Someone managed ot get Bryce Brown and Fulmer into the same article

What a horribly written article. It's something you would find in a high school student paper.

What a horribly written article. It's something you would find in a high school student paper.

I completely agree, that's why I posted it. I read those two sections and said, "What?" They didn't say anything.

Tennessee does not need Bryce Brown aggravation | Mr. College Football

Brown probably not an issue, but will it be worth the hassle? Maybe, maybe not. But probably. Huh?

Fulmer might go to Louisville? But not because of any real potential, just a guess. Huh?

If Brown is even remotely as good as everybody thinks he's going to be, then three years from now nobody's going to remember the "hassle" of whether he was going to miss the first to games of his freshman year. This is just ephemera. Two weeks of annoyance and paperwork in return for three years of having an elite RB on the field is a tradeoff I'd take every time.

UT's recruitment of him has never been at issue at all, so I don't see where the risk supposedly was. It's not like they turned down somebody else that they could have had instead.

Tony Barnhart is the prophet of conventional wisdom in college football. If you want to know what "everybody thinks" about something, he's your man. If you want original analysis, you have to look elsewhere.

If Brown is even remotely as good as everybody thinks he's going to be, then three years from now nobody's going to remember the "hassle" of whether he was going to miss the first to games of his freshman year. This is just ephemera. Two weeks of annoyance and paperwork in return for three years of having an elite RB on the field is a tradeoff I'd take every time.

UT's recruitment of him has never been at issue at all, so I don't see where the risk supposedly was. It's not like they turned down somebody else that they could have had instead.

Agreed. It's incredible that we live in the information age, with all the facts readily available, and yet so many people run around spewing garbage.

The whole Tebow vs. Charlie Ward thing that is mentioned in that article is crazy. Statistically, Ward doesn't even come close. I hate florida with a passion...but my god, you've got to respect the numbers that Tebow has.

From where I stand. Bryce Brown has exhibited patience,class,maturity,and respect for all to see pubicly. I have a typical 19 year old university student who I wish were half the person at this point in his young life. Not only should Bryce be complimented for his representation of the entire Volnation, but the fine people who taught this young man how to conduct himself are to be congratulated for a job well done! As a matter of fact, our entire freshmen class seems to be quite extrodinary people off the field as well. I am proud to be a vol with these guys on my side!:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Maybe they will meet during Tebow's next prison ministry? I guess we have some obligation as UTK fans to look for the rusty spots on Tebow's shining armor but dadgum if that man is not one hell of a competitor.

I think a lot of people are still baffled that a 5-7 Tennessee team could land the top recruit in the nation so he MUST have some baggage.

Why else would the almighty Trojans or Gators pass this kid up instead of giving Bryce credit for choosing different schools or UT's staff credit for recruiting him.

It just makes it easier for them to report that he had baggage and will be a headache than accept what actually happened.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back