Jonathan Crompton is the starter...

Just a formality.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I am excited to have one guy, rather than a QB by committee. I read that Michigan is opening up its season with a 3 QB rotation AKA desire to lose.

Looks like the die is cast, but personally, all else being equal, I like the idea of starting Stephens for the WKU game to give him some much-needed seasoning, then starting Crompton for the Ucla game, because of the revenge factor. The one who gives the best performance earns the right to start against UF.

:td:

Looks like the die is cast, but personally, all else being equal, I like the idea of starting Stephens for the WKU game to give him some much-needed seasoning, then starting Crompton for the Ucla game, because of the revenge factor. The one who gives the best performance earns the right to start against UF.

:td:

I can assure you that will not happen and unless Crompton gets injured or reverts back to last year, he will play every meaningful snap this season.

If JC goes wire to wire as starter, UT has good chance to win 8 + games. If he can't hold the job, its probably a sign that the season is going south.

Evidently from his play, he deserves it. So now that he is our QB------all together now----GO Cromp! GO Cromp!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Last edited:
i think now that hes been pushed to be a starter with no guarantees goin in i think we will see a new and better jc this year go vols

I just hope he doesn't get death threats this year.. "I can now see why he said he didn't care what the fans thought".. I most likely would have said worse than that..

I trust CLK and hope Crompton has improved. But reading this thread I can't help thinking back to last year and all the horrible memories. I can't go back to this:

img10987428_feature.jpg

"Crompton has proved to be an incompetent, mediocre, and most of all, confusing quarterback in his first three starts. Here's two main examples.
In the second quarter about halfway through, Crompton's led the Vols to the Florida one. The score is still UF 17, UT 0, but Crompton and the Vols have a great chance to get a touchdown and gain some momentum.
There is no Florida defender in front of the center. Most quarterbacks know what this means. If you are in this situation, you change the play to a quarterback sneak and you easily get in for the TD and some momentum and possibly a game-changing play.
So what does Crompton do?
He attempts a handoff to the fullback, holds on to the ball for too long, the fullback drops it, and Florida recovers. It's a good thing I was sitting in the upper deck because if I was in the lower deck I would've ran out onto the field and beaten the crap out of Crompton."

Florida-Tennessee: CFF's Review Of The Vols' 30-6 Blowout Loss | Bleacher Report

Or like this:

utauburn6.MP2310392_t160_160.JPG

"Quarterbacks D-

Jonathan Crompton avoided any monstrous mistakes in the passing game but was 8-of-23 for 67 yards. Not good. Crompton isn't seeing the field well and still looks uncomfortable. Crompton's play was so bad that UT's coaches admitted to discussing a quarterback change."

Report card: Tennessee vs. Auburn GoVolsXtra

Prove everyone wrong Jonathan. Last Chance!

Last edited:
Kiff is our coach, lets trust him to make the right decisions.

Cromp is our QB, lets trust him to get the job done.

Lets all try and be positive--------for once.:hi:

VN Store

Back