Kiffin: A throwback

Yeah, once you guys(media) see how Kiffin and this staff coach, you will be all on the bandwagon.

Good read and nice to see you "getting" CLK. He is a man child as far as coaching experience goes. I bet his 1st toy was a chalk board, and was drawing up plays in pre school.

Good read. As surprised as I am to hear "Kiffin and old-school" in the same sentence...I like it.

I'm ready for some smashmouth football... its been way too long... but sounds like its back!

Lord I hope so. I remember when teams used to dread coming to Neyland to play. For the past few years there has been no fear from the other teams when they come into the sacred place called Neyland. I believe that soon, teams will start to feel dread when they come into Neyland because they know they're gonna get hit like nobody's business.

You think it was an accident Lathers blew up Brown? Not. These coaches are learning about their players quickly -- quicker than I thought they would, to their credit. Hard core coaching, man.

Yeah, I'm just shocked a staff with guys who have been around Super Bowl and National Championship teams know what they are doing.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Phillip fulmer was a offensive linemen. He didn't have that mean nasty streak in him. All this sounds good, but a lot of teams practice physical and hard. I'll hold my judgement on how much good all of it does when i see proof of it on the field. They're not siping tea down at florida or alabama right now either.

Phillip fulmer was a offensive linemen. He didn't have that mean nasty streak in him. All this sounds good, but a lot of teams practice physical and hard. I'll hold my judgement on how much good all of it does when i see proof of it on the field. They're not siping tea down at florida or alabama right now either.

Which means that if the physicality and injuries weren't coming now... they'd be coming when we go against Florida and Alabama. The quote about a Tennessee player quitting was telling of the shape (or lack of) of the program. I would be surprised if that happens now.

The more sweat on the training field, the less blood on the battlefield.

It amazes me how many coaching staffs seem to have forgotten that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It's why Mike Leach will never win anything substantial.

It's why Colt Brennan had his ass handed to him by UGA's defense.

It's why Chris Peterson will be an Idaho state hero his entire coaching career.

Alabama last year is a great example of what physical play on both sides of the LOS leads to.

It's why Colt Brennan had his ass handed to him by UGA's defense.

It's why Chris Peterson will be an Idaho state hero his entire coaching career.

Alabama last year is a great example of what physical play on both sides of the LOS leads to.

Just about to post this.

Which is why I'm still utterly baffled that anyone with even a modicum of football knowledge would think he was the cure to what ailed this program. Watching his team get physically assaulted by Oklahoma should have been more than enough evidence.

VN Store

Back