Bruce Pearl on Arizona List?

rbroyles

On ESPN, their on-campus reporter gave a list of potential replacements for Lute Olson. High on the list is Bruce Pearl. What are the chances CBP would consider the job if offered? I think not too likely.

If they offer him a lot more money, he will consider it. Which they will if they offer him the job.

All the more reason he should make more then Fulmer and Pat Summit.

Last edited:
We have more money than Arizona could ever have...Bruce has built his kingdom in Knoxville...he isn't going anywhere.

Guess we're going to have to do this every time a coach steps down or is fired...I felt that there was more chance Bruce would have taken the Indiana job than there is that he would take the Arizona job...no ties, no recruiting base, would be a tough sell to the fans as well.

If they offer him a lot more money, he will consider it. Which they will if they offer him the job.

All the more reason he should make more then Fulmer and Pat Summit.

I have no problems with him making more than fulmer. IMO fulmer doesnt deserve what he is making now.
Pat summit though is another story. She has more wins than any other basketball coach mens or womens. Her teams win and often win big. I do realize that mens basketball brings in more revenue than womens so pearl will likely get paid more. However if we are just talking about who deserves it thats different.

I have no problems with him making more than fulmer. IMO fulmer doesnt deserve what he is making now.
Pat summit though is another story. She has more wins than any other basketball coach mens or womens. Her teams win and often win big. I do realize that mens basketball brings in more revenue than womens so pearl will likely get paid more. However if we are just talking about who deserves it thats different.

IMO the market should drive coaches salaries. There are schools that will pay Pearl more then what he makes now at Tennessee, there aren't any that will pay Coach Summit what Tennessee pays her IMO.

From what I've read, women's BB doesn't make money for the Athletic Department. It's partly funded by the men's BB and FB programs.

Pearl isn't going anywhere. He loves UT and the only place we have to worry about him going is BC.

I just hope we never get to the point we are at with Fulmer with Pearl. He is starting to set the standards higher and higher in basketball and like we always do as Vol fans we start to expect it rather than respect it.

Pearl isn't going anywhere. He loves UT and the only place we have to worry about him going is BC.

I just hope we never get to the point we are at with Fulmer with Pearl. He is starting to set the standards higher and higher in basketball and like we always do as Vol fans we start to expect it rather than respect it.
You never know..we all might get tired of making it to the sweet sixteen and losing.Lets just hope it never gets to that point.

Lets hope to the high heavens that he doesn't leave. Then what would we have to look forward to? That is the only thing getting us through this dreadful football season right now. Well that and the hope of the departure of Phil Fulmer

IMO the market should drive coaches salaries. There are schools that will pay Pearl more then what he makes now at Tennessee, there aren't any that will pay Coach Summit what Tennessee pays her IMO.

From what I've read, women's BB doesn't make money for the Athletic Department. It's partly funded by the men's BB and FB programs.

You might be right. However I think there would be a number of shcools that would be all over summit if she decided to leave UT. From just a coaching standpoint she is an amazing coach.
I do know its all business and thats why fulmer gets paid what he does. Football brings in more money than basketball.
Just talking about who deserves it more (the wins and losses) Pat sumitt does.

You never know..we all might get tired of making it to the sweet sixteen and losing.Lets just hope it never gets to that point.

I think Pearl will improve. It might take some time but I think it will happen. If it somehow doesnt or gets worse there will start to be heat on him just like there is on fulmer.

I think Pearl will improve. It might take some time but I think it will happen. If it somehow doesnt or gets worse there will start to be heat on him just like there is on fulmer.
Let's just hope he gets us into the final four in the next few years.

I think that if Bruce makes the final four with a team, he could be gone very quick order. He has said that he came here to do a job and won't leave until it is done...but I'm not sure how often he has said what that job explicitly is. Elite 8, Final 4, Championship? I don't think that it is a championship...but we'll see I guess...I don't think that he will be here for years and years....so we better enjoy the ones we have with him.

No offense but Pearl will leave when it benefits Pearl. Arizona is a possibility, but I don't think so at this late date. It is close enough to west coast and I have always felt Pearl would be enticed by a good job on either coast where the lights are a little brighter and the money a little more. USC, possibly Cal...now that would get him thinking west coast.

As to the east BC and a host of other schools in the NYC/Boston areas.

Having lived in Tucson for several several years and Tennessee, I would take the weather and women in Tennessee over Arizona. :twocents:

VN Store

Back