Go Vols! Beat UCLA! (from Cal fans)

yes and welcome, last year we were beat because of stupid coaching. this year will be different for sure. UCLA is in for it this year.

Just so long as we can defend the short slant passes in the 4th, we'll be fine.

yes and welcome, last year we were beat because of stupid coaching. this year will be different for sure. UCLA is in for it this year.

I agree! After watching a long painful season last year and watching what we did last Saturday, last year definately boiled down to horrible coaching!!

Just so long as we can defend the short slant passes in the 4th, we'll be fine.

Thank goodness 3rd and Chavis is a Corn Dog now. Monte won't let a second-rate QB look like a Heisman contender.

When I came out for the 06' game, I had a spectacular time, minus a 4 hour or so period that I simply can't remember for whatever reason :eek:lol:

TNFlower invited the Cal fans to her barbecue, where she cooked up some 300 lbs of southern bbq and didn't ask for a penny (though plenty of well-to-do Cal fans pitched in, I was a poor student at the time and had about $100 to work with for my entire trip... slept against one of your libraries the night before the game). Another poster on the old scout board, dd4vols, gave me a ride to and from Nashville airport and also put me up in his hotel the night after the game. Throw in the fact some guy in a trailer traded me a jar of moonshine for a Cal shirt and the amazing atmosphere around the stadium, and I became a bit of a Vol fan that day. Have yet to meet a fanbase that was anywhere near as cool all-around.

Meanwhile, I hate UCLA. And have money on Tennessee (hope it work sbetter than my Tennessee -7 bet last year...).

Please crush them, conference pride be damned.

When I came out for the 06' game, I had a spectacular time, minus a 4 hour or so period that I simply can't remember for whatever reason :eek:lol:

TNFlower invited the Cal fans to her barbecue, where she cooked up some 300 lbs of southern bbq and didn't ask for a penny (though plenty of well-to-do Cal fans pitched in, I was a poor student at the time and had about $100 to work with for my entire trip... slept against one of your libraries the night before the game). Another poster on the old scout board, dd4vols, gave me a ride to and from Nashville airport and also put me up in his hotel the night after the game. Throw in the fact some guy in a trailer traded me a jar of moonshine for a Cal shirt and the amazing atmosphere around the stadium, and I became a bit of a Vol fan that day. Have yet to meet a fanbase that was anywhere near as cool all-around.

Meanwhile, I hate UCLA. And have money on Tennessee (hope it work sbetter than my Tennessee -7 bet last year...).

Please crush them, conference pride be damned.

Rest assured, come Saturday the Vols WILL exact their revenge on UCLA. Neyland will officially be known as "the house of pain."

Good to see there are Cal fans that feel the way I do about conference pride... to hell with it.

thats interesting...SEC fans (at least the ones that I know) always pull for other SEC teams when playing a non-conference team. Unless you are bama....It just hurts pulling for bama..and I know that Auburn fans never pull for bama no matter who they are playing.

thats interesting...SEC fans (at least the ones that I know) always pull for other SEC teams when playing a non-conference team. Unless you are bama....It just hurts pulling for bama..and I know that Auburn fans never pull for bama no matter who they are playing.

I NEVER pull for bama, ever. I won't even capitalize their name. I don't care if they are playing a team of Nazis, I DON'T CARE. OOC games, bowl games, nothing. I will never pull for them. Wow, did I get my point across or what?

most cal fans have an intense dislike for ucla for reasons i wont get into. if you were playing oregon state or someone i'm sure you wouldn't be getting so much support.

I really could care less if anyone out there is pulling for us or not. It means nothing to me. I will always pull for SEC teams over non conference teams, if it's bama I'll just check the score once it's over, laugh if they
lose and shrug if they win.

Go Vols

I NEVER pull for bama, ever. I won't even capitalize their name. I don't care if they are playing a team of Nazis, I DON'T CARE. OOC games, bowl games, nothing. I will never pull for them. Wow, did I get my point across or what?

So does that mean u don't pull for Bama?

Gators and Cocks can go to hell. It wouldn't break my heart to see them lose every out of conference game.

I dont ever pull for SEC teams just cause they are in our conference. But, a game like Okie State and UGA? Yeah, I wanted the Dawgs to win. But Bama vs. VT? I didnt care at all who won that, I was just pulling for a good game. The only team I would NEVER pull for in any situation is UF....I can't think of a team I would root for them to beat.....maybe Notre Dame. I have a great respect for Cal, as a bunch of their fans tailgated with us in Knoxville in 06, and they were great fun. Even after the game didnt go their way, they gave props where it was deserved and partied into the night with us. We will smack UCLA around for you, as long as you PROMISE to beat the hell out of USC and win the PAC10 so we can all stop hearing how great they are. My favorite non-UT player in the country is Jahvid Best....I would LOVE if that kid was wearing Big Orange!

VN Store

Back