Scout Reporting that Bryce Brown will....

andymuffins

be suspended 1 game and ordered to pay back his benefits...this is what UT is appealing.

LINK

I saw the other thread but thought it best to create a new topic since the other has a ton of crud in it.

Well I supose it could have been worse, but it still pisses me off because this is he first year I will only be able to go to one game and I chose to go to the first one with it being boomsday weekend and all. I really wanted to show my auburn friends that are coming with me how good BB is, as well as see for myself. I hope they appeal this and win...

Big question to me is what is the amount that he is going to have to pay back, and are they going to give out the same suspension and payback for the other kids that did the same thing???

I have seen in some cases where the school picks what game or games the player is suspended tho, doubt we'd have that option, but I have seen that before

I can live with that as long as we have him back for the ucla game.

Agreed. If we can't beat WKU without him, then this suspension is the least of our problems.

But I'm glad UT is appealing this anyway. You have to defend your athlete in this case.

I have seen in some cases where the school picks what game or games the player is suspended tho, doubt we'd have that option, but I have seen that before
See UF in 06, although it was different with them but that one guy got suspended for the games that didn't matter and then he was out there against us and then suspended for the game after that and if I'm not mistaking back for the LSU game?

I am assuming the NCAA has come up with some arbitrary number and that he will pay it back to some NCAA foundation...

Just my guess. If I am right or close to right that is ridiculous.

See UF in 06, although it was different with them but that one guy got suspended for the games that didn't matter and then he was out there against us and then suspended for the game after that and if I'm not mistaking back for the LSU game?

ya, that's what i'm talkin about, if that's the case, congrats ohio, you don't have to play BB

My buddy says Bryce is going to be suspended for Florida. Is that because it is the first conference game? Why isn't it WKU? Pretty darn arbitrary if you ask me.

Who does he have to pay back his benefits to? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Hubbs said that it's likely just a donation to charity. He also said that the one game suspension was the original ruling that is being appealed. Nothing is final, but it looks like worse case scenario is that he misses a game.

Where are you g8terh8ter_eric, TennesseePride, crusse10, bburger991, VOLinthaATL, SpringBokVol, DougVol ? BB was supposed to lose his entire eligibility according to your expertise on the subject ? Told you guys it would be a one or two game suspension and nothing more. You guys think because you have thousands of post and apparently no life, that you know more than anyone else on this board. This is just further proof you don't. You guys need to get a life and grow up.

I really do not think Bryce will make that big of a difference early in the season anyways, By mid-season is when we will start seeing some flashes of what he can do and what he will start doing in the future....If your expecting him to run over people in the swamp and look like Bo Jackson then your going to be terribly disappointed...Give him and the rest of the freshman time to adjust to the college game first.

ya, that's what i'm talkin about, if that's the case, congrats ohio, you don't have to play BB
If it was me I'd go ahead and set him for WKU, that way he could rest that hip(I think that's the injury they say has been bothering him) so he would be close to, if not 100% for UCLA and Florida

There is no way someone should be suspended for this. I'm sure Bryce knew the consequences as a sophmore in H.S. The NCAA just wants to make an example out of a high profile recruit. I hope this can be appealed.

I'd much rather sit him for WKU. Ohio is much tougher. They nearly upset the Buckeyes last year.
Ohio St. was overrated last year IMO...I agree though, Ohio is a more formidable opponent but I think even without Bryce we should manage to get the W over them...If not we got problems

well we at least know the very worst that can happen so it's a good place to start. Let the UTAD work up from there

VN Store

Back