A couple of updates on some stuff you already know

VolStudent19

- Saw Gerald Jones on campus today, wearing an ankle brace, but was actually jumping up and down, said he feels good, barely any pain. Just by past dealings with him, its incredibly obvious that he has a WHOLE new attitude about him this year then last year. The kid is hungry to say the least.

- Have a class with Ben Martin, has been sick the last two or three days but only missed practice yesterday.

- Talked to Cody Sullins, both he and his brother only have one class this term, and are focusing on studying the offense. Cody is probably going to get his Masters in accounting, and is one smart dude. Understands the system and his role in it.

Also, having his brother on the team to help him with film, reading the defense etc. helps.

Thanks for the info, VolStudent19.

Sure would be nice to get Gerald Jones back in time for the UF game.

- Talked to Cody Sullins, both he and his brother only have one class this term, and are focusing on studying the offense. Cody is probably going to get his Masters in accounting, and is one smart dude. Understands the system and his role in it.

maybe something I don't want to bring up but don't they have to be full-time students to play sports? How could they possible pass enough hrs to stay eligible?

Yeah he must be a pretty smart kid to get his MACC. I got my MACC in 2004, and am a licensed CPA. The intensity of football practice should have him well prepared for the MACC. I was thoroughly shocked at how much pressure there was in that program.

maybe something I don't want to bring up but don't they have to be full-time students to play sports? How could they possible pass enough hrs to stay eligible?

No they do not. Its incredibly common when someone redshirts, like cody did, to maintain eligibility, but not have many classes left to take in the fifth year, so they get one or two easy ones.

Earlier this week, Tebow volunteered to the New York Times that he is taking only one actual class this semester. The Times reporter then jokingly compared Tebow’s class schedule to USC quarterback Matt Leinart’s infamously easy course load in the fall semester of 2005 (that year Leinart’s only class was “Ballroom Dancing.”) Tebow’s response? “Easier,” he said.

Tebow explained that his class was for one credit. That’s right, the nation’s top “student athlete” is scheduled to be in class one hour per week. Actually, it’s more like zero. Tebow’s “Senior Seminar” class is scheduled for Tuesday afternoons during Gator football practice. Therefore, Tebow is going to “work something out” with the professor so that he doesn’t have to miss practice. Naturally, the blogs are going nuts over this.

Source

Yeah he must be a pretty smart kid to get his MACC. I got my MACC in 2004, and am a licensed CPA. The intensity of football practice should have him well prepared for the MACC. I was thoroughly shocked at how much pressure there was in that program.

Cody is a 3 time Academic AA, and has upwards of a 3.8 last time I talked to him. I would venture to guess one of the smartest guys on the team.

No they do not. Its incredibly common when someone redshirts, like cody did, to maintain eligibility, but not have many classes left to take in the fifth year, so they get one or two easy ones.

Source

doesn't make sense but good info. Thanks

Thanks for the info, VolStudent19.

Sure would be nice to get Gerald Jones back in time for the UF game.

DISCLAIMER: This opinion comes from someone with no medical background.

I would be incredibly surprised if Gerald didn't play against UF.

From everything I've heard, Sullins was gonna be starting over McNeil anyways just because he knew the offense, the calls and adjustments, blah blah blah so well already.

From everything I've heard, Sullins was gonna be starting over McNeil anyways just because he knew the offense, the calls and adjustments, blah blah blah so well already.

Exactly, even last year, Cody had an incredibly deep (probably the only one) understanding of the Clawfense.

When I was in school, the NCAA had a rule concerning your last semester of eligibility in your sport. There are no set number of hours to be eligible. Obviously, you have to be enrolled in something and it has to be toward your graduation, but you do not have to be enrolled in the 12 hour minimum.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It would also appear that Sullins was a lot less injuried than McNeil...:eek:k:

nice post, thanks!

3.8 is pretty impressive, especially while playing fb.

VN Store

Back