SEC Network Info - TV Stations

Tampavolz

'Livin on Tampa Time'
Hope this helps some people...

ESPN Regional TV and SEC Introduce 'SEC Network' 07/21/2009 |

Exclusive Regional SEC Coverage Debuts in September with Neal, Ware and Capuano

ESPN Regional Television, the new over-the-air syndication home for Southeastern Conference programming, and the SEC announced today a regionally syndicated college sports package that will air in more than 73 television markets, along with the branding of the syndication package as the SEC Network – all part of the groundbreaking 15-year agreement between ESPN, Inc., and the SEC.

Within the nine-state SEC footprint, the SEC Network will be delivered in markets by the local over-the-air carrier of SEC events. In markets outside the SEC footprint, the syndicated programming will air on either local, over-the-air television stations or regional sports cable networks.

Coverage will feature extensive football, men's basketball and women's basketball telecasts, produced by ESPN Regional Television.

"As ESPN moves forward in this landmark agreement with the SEC, ESPN Regional Television is thrilled to provide our viewers with a consistent window for Southeastern Conference football and basketball," said Pete Derzis, senior vice president & general manager, ESPN Regional Television. "With ESPN's multimedia platforms, we anticipate SEC sports will touch an unprecedented base of college fans nationwide."

The SEC Network will feature an SEC football Game of the Week regionally for 13 consecutive Saturdays, beginning Sept. 5. Those telecasts will kick off at noon ET/11 a.m. CT with the live SEC Studio show, followed by the matchup, generally determined 12 to six days in advance. The new kickoff time for the Game of the Week will be 12:21 p.m. ET.

Longtime SEC announcer Dave Neal will call the weekly SEC Network game on Saturdays, along with analyst Andre Ware and reporter Cara Capuano.

The SEC Studio show is produced by ESPN Regional Television at their headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., also the home of ESPNU. The SEC show will kick off Saturday coverage with host Rob Stone and analyst Matt Stinchcomb in the studio.

The regular-season SEC men's basketball package on the SEC Network beginning in January will consist of Wednesday and Saturday games, including doubleheaders. The SEC Network will also offer regional coverage of multiple rounds from the SEC Men's Basketball Tournament as well as SEC women's basketball games on Sundays, also beginning in January.

"The SEC Network, through the efforts of ESPN, will be the largest college sports syndication television package in the country," SEC Commissioner Mike Slive said. "The comprehensive market coverage in the nine-state SEC area combined with the out-of-market reach gives us significant additional exposure for our programs."

The markets that will air the package represent more than 54 million television households, or 47 percent of the U.S. Before the first football game this season, as clearance work continues, the coverage area will be larger still. The 15-year agreement between ESPN and the SEC begins with the 2009-10 season and continues through 2023-24.

SEC Network Markets (confirmed as of release date)

State City Station(s) Affiliation
Alabama

Birmingham-Tuscaloosa-Anniston WTTO; WABM CW; MNT
Dothan WTVY; WTVY-DT2, -DT3 CBS; MNT; CW
Huntsville-Decatur (Flor) WZDX; WAMY FOX; MNT
Mobile-Pensacola (Ft Walt) WJTC IND
Montgomery (Selma) WCOV; WCOV-DT2 FOX

Arizona Phoenix KTVK (Football only) IND

Arkansas
Fort Smith-Fay-Sprngdl-Rgrs KHBS+; KHBS-DT2 ABC; CW
Jonesboro KAIT; KAIT-DT2, -DT3 ABC
Little Rock-Pine Bluff KATV; KATV-DT2 ABC

Florida
Fort Myers-Naples WXCW CW
Gainesville WOGX FOX
Jacksonville, Brunswick WJXT IND
Miami-Fort Lauderdale WSFL CW
Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbrn WOFL; WRBW FOX; MNT
Panama City WJHG MNT
Tallahassee-Thomasville WCTV; WCTV-DT2 CBS; MNT
Tampa-St. Pete, Sarasota WTTA MNT
West Palm Beach-Fort Pierce TBA

Georgia
Albany WALB NBC
Atlanta WPCH IND
Augusta WRDW; My 12 CBS; MNT
Columbus WXTX; WTVM, WLGA FOX; ABC; IND
Macon WGXA FOX
Savannah WTGS FOX

Illinois
Chicago TBA (Football only)

Indiana
Evansville WTVW FOX
Indianapolis TBA (Football only)

Kansas Wichita-Hutchinson KWCH; KSCW CBS; CW

Kentucky
Bowling Green WBKO; WBKO-FOX; WBKO-This-TV ABC; FOX
Lexington WKYT; CWkyt CBS; CW
Louisville WAVE NBC
Paducah-C.Girard.-Harrbg-Mt VN WPSD; WPSD-DT2 NBC

Louisiana
Alexandria KLAX ABC
Baton Rouge WAFB; WBXH CBS; MNT
Lafayette KADN FOX
Lake Charles KVHP FOX
Monroe-El Dorado TBA
New Orleans WWL; WUPL CBS; MNT
Shreveport KMSS; KSHV FOX; MNT

Michigan
Detroit TBA (Football only)

Missouri Springfield KCZ CW

Mississippi
Biloxi-Gulfport WXXV; My XXV2 Fox; MNT
Columbus-Tupelo-West Point WCBI; My MS CBS; MNT
Greenwood-Greenville WABG; FOX 10 ABC; FOX
Hattiesburg-Laurel WHLT; WHLT-DT2 CBS
Jackson WJTV; WJTV-DT3 CBS; RTV
Meridian WDMN; WGBC; WGBC-DT1 CBS; NBC; FOX

N. Carolina
Charlotte WAXN IND
Greensboro-H.Point-W.Salem WCWG CW
Raleigh-Durham WNCN; WNCN-DT2 NBC

New York New York TBA (Football only)

Ohio
Cincinnati WSTR MNT
Columbus WTTE FOX
Dayton WRGT FOX

Oklahoma Oklahoma City KSBI IND

Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh WPMY (Football only) MNT

S. Carolina
Charleston WMMP MNT
Columbia WIS NBC
Greenvll-Spart-Ashevll-And WSPA; WYCW CBS; CW
Myrtle Beach-Florence WWMB; WPDE CW; ABC

Tennessee
Chattanooga WDSI; WFLI FOX; CW
Jackson WJKT FOX
Knoxville WVLT; My VLT2 CBS; MNT
Memphis WLMT CW
Nashville WUXP MNT
Tri-Cities, TN-VA WCYB; CW4 NBC; CW

Texas
Beaumont-Port Arthur KUMY MNT
Dallas-Fort Worth KTXA (Football only) IND
Houston KTBU (Football only) IND
San Antonio KMYS (Football only) MNT
Tyler-Longview-Lufkin & Ncgd KLPN; KFXL MNT; FOX

Virginia
Norfolk-Portsmouth-NN-Hampton WSKY IND

West Virginia
Charleston-Huntington WSAZ; My ZTV NBC; MNT

ESPN and the SEC
ESPN, Inc., and the Southeastern Conference entered into a landmark 15-year agreement for extensive football, men's and women's basketball, Olympic sports and conference championship content across multiple ESPN entities beginning with the 2009-10 academic year. As a result of the deal -– the longest national rights agreement in ESPN history – ESPN will showcase more than 5,500 SEC events on ESPN, ESPN on ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Regional Television, ESPN360.com, ESPN Mobile TV, ESPN GamePlan, ESPN FULL COURT, ESPN International, ESPN Deportes and ESPN Classic. ESPN has televised the SEC since 1982.

ESPN Regional Television
The nation's largest syndicator of collegiate sports programming, ESPN Regional Television (ERT) annually produces more than 1,000 telecasts of sporting events. Programming includes football, basketball, NCAA events, golf and NHRA events accounting for more than 2,200 live and/or original hours of programming. In addition to event ownership, ERT is the production headquarters for ESPNU, the 24-hour college sports network; syndication rights-holder and producer of national, regional and local shows for college conferences (e.g. – SEC, BIG EAST, Big 12, Mid-American, Sun Belt, WAC).

ESPN Regional Television markets and/or owns several sporting events, including collegiate football events: the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth, Texas); MAACO Bowl Las Vegas; New Mexico Bowl (Albuquerque); Papajohns.com Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.); Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl (Honolulu); St. Petersburg Bowl; the MEAC/SWAC Challenge presented by Disney (Orlando, Fla.); and The Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards; collegiate basketball events: the 76 Classic (Anaheim, Calif.); Charleston Classic (S.C.); ESPNU Road to the Championship (Women; San Antonio); Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic (Honolulu); Old Spice Classic (Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Fla.); O'Reilly Auto Parts Puerto Rico Tip-Off (San Juan); SEC/BIG EAST Invitational; All-College Classic (Oklahoma City) and ESPNU BracketBusters; as well as the ESPN National Golf Challenge presented by Callaway. For more information, visit ESPNPlus.com.

SEC
The Southeastern Conference was formed in 1933 and consists of 12 member institutions: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt. The league currently sanctions championship play in nine men's sports and 11 women's sports. Its headquarters has been located in Birmingham, Ala., since 1948. For more on the conference, visit www.secsports.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, I would be in a TBA area...it had better be fixed soon!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

For the TBA folks, the game is close enough now that it should start appearing in your channel guides (at least if you have Tivo or another DVR). Check your local listings. :)

For the TBA folks, the game is close enough now that it should start appearing in your channel guides (at least if you have Tivo or another DVR). Check your local listings. :)

I too noticed this.

For anyone in the Greater Los Angeles area

Sec Network: KDOC -56 (SD it would appear)

Maybe everyone could just list what the local channels are, and at some point, make a master list, since the SEC Network is doing such a bang up job of letting us, the fans, know. Because fans aren't important. Just the bucks! :dry:

It should be on WVLT, the CBS affiliate just like the JP/LF/Raycom games always were.
The UT-WKU game will not be on WVLT in the Knoxville area because the US Open people have made it mandatory that their tennis tourney be shown on the main (HD) CBS stations. The UT-WKU game will be on the sub-channel (WVLT-DT2).

:popcorn:

Anyone know if it will be on DirecTV in Cadiz, KY? I'm not quite sure what cable provider/satellite providers cover and where they cover in KY. I'm going to be in Cadiz Labor Day weekend. I'm hoping I can pick it up at my cabin, which has DirecTV, but if I cannot get it there I will be making the 1 hour drive to catch the game at a sportsbar in Clarksville. Any info would help.

Anyone know if it will be on DirecTV in Cadiz, KY? I'm not quite sure what cable provider/satellite providers cover and where they cover in KY. I'm going to be in Cadiz Labor Day weekend. I'm hoping I can pick it up at my cabin, which has DirecTV, but if I cannot get it there I will be making the 1 hour drive to catch the game at a sportsbar in Clarksville. Any info would help.

Or, if the locals are out of Paducah, KY:

Paducah-C.Girard.-Harrbg-Mt VN WPSD; WPSD-DT2 NBC

The way I read it is SEC Network is your local CBS affiliate, regardless of your cable provider. cmiiw

VN Store

Back