WANTED: Neyland Stadium Turf Plaque - 1993

I have also tried to find some turf. I have not had any luck, so I'm glad you started this. Maybe it will help. Thanks

man. My mom was at a yard sale and saw one. She bought it for 10 dollars not really knowing what it was. It was Orange and white part. The Husband walked out there right as she was about to leave and couldn't believe his wife sold it. He was mad (obviously) so she gave it back :mad:

Reactions: dduncan4163
man. My mom was at a yard sale and saw one. She bought it for 10 dollars not really knowing what it was. It was Orange and white part. The Husband walked out there right as she was about to leave and couldn't believe his wife sold it. He was mad (obviously) so she gave it back :mad:

10bucks. I believe my wife paid 100 back than

Man, that was close to divorce time. Your mom saved their marriage... :p

Reactions: dduncan4163
Not really on topic, but does anyone else have one of the ceramic copies of the Torchbearer statue? Somebody gave me one awhile back. Since I am not an alumni it does not mean much to me but I do generally like things from TN so I kept it around. BTW, I had one of the framed squares but I have no idea where it is now. Mine was just green. If I remember correctly, when they sold the framed squares the green ones were a whole lot less expensive than the endzone pieces.

I've got one of the larger pieces of turf that was painted to look like the field with the orange and white checkerboard endzones. I'm not sure of the dimensions but it's big. I had it framed in a real nice frame.

I have one of the Murray orange and white UT bicycles that is in mint condition. BTW I think they were made in Lawrenceburg, TN.

I also have a large, framed, signed and numbered Tom Crouse print called "Looking South".

I really am trying to find out a decent price for each of them.

In the last few weeks I've seen a piece of turf like mine listed on Craigslist Knoxville for $1,000. I'm thinking that's a little too high.

Someone else had a bike like mine on Cragslist and also was asking $1,000 for it.

I was thinking more in the $500 each range and maybe somewhere between $150-200 for the print.

Some feedback would be helpful. I just don't need any of this stuff (I've downsized houses) and I need to part with it.

Al in west Tennessee
Go Vols!

I have a framed turf that has the checkerboard endzones on it listed at Nashville Craigslist. Check it out.

I also have a UT Murray bicycle. It's not listed for sale anywhere but if someone is interested they should drop me a note.

I'm just north of Jackson, TN.

maybe i need to slice my orange and white one up into postage stamp size pieces and sell 'em for $100 apiece?

VN Store

Back