Dave clawson must go!!!!!

VOLUNTEERSnTITANS

Seriously,i have a feeling it is the coordinator,u cant bring a division 3 or 4 college coach from richmond to coach the sec conference.

Richmond is a D-1 FCS school, not a Div 3 school. And Div 4 doesn't exist.

Being hasty in firing Clawson would gain us nothing. He's been handcuffed by lousy o-line play and QB play. No need to jump the gun quite yet.

It's not his fault. Sure there is going to be adjustments from Richmond to the SEC, but the players and the head man have a lot to do it with it. He's a good coach, he should not be the scapegoat here.

Seriously,i have a feeling it is the coordinator,u cant bring a division 3 or 4 college coach from richmond to coach the sec conference.

Right, because that explains fumbles, interceptions, defensive penalties that sustain opponent’s drives, blocked punts, kickoff returns for TD's or big yards.

The problem is much bigger than the OC.

This is the most absurd topic I have ever seen on VN. Absolutely ridiculous. Can't believe I justified it with a reply.

This is up there with the absurdity of the last poster claiming to be a vol/titan fan. Absolutely asinine. We should check for an alter-ego here.

Great idea. Fire Clawson and buy Fulmer more time. When we have yet another OC next year, and look inept yet again, it will be the same old sh*%, 38th verse.

Your feeling. It's backed up by nothing. We've probably installed 1/4 of the offense. The QB play has been terrible. A head coach from Richmond is about as prestigious as a head coach from oh....Utah. It doesn't matter where you're from if you can coach. He's put about as many people in the NFL as anyone else his age.

Division 4 doesn't exist.

If you can bring a guy from Utah to be the head coach at Florida, a guy from Richmond can be an OC.

By that logic, Bruce Pearl is vastly overmatched at UT, and Coach Cal wouldn't hack it anywhere else because he just coaches in CUSA

I heard tommy tuberville wants to hire clawson! Anything is better than the AU offense that totally sucks.

In all seriousness, and with no intent to insult the poster (although it probably will), it is posts like this that make me wonder if VN needs an "Entrance Exam" on football knowledge prior to allowing posts.

It's posts like this that make lawgator1 seem like a breath of fresh air.

(another addition to the ignore list)

go vls.

Great idea. Fire Clawson and buy Fulmer more time. When we have yet another OC next year, and look inept yet again, it will be the same old sh*%, 38th verse.

If we fired Clawson what decent OC would want to work for Fulmer? Who would want to be a sacrifice to save his job.

Yes, can the guy that's been there for 5 games and blame it all on him, but let the guy that's underachieved for a good while now stay.

Jim Rome said something along the lines of this when refering to auburn and franklin, "you cant expect to input a new offense and score points like oklahoma within 6 games.

I think Jim would say the samething about clawson and tennessee.

dave clawson does need to go... go to a team where he can call the plays and play the players he wants in the game.

This is rediculous, i'm from Virginia and i've seen him run his offense at richmond, its alot like what rich roqriguez is going through at michigan, he doesnt quite have the type of personnel on the field to master that type of offense, he runs a high flying, (can't really call it a spread but its similar) hit you with aalot of different looks to keep the D off balance, he's still limited by the recruits a different system has brought in. Also, given only a summer to learn this offense the team hasn't gotten very deep into his playbook, things will improve over the couse of the season as the paybook gets expanded (assuming the players can preform, theres no substitute for consistency) and the palyers get more comfotable with this style and he's able to get the players he knows are the type that can excel in this style. He's probably also limited by fulmer's want to keep some of the old offense in as that is what he's run for over a decade and that forces the players to effectivly run two playbooks. give him a little more time and patience to get this going at fulmer will allow him to branch out with his own style on O, I've seen him before and he can coach, no doubt about that with what he did with a once horrible richmond program.

How many offensive coordinators must come and go before people like you realize what the majority of us have realized long ago: IT'S NOT THE COORDINATOR!!!!

Yes, someone must go. That someone is Philip Fulmer. If Clawson is a problem as you suggest, then Fulmer must take responsibility for making a bad hire.

Fulmer has to go, end of story.

Either way I think Clawson's gone
Fulmer can use him as a scapegoat (and I believe it's deserved), unless we have a better showing the rest of the year. I'd love to see a few big wins GA, Bama, SC, KY, Vandy but just as importatnt is to see improved execution and scoring
or if Fulmer's gone
What coach would come and say, I think I'll keep the "OC" that has the 103rd ranked scoring offense on my staff

A new head coach, is probably going to bring in a new staff as well

Again, lets place blame where blame is due here. Offensively, what is different this year from last? Not much, except QB. Not trying to put all the blame on JC, but lets face it. Eric Ainge would have us at least 4-1 right now. And we all know that CPF is calling all the shots. Clawson shouldnt be a scapegoat. I hope he stays around when we make a change.

Clawson should not be fired at least not yet. Its not like we won the NC last year and now all of the sudden we suck. Clawson should be allowed to have time to fix the problems on offense. We dont need another scapegoat. Unless phil can miraculously run the table and win the rest of the games (including the bowl game) he needs to be shown the door.

Clawson should not be fired at least not yet. Its not like we won the NC last year and now all of the sudden we suck. Clawson should be allowed to have time to fix the problems on offense. We dont need another scapegoat. Unless phil can miraculously run the table and win the rest of the games (including the bowl game) he needs to be shown the door.

We did average about 33 points a game last year and it's 18 a game this year

so we had a significant drop off
33 points a game this year and we would be undefeated

VN Store

Back