Big Name/Big Splash Coach Thread (merged)

So is he alluding to the fact his source knows who it is, or does his source just think it will be a big hire? You all are right, not a very informative article.

the only way i could accept leach as our coach is if he brought in the best defensive coordinator available in the country. And i dont think he has the connections or the name to pull that off. the big 12 has become the pac 10, all offense no defense. i could live with leachs offense as long as it comes with a top tier sec defense.

So is he alluding to the fact his source knows who it is, or does his source just think it will be a big hire? You all are right, not a very informative article.

Maybe his "source" is our source from the UT Plane thread... Which is probably a fake source. :birgits_giggle:

Oh, I love this game....................

the only way i could accept leach as our coach is if he brought in the best defensive coordinator available in the country. And i dont think he has the connections or the name to pull that off. the big 12 has become the pac 10, all offense no defense. i could live with leachs offense as long as it comes with a top tier sec defense.

Hopefully he brings a good recruiting coordinator in as well. Recruiting in the Top 25 only one or twice in 8 years will not cut it in the SEC.

It's great that we have freedom of press in the US and that the media has used it so well to keep us informed on all the details of this search.

Dennis Dud is reporting that he calls Chris Mortensen for advice on how to sell an article with no information in it.

Hopefully he brings a good recruiting coordinator in as well. Recruiting in the Top 25 only one or twice in 8 years will not cut it in the SEC.

If TTU goes to the NC game and defeats the SEC representative will you still feel this way?

If TTU goes to the NC game and defeats the SEC representative will you still feel this way?

Yes. He has to recruit better than that in the SEC on a yearly basis. He can not compete year to year with Saban, Meyer and others in the SEC when they are in the top 5 recruiting every year. A team can get up for a big game occasionally, but he will have to bring it every week at UT.

Yes. He has to recruit better than that in the SEC on a yearly basis. He can not compete year to year with Saban, Meyer and others in the SEC when they are in the top 5 recruiting every year. A team can get up for a big game occasionally, but he will have to bring it every week at UT.

Agreed. But if he can win at UT like he has at TTU the recruits will come. He already proved his offense would work well in the SEC when he was OC at Kentucky. No matter who UT hires they will never be able to keep pace with UF in recruiting because of the lack of instate talent. UF and UA have a decided advantage when it comes to that. That's why they need a coach that can develop who they can get. Win and they will come.

This is about as good of information as every thread on this forums saying they are going to hire "BLAH BLAH BLAH" as the head coach.

If Mike Leach is all that Hamilton can come up with, he is definitely not the man to be the AD any longer.

VN Store

Back