So Frank Wycheck just slammed CLK for having physical practice....

checkerboard_charly

I know this should just be ignored but I am so sick of the constant attacking....He said CLK was stupid and a moron for having physical practice already...He stressed how "dumb" it is....It just tears me up....So text them and let them know how much you hate this crap....The text number is 64636...Begin the text with the words "wake up" and then ur message...also put your name and location at the end....I forgot the # if you wanna call in...But I am sure someone on here has it.... This is on 104.5 out of Nashville by the way.

Physical practice is dangerous when you have an experienced team with a history of success.

Physical practice is a necessity when you have a team who lost games because they were soft and out of shape.

The best part about this all is that they are talking about us.

TFP...

Kiffin didn't shy from stating his desire for physical practices, despite the Vols having depth issues at several spots.

"I just don't know another way to do it," he said. "I guess, if you go back, we got in trouble at Oakland for doing that and actually lost some offseason time because we were having too much contact. I just think that's how you build a team if it's going to be physical, if it's going to be able to run the ball and going to be able to play such a tough schedule.

"We're very physical in the way that we practice. We have relentless pursuit after the ball because the number-one thing is turnover margin. That's how you win and lose games faster than anything else, is turning the ball over and getting it back on defense."

"I just don't know another way to do it," he said. "I guess, if you go back, we got in trouble at Oakland for doing that and actually lost some offseason time because we were having too much contact. I just think that's how you build a team if it's going to be physical, if it's going to be able to run the ball and going to be able to play such a tough schedule.
this comment was about how physical Day 1, sans pads, actually became.

As you Wycheck, he's a guy that spent many years in a league of folks who had long since proven they are physical. Not to mention the fact that he had the union around making sure nobody was physical other than on those dates dictated by the union.

Wycheck is a tool. The only reason he is remembered is because of an illegal forward pass play that did not get called. He is just jumping on the bandwagon of haters. Like posted earlier, they are talking about us and that is all good. I bet if it gets to ESPN, we will see it on one of the pm shows

No such thing as a physically dangerous practice without pads, a high intensity with lot of things happening however is possible.

I hope he doesn't get a violation for admitting that they were having contact on a non contact day?

Speaking of the morning show, did anyone catch Mark Howard earlier when he was talking to Joe Fisher? He said that Vanderbilt currently has a top 5 recruiting class per Rivals for 2010. How could they be that stupid? The only top 5 Vandy has going in recruiting is maybe top 5 in the SEC east. They're probably ahead of Kentucky right now but he just said top 5. The sad part is Joe Fisher, the one guy that should know all things Vandy, agreed with him and added that they were recruiting with the big boys now.

his goal is to generate conversation and I think he has achieved that

Wycheck is a tool. The only reason he is remembered is because of an illegal forward pass play that did not get called. He is just jumping on the bandwagon of haters. Like posted earlier, they are talking about us and that is all good. I bet if it gets to ESPN, we will see it on one of the pm shows

That wasn't a forward pass regardless if Wycheck is a tool or not.

Speaking of the morning show, did anyone catch Mark Howard earlier when he was talking to Joe Fisher? He said that Vanderbilt currently has a top 5 recruiting class per Rivals for 2010. How could they be that stupid? The only top 5 Vandy has going in recruiting is maybe top 5 in the SEC east. They're probably ahead of Kentucky right now but he just said top 5. The sad part is Joe Fisher, the one guy that should know all things Vandy, agreed with him and added that they were recruiting with the big boys now.

I don't know what he's talking about. Vandy is 36th on Rivals and 34th on scout.:dunno:

I like the idea that Kiffin is being physical. I want us to be phyiscal, I want to see us with gas left in the tank in the second half.. I want to see us still applying a beat down in the fourth quarter...

i cant believe wycheck expressed an opinion, how dare he.
someone is paying him to give it, he gave it. thinks his nfl days give him legitmacy.
are we going to bang on every single talking head who has a less than flattering opinion on the program?

All I can say is consider the source. This comes from a guy who spent his entire career roiding up to make up for a lack of talent and ability. Wycheck is the moron, not Kiffin.

I'm glad you posted this. I heard it too and it got my blood boiling. I am so sick of 104.5's bias against the Vols in general. Since Kiffin arrived, it's just become that much more apparent. I sent them an e-mail as soon as I sat down at my desk this morning. The e-mail address for that crew is 'wakeup@1045thezone.com'

Unfortunately, they now have a monopoly in Nashville as we lost our espn affiliate.

i cant believe wycheck expressed an opinion, how dare he.
someone is paying him to give it, he gave it. thinks his nfl days give him legitmacy.
are we going to bang on every single talking head who has a less than flattering opinion on the program?

No, it's not that at all. I listen to these guys every morning and for the most part enjoy the show. But every time (and I mean every time) the Vols are discussed it is in a negative way. I don't mind arguments being made, heated discussions, etc., but it is consistent.

I'm glad you posted this. I heard it too and it got my blood boiling. I am so sick of 104.5's bias against the Vols in general. Since Kiffin arrived, it's just become that much more apparent. I sent them an e-mail as soon as I sat down at my desk this morning. The e-mail address for that crew is 'wakeup@1045thezone.com'

Unfortunately, they now have a monopoly in Nashville as we lost our espn affiliate.

I think plaster is a jerk.
but 104.5 has 4 hours a week dedicated to vols fball. thats 3 more hours than vandy, thier flagship program.

how are they biased?

I remember when I played HS football, there was no such thing as a "no contact" practice. You went full speed all the time. If someone would have mentioned no contact, they would have been laughed off the field. I mean, c'mon, this is football... not tag.

I thought he was saying top 5 in the SEC. I caught that.

Yeah they kill me....I am in Cookeville and I have no choice...There is nothing else for me to listen to....I have tried to email and text them about it but of course they ignore it....Just have to deal with it though...

VN Store

Back