Arguing with an LSU fan!

mooreaj21

An LSU fan has picked an argument over Lane Kiffin on another sports board that i post on & i just dont even know how to respond to him. Here are his arguments about Tennessee & Kiffin.

1) While pulling in some impressive athletes, he's already put Tennessee under the NCAA microscope for his genius recruiting tactics and remarks putting the chance of them being placed on probation in decent likelihood.

2) Athletic & talented means nothing when they lack discipline, which with Kiffin's antics, I find it unlikely that he and his coaching staff are setting a positive example in that aspect

I responded with, im not even going to reply to this because you have no idea what your talking about. & he responded with this.

1) Kiffin has gathered a record setting number of secondary violations in such a short amount of time...you say that's a minor deal, but with every secondary/minor violation comes more and more attention to the Tennessee program given from the NCAA, and that's never a good thing. Not to mention, we all know that Bryce Brown could easily be a walking major violation of some sort at some point in his Volunteer career if he's not already. Oh, then there's Ed Orgeron whom fans across the SEC know was on the verge of putting Ole Miss on probation before his departure.

2) If you think calling recruits, opposing coaches, and talking trash to new levels is setting a good example for the players, I don't know what to think of you. What makes it worse is that he did this all without any sort of track record in the SEC and he has drawn a lot of attention from the SEC commissioner and the NCAA already because of it. Discipline starts with the coaches, and so far, Kiffin has only proven to be an immature, ignorant coach.

Will someone please help me with this argument so i can shut him up.

Hes just jealous because Les Miles has no more of Nick Sabans recruits so theyre gonna suck again

Recruits are also noticing all of this attention you're talking about, dude... :)

You could cite the examples where kiffin dissmissed players who had some off field issues or had a lack of motovation. You could also say how what kiffin said was back in Feb and it is now Sept. Every college has secondary violations, but espn highlighed UT's because at the time, Kiffin was already in the news. This is just a start. Good luck!

Not to mention how LSU tried everything in the world to get Orgeron. They would not be talking bad about him if ole Lane had not stepped up and brought him to Knoxville.

Not to mention he doesn't have a damn clue what he is talking about. Kiffin has come nowhere CLOSE to setting a record of secondary violations. Gimme a break...

Obviously, Lane and crew are making everyone nervous about the future.

Go to a site like tigerdroppings and the majority of threads are UT related.

A man with and argument is always at a disadvantage to a man with truth. Time will be the Judge. All he has is an argument so why even respond. It's LSU for Heaven Sake.

An LSU fan has picked an argument over Lane Kiffin on another sports board that i post on & i just dont even know how to respond to him. Here are his arguments about Tennessee & Kiffin.

1) While pulling in some impressive athletes, he's already put Tennessee under the NCAA microscope for his genius recruiting tactics and remarks putting the chance of them being placed on probation in decent likelihood.

Not Happening these minor violations just aren't a big deal.

2) Athletic & talented means nothing when they lack discipline, which with Kiffin's antics, I find it unlikely that he and his coaching staff are setting a positive example in that aspect

I responded with, im not even going to reply to this because you have no idea what your talking about. & he responded with this.

1) Kiffin has gathered a record setting number of secondary violations in such a short amount of time...you say that's a minor deal, but with every secondary/minor violation comes more and more attention to the Tennessee program given from the NCAA, and that's never a good thing. Not to mention, we all know that Bryce Brown could easily be a walking major violation of some sort at some point in his Volunteer career if he's not already. Oh, then there's Ed Orgeron whom fans across the SEC know was on the verge of putting Ole Miss on probation before his departure.

Much more sour grapes than fact.

2) If you think calling recruits, opposing coaches, and talking trash to new levels is setting a good example for the players, I don't know what to think of you. What makes it worse is that he did this all without any sort of track record in the SEC and he has drawn a lot of attention from the SEC commissioner and the NCAA already because of it. Discipline starts with the coaches, and so far, Kiffin has only proven to be an immature, ignorant coach.

This guy is a nut. Anyone watching the first two games or interviews with the players knows that the team is doing much better with discipline. The team is jelling and is showing good improvement (except Crompton). He had better get used to the VOLS getting ALOT of attention from everyone from the media to the bowl commitees. LSU doesn't have anywhere near the upside that the Vols are already showing, and the rectuiting class that is coming together is incredible.

Will someone please help me with this argument so i can shut him up.

:neener2:

1.b. (setting a record for secondary recruiting violations) is impressively wrong. Just point that out and say that proves everything else isn't worth the bandwith it takes up.

Yeah. I went to a Florida board linked in another thread. They quoted me. It was funny. They didn't give credit. Bastards.

I'm not drunk.
With minimal work, I think you could work this into a Haiku.

This is what i replied with.

1) Kiffin has not set a number of secondary recruiting violation's. They are considered secondary because the NCAA doesnt do anything about them. Almost every D-1 school across the country commit's a handful a year, guess how many Kiffin has commited since being in Knoxville? 5, no more than the average D-1 team. The only reason it was in the media like it was because at the time Kiffin was the hot topic. Look it up, Tennessee isnt the only school commiting them. Florida commited 6 last year but you didnt hear about those. Georgia has commited 5 this year you havent heard about those. Bryce Brown was looked at by the NCAA & SEC before being allowed to enroll nothing was found, almost every big time recruit now day's has stuff people wonder about. Speaking of Ed Orgeron wasnt LSU after him hard before he came to Tennessee? Yes they were, he did an amazing job at Miami, USC, & Ole Miss & not one thing was done wrong he has never one time be under investigation for anything. Ed Orgeron is simply a tireless recruiter & great talent evaluator.

2) I will agree with you all day long everyday that Kiffin should have not ran his mouth. BUT go look at alot of quote's from recruit's around the country, alot of them said they loved what Kiffin said. Alot of recruit's said they want a coach that has confidence & swagger like that. Kiffin knew what he was doing, Tennessee was a stale product. The program had no energy in it whatsoever, Kiffin had to do something to get Tennessee in the media. The funny thing is ever since spring practice started you havent heard one peep out of Kiffin. Why? Cause all those remark's he made were planned. If you want to start on Discipline go research all the player's Kiffin kicked off this team back in the spring. Most of them had bad grade's, had bad work ethic, didnt go to class, had prior arrest's while on campus, & were nothing but trouble maker's. Kiffin make's all his player's sit in the front row of their classes, he has his assistant coaches go to those classes to make sure the player's are there. Also Tennessee had it's highest GPA average in year's since Kiffin stepped foot on campus. Tennessee hasnt had 1 not 1 single arrest or anything since Kiffin has been the head coach. Go to a practice & see the discipline that he is displaying.

Any ideas on what i should add?

Definitely add that he was sharp enough to rid himself of the 3rd and Chavis.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

just tell him janzen jackson and darren myles said whats up...that should shut him up.

I dont get what the big deal is on kiffin talking a little trash. i mean isnt that what gets the fans pumped up... its college football every one talks trash.. thats the kinda thing i want to hear from a coach... and i could care less about the part where he was talking about the coach of the gators..
example
coach A: well where going to try and beat them this year. but i dont know if it will happen
coach B: what kiffin said
im going with coach B

This is what i replied with.

1) Kiffin has not set a number of secondary recruiting violation's. They are considered secondary because the NCAA doesnt do anything about them. Almost every D-1 school across the country commit's a handful a year, guess how many Kiffin has commited since being in Knoxville? 5, no more than the average D-1 team. The only reason it was in the media like it was because at the time Kiffin was the hot topic. Look it up, Tennessee isnt the only school commiting them. Florida commited 6 last year but you didnt hear about those. Georgia has commited 5 this year you havent heard about those. Bryce Brown was looked at by the NCAA & SEC before being allowed to enroll nothing was found, almost every big time recruit now day's has stuff people wonder about. Speaking of Ed Orgeron wasnt LSU after him hard before he came to Tennessee? Yes they were, he did an amazing job at Miami, USC, & Ole Miss & not one thing was done wrong he has never one time be under investigation for anything. Ed Orgeron is simply a tireless recruiter & great talent evaluator.

2) I will agree with you all day long everyday that Kiffin should have not ran his mouth. BUT go look at alot of quote's from recruit's around the country, alot of them said they loved what Kiffin said. Alot of recruit's said they want a coach that has confidence & swagger like that. Kiffin knew what he was doing, Tennessee was a stale product. The program had no energy in it whatsoever, Kiffin had to do something to get Tennessee in the media. The funny thing is ever since spring practice started you havent heard one peep out of Kiffin. Why? Cause all those remark's he made were planned. If you want to start on Discipline go research all the player's Kiffin kicked off this team back in the spring. Most of them had bad grade's, had bad work ethic, didnt go to class, had prior arrest's while on campus, & were nothing but trouble maker's. Kiffin make's all his player's sit in the front row of their classes, he has his assistant coaches go to those classes to make sure the player's are there. Also Tennessee had it's highest GPA average in year's since Kiffin stepped foot on campus. Tennessee hasnt had 1 not 1 single arrest or anything since Kiffin has been the head coach. Go to a practice & see the discipline that he is displaying.

Any ideas on what i should add?

Ask him how his girlfriend and YOUR kids are doing.

I dont get what the big deal is on kiffin talking a little trash. i mean isnt that what gets the fans pumped up... its college football every one talks trash.. thats the kinda thing i want to hear from a coach... and i could care less about the part where he was talking about the coach of the gators..
example
coach A: well where going to try and beat them this year. but i dont know if it will happen
coach B: what kiffin said
im going with coach B

I agree. I wish he had left the whole "Urban had to cheat" thing out. But, I still support him him all the way.

VN Store

Back