Tony Barnhart Interview with Fulmer.

Clockwork Orange

More of the Same B.S. Fulmer wants to coach a championship contender and he feels "young" again.

Fulmer definitely wants to coach again | Mr. College Football

I did find this quote to be interesting and hilarious.

“People who know me know that I’m not afraid of change and to learn new things,” said Fulmer. “I’m not afraid to take a chance. We showed that went we went from (quarterback) Petyon Manning (in 1997) to Tee Martin (in 1998). They were both great players but had success in different ways."

Switching QB's means you're not afraid of change?

Also, he's putting all the blame on Clawson, which I kind of figured he would.

"Of course that (willingness to try new things) probably bit me in the butt last year.” Fulmer was referring to his hiring of former Richmond head coach Dave Clawson as his offensive coordinator in 2008.

Ridiculous.

Hey CPF shut up or at least take some of the blame!!! It wasn't Clawson's fault it was yours for not letting him bring in assistants that could teach his system. It was you fault for overriding him in play calling and personel. It was your fault for playing not to loose everytime you had a lead (and you lost). It was your fault for letting Chavis play the mustang package.

You guys are getting overly sensitive. I read it as Fulmer is blaming himself for hiring the wrong person. Which everyone agrees with.

Hey CPF shut up or at least take some of the blame!!! It wasn't Clawson's fault it was yours for not letting him bring in assistants that could teach his system. It was you fault for overriding him in play calling and personel. It was your fault for playing not to loose everytime you had a lead (and you lost). It was your fault for letting Chavis play the mustang package.
:good!:
Hear Hear!

AND It was your fault for NEVER "fixing" special teams.

:eek:k: :good!: :salute:

Beyond Delusional.

I couldn't agree more. CPF refused to replace assistant coaches who could not "coach up" good talent. We had some very good players that mostly never reached their full potential. He was too loyal to the coaches, to fire them and get some better assistants.

More of the Same B.S. Fulmer wants to coach a championship contender and he feels "young" again.

Fulmer definitely wants to coach again | Mr. College Football

I did find this quote to be interesting and hilarious.

“People who know me know that I’m not afraid of change and to learn new things,” said Fulmer. “I’m not afraid to take a chance. We showed that went we went from (quarterback) Petyon Manning (in 1997) to Tee Martin (in 1998). They were both great players but had success in different ways."

Switching QB's means you're not afraid of change?

Also, he's putting all the blame on Clawson, which I kind of figured he would.

"Of course that (willingness to try new things) probably bit me in the butt last year.” Fulmer was referring to his hiring of former Richmond head coach Dave Clawson as his offensive coordinator in 2008.

Ridiculous.

He played Tee Martin becase he was the best option left after Peyton graduated, outside of Jermaine Copeland and Burney Veazy.

He didn't have a choice!

I'm still trying to figure out how replacing a quarterback who had exhausted his eligibility constitutes innovation.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

“People who know me know that I’m not afraid of change and to learn new things,” said Fulmer.

That's one of the funniest thing I've ever read.

I'm still trying to figure out how replacing a quarterback who had exhausted his eligibility constitutes innovation.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Amazing the ingenuity of the Fulmerites when thrashing around for accolades to with which to laud their hero.

I'm really getting tired of all the Fulmer bashing. We have a new staff and a new year ahead of us - can't we just focus on that? Ripping a guy for defending himself is ridiculous. This year is going to be great fun and the Vols will be back - enough said.

“I think the commitment comes from the administration in terms of facilities, hiring the best possible staff and giving them the tools to succeed,” Fulmer said. “It would be silly for me at this point to go start up a program. Building new programs is very important work. But that is not what I want to do at this point.”

This quote is a joke! He had all the facilities he needed. He could have hired a better staff but he was way to loyal. Randy Sanders had to fall on the preverbial sword because Fulmer would not fire him years earlier. He let his staff grow stale and comfortable. I think he actually thought he was untouchable after '98. The once great recruiter left this cubbard bare. His staff failed to coach the talent they had - that was the NFL's remark 2 years ago. Phil is a great guy but he let up after the NC and coasted. He then just ran out of gas.

I'm really getting tired of all the Fulmer bashing. We have a new staff and a new year ahead of us - can't we just focus on that? Ripping a guy for defending himself is ridiculous. This year is going to be great fun and the Vols will be back - enough said.

He's getting ripped because his defense is ridiculous. Nobody's forcing you or anyone else to read this thread.

He's getting ripped because his defense is ridiculous. Nobody's forcing you or anyone else to read this thread.

No doubt, it seems Phil is the one that is having trouble moving on. He seems to be the one doing all the interviews about why he should still be coaching Tennessee.

He also took a couple of shots recently at Kiffin about how he shouldn't have extended his hand to Fulmer in public and about the Meyer comments.

I doubt Kiffin gives a damn or not but Phil needs to understand that Lane had nothing to do with his firing.

Any speculation on where he might end up coaching if he gets an opportunity? I kind of think that he would want to stay in the SEC. Would he take the Kentucky job if offered? I think that Rich Brooks probably retire this year.

VN Store

Back