Five SEC assistants who will make a difference

I am amazed at the amount of comments saying Chavis is a better hire than Monte.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://nfledge.net/?tracker=3759"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://nfledge.net/?tracker=3759" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Chavis was a good hire at LSU, but Monte has the edge here.

Wait til 3rd down and see who post that Chavis is better than Monte.

I can't believe Coach O was not mentioned at all. I think he is one of the top D line coaches in college football.

Wait til 3rd down and see who post that Chavis is better than Monte.

I can't believe Coach O was not mentioned at all. I think he is one of the top D line coaches in college football.

and the fact he was a former head coach in the SEC and now comes here as our d-line coach says something too

I can't wait to play LSU in the mustang with their safeties 45 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Gus Malzahn, offensive coordinator, Auburn: When defensive coordinators become head coaches, they all look for the same thing when it comes time to pick their offensive coordinator.

“I look for a guy who runs the stuff I had trouble stopping,” said Auburn head coach Gene Chizik, who was the DC at Auburn and Texas before a two-year stint as Iowa State’s head coach.

He better have his defensive scheme set up with athletic players who can handle 3-and-outs from the Tiger Offense.

Chizik believes that some form of the spread offense is the way to go and that is why he hired Malzahn away from Tulsa.

Yea, the spread eagle worked so good at the Barn last year. :dance2: Please run it again this year Cheez-it.

He went to Arkansas with his prized recruit, quarterback Mitch Mustain, in 2006. Neither Malzahn nor Mustain were compatible with the Razorbacks’ run-oriented offense.

I thought Auburn fans considered the Barn Running Back U? Of course thats what they always say :crazy: But every one knows they are really Chop Block U.

Auburn, however, may not have a quarterback in the program who can run this offense the way it is intended. No starter has been named.

It doesn't matter that they dont have the QB to run the system. The offensive line was totally confused running the offense at the Barn last year. With a new coach coming in with a different variant of the spread eagle as Franklin had, 2009 looks to be a LONG season down on the Plains.

No matter, Toomers will still get rolled....

He better have his defensive scheme set up with athletic players who can handle 3-and-outs from the Tiger Offense.

Yea, the spread eagle worked so good at the Barn last year. :dance2: Please run it again this year Cheez-it.

I thought Auburn fans considered the Barn Running Back U? Of course thats what they always say :crazy: But every one knows they are really Chop Block U.

It doesn't matter that they dont have the QB to run the system. The offensive line was totally confused running the offense at the Barn last year. With a new coach coming in with a different variant of the spread eagle as Franklin had, 2009 looks to be a LONG season down on the Plains.

No matter, Toomers will still get rolled....

It looks like you don't know much about Malzahn.

It looks like you don't know much about Malzahn.

Is that all you got? C'mon Auburn has ALREADY tried to run the no huddle spread...and they were freakin terrible, HORRIBLE even :)

Yea I know who Malzahn is :thumbsup: Impressive high school coach and the Tulsa offense was explosive but look at who they played last year. What about that Trashing that Houston put on them.

Who doesn't run atleast a version of the no-hudde or the wildcat hogwild, wild rebel or Cheez-wild in this case. Auburn tried to run the same offense last year and well the stats speak for themselves.

Kodi Burns barely had 1,000 yards passing all QB's combined (3) was less than 2000. The leading rusher had 664 total yards and out of 11 players that rushed they only totaled 1650 yards. In comparison Glen Coffee had 1383.

Malzahn has an impressive resume, but he also had McFadden and Jones in the backfield at Arkansas. To think that he and Cheez-it will turn around that Auburn team this quick...it won't happen, next year maybe.

At best auburn will be a 6-7 team this year. Now if the players respond to the coaches and learn the system and remember the plays, then we will see.

I guess you didnt see any of Auburns highlights last year. Auburn just doesn't have the athletes to run that offense, if Cheez-it is there long enough he may recruit enough talent to effectively run the offense.

Is that all you got? C'mon Auburn has ALREADY tried to run the no huddle spread...and they were freakin terrible, HORRIBLE even :)

Yea I know who Malzahn is :thumbsup: Impressive high school coach and the Tulsa offense was explosive but look at who they played last year. What about that Trashing that Houston put on them.

Who doesn't run atleast a version of the no-hudde or the wildcat hogwild, wild rebel or Cheez-wild in this case. Auburn tried to run the same offense last year and well the stats speak for themselves.

Kodi Burns barely had 1,000 yards passing all QB's combined (3) was less than 2000. The leading rusher had 664 total yards and out of 11 players that rushed they only totaled 1650 yards. In comparison Glen Coffee had 1383.

Malzahn has an impressive resume, but he also had McFadden and Jones in the backfield at Arkansas. To think that he and Cheez-it will turn around that Auburn team this quick...it won't happen, next year maybe.

At best auburn will be a 6-7 team this year. Now if the players respond to the coaches and learn the system and remember the plays, then we will see.

I guess you didnt see any of Auburns highlights last year. Auburn just doesn't have the athletes to run that offense, if Cheez-it is there long enough he may recruit enough talent to effectively run the offense.

If you believe Auburn's offense from last season is what Malzahn is going to run, you need to do some reading or simply stop talking now.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If you believe Auburn's offense from last season is what Malzahn is going to run, you need to do some reading or simply stop talking now.

Comment: I totally agree with your post
Question: Does Auburn have the correct personnel for the true Malzahn offense?

It's pointless to try and make a rational argument when you have people who just want to argue and post stupid replies like above.

I NEVER SAID THAT IT WAS THE SAME OFFENSE.

Since you and VolNBama think so highly of Gus, are you going to root for him and the Tigers against your Viles? How many points is the vaunted Malzahn offense going to score on the Vol D, or should I say Eric Berry as he was the only bright spot on the defense.

Only bright spot on defense? We had the best defense in the SEC

It's pointless to try and make a rational argument when you have people who just want to argue and post stupid replies like above.

I NEVER SAID THAT IT WAS THE SAME OFFENSE.

Since you and VolNBama think so highly of Gus, are you going to root for him and the Tigers against your Viles? How many points is the vaunted Malzahn offense going to score on the Vol D, or should I say Eric Berry as he was the only bright spot on the defense.

You nimrod. You specifically stated that Auburn tried to run the same offense last year.

The piece about your rational argument sort of flies out the window after this sort of duplicity.

As to your commentary about our D vs Malzahn's offense: only thing rational I can think of is kiss my arse.

i love how chavis gets respect from our rivals now that he left tennessee for a non-rival school. funny how it works like that....

Comment: I totally agree with your post
Question: Does Auburn have the correct personnel for the true Malzahn offense?
They don't without a serious QB upgrade or improvement. He can do something similar to his year at Arky, but that's not what he wants to do.

I kind of agree that Chavis will have a bigger impact. That's is when you consider the year LSU had on defense last year. Everyone already knows UTs D was great last year. Monte will only add to a great D, Chavis will make a sub-par D great. If that's the way it plays out.

You nimrod. You specifically stated that Auburn tried to run the same offense last year.

The piece about your rational argument sort of flies out the window after this sort of duplicity.

As to your commentary about our D vs Malzahn's offense: only thing rational I can think of is kiss my arse.

Thats ok, when your running ol' Lame and Papa Smurf off Rocky Stop I will sit back and enjoy the meltdown of the Big Orange. Get real logical Vile fans know that TN is screwed this year. Florida will get it started in the Swamp, I bet they hang 50 on the Lame Train...:post-4-1090547912: and laugh at it too.

Then when the lil train that couldn't limps it's way to Tuscaloosa, I hope Saban runs the score up too. That will teach Jr to run that mouth.

I can't wait to see Trent Richardson stiff arm Eric Berry all the way to Birmingham. Then after D.J Fluker pancakes Berry a couple times, he will be beggin Lamey to take him out of the game.

Coleman should have stayed, but he saw a sinking ship and got off before it sunk. Good luck being the cellar dwellers of the East Division this year....again. :yahoo:

Thats ok, when your running ol' Lame and Papa Smurf off Rocky Stop I will sit back and enjoy the meltdown of the Big Orange. Get real logical Vile fans know that TN is screwed this year. Florida will get it started in the Swamp, I bet they hang 50 on the Lame Train...:post-4-1090547912: and laugh at it too.

Then when the lil train that couldn't limps it's way to Tuscaloosa, I hope Saban runs the score up too. That will teach Jr to run that mouth.

I can't wait to see Trent Richardson stiff arm Eric Berry all the way to Birmingham. Then after D.J Fluker pancakes Berry a couple times, he will be beggin Lamey to take him out of the game.

Coleman should have stayed, but he saw a sinking ship and got off before it sunk. Good luck being the cellar dwellers of the East Division this year....again. :yahoo:

How strongly you feelin' that 50 point bet on UF v UT? I'm willing to support your betting habit by underwriting the don't.

You know and everyone else does, Urban is that kinda Coach, he will make an example out of Kiffin. Who knows it might be like that whipping Houston put on the Great Gus's Golden Hurricanes, freakin Houston.

Anyway back to the Smackdown in the Swamp. I say they pull tebow at halftime and put Brantley in to finish the game. I say the final will be 63-13. TN scores a td and kicks two field goals in the 4th.

You know and everyone else does, Urban is that kinda Coach, he will make an example out of Kiffin. Who knows it might be like that whipping Houston put on the Great Gus's Golden Hurricanes, freakin Houston.

Anyway back to the Smackdown in the Swamp. I say they pull tebow at halftime and put Brantley in to finish the game. I say the final will be 63-13. TN scores a td and kicks two field goals in the 4th.

Are you a Gator fan?

I'm willing to give you the opportunity to take advantage (or not) of your football acumen. Let me know.

VN Store

Back