2791 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will..... within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 08-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
andymuffins

Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will....
Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will....

be suspended 1 game and ordered to pay back his benefits...this is what UT is appealing.

LINK

I saw the other thread but thought it best to create a new topic since the other has a ton of crud in it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
VolAce
All VOL All The Time

Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will....
Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will....
Well I supose it could have been worse, but it still pisses me off because this is he first year I will only be able to go to one game and I chose to go to the first one with it being boomsday weekend and all. I really wanted to show my auburn friends that are coming with me how good BB is, as well as see for myself. I hope they appeal this and win...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
shades_of_orange

Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will....
what are the odds that this gets reversed and could somone give a summary as to what the article said
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
FlashVolNJ
I prefer implants

Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will....
At least he will have a game under his belt before Florida.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
BearCat204
Phenom

Big question to me is what is the amount that he is going to have to pay back, and are they going to give out the same suspension and payback for the other kids that did the same thing???
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
lovemyvols23
PSN= raiderNrockytop

Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will....
I have seen in some cases where the school picks what game or games the player is suspended tho, doubt we'd have that option, but I have seen that before
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
Volst53
Bang Bang

I can live with that as long as we have him back for the ucla game.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #8
 SpringBokVol 
I'm the master of my fate

Who does he have to pay back his benefits to? That doesn't make any sense to me.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #9
SGMVols
Sophomoric Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volst53 View Post
I can live with that as long as we have him back for the ucla game.
Agreed. If we can't beat WKU without him, then this suspension is the least of our problems.

But I'm glad UT is appealing this anyway. You have to defend your athlete in this case.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #10
bluetickhound16
Message board folk hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringBokVol View Post
Who does he have to pay back his benefits to? That doesn't make any sense to me.

+1.... And what about the other athletes who signed D-1 scholly's that were a part of this whole deal? Do they have to pony up too?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #11
#10_Ainge_#10
Just blame the flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyvols23 View Post
I have seen in some cases where the school picks what game or games the player is suspended tho, doubt we'd have that option, but I have seen that before
See UF in 06, although it was different with them but that one guy got suspended for the games that didn't matter and then he was out there against us and then suspended for the game after that and if I'm not mistaking back for the LSU game?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #12
vol_fan21

Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will.... Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringBokVol View Post
That is a very good question. Anyone know the answer?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #13
 SpringBokVol 
I'm the master of my fate

I am assuming the NCAA has come up with some arbitrary number and that he will pay it back to some NCAA foundation...

Just my guess. If I am right or close to right that is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #14
BearCat204
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vol_fan21 View Post
That is a very good question. Anyone know the answer?
The NCAA
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #15
lovemyvols23
PSN= raiderNrockytop

Quote:
Originally Posted by #10_Ainge_#10 View Post
See UF in 06, although it was different with them but that one guy got suspended for the games that didn't matter and then he was out there against us and then suspended for the game after that and if I'm not mistaking back for the LSU game?
ya, that's what i'm talkin about, if that's the case, congrats ohio, you don't have to play BB
Reply With Quote TOP