ball away.

-While he had some bad throws, he had a lot of good balls that were dropped. The receiving core was atrocious tonight.

Bottom line, I think this is really about as good as we can hope for him to play.

Last edited:
Someone uses Cromptons stats to suggest he had a good game tonight. He was horrible tonight and there should have been a change made.

Here's the bottom line... If you wanna play the, "Crompton played well tonight, just look at his stats..." card, the you MUST feel we were BADLY out coached. So which is it, "Crompton had a good game"ers?

IMO it was BOTH, we were out coached on BOTH sides of the ball, and crompton was horribly ineffective. And before you "it's the WR's fault"ers say just that... For the most part, I agree. BUT I only put probably 20% of the blame on them.... This sucks.

I did not expect greatness this season, but this is pathetic. The season is over, prepare for the future, put Stephens in and even if he's not a better option than JC, OH WELL, he'll be here next year, THANKFULLY JC won't. So get him ready because Bray won't be ready on day one.

crompton actually did fairly decent in the 4th quarter tonight. i'm not a crompton apologist by any means, but he was one of the main reasons we got those extra 16 points on the board late in the game.

crompton actually did fairly decent in the 4th quarter tonight. i'm not a crompton apologist by any means, but he was one of the main reasons we got those extra 16 points on the board late in the game.

He was also the main reason we were down 23-6....

VN Store

Back