Is anyone having board issues recently?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
A couple of people have posted in the help forum about not being able to access the site at times. Is anyone else having any issues with the forum?

:hi:
Thanks

Very minor ones. Clicking on a new thread...sometimes it "times out" and nothing ever appears. It has been seldom and not that hard to work around. Was not sure if it was the board or my connection.

Very minor ones. Clicking on a new thread...sometimes it "times out" and nothing ever appears. It has been seldom and not that hard to work around. Was not sure if it was the board or my connection.

Do you see anything on your screen like a blank page or does it just stay on the previous screen and nothing happens at all until it times out?

Actually it just goes to an all orange screen as it normally does when transferring from one page to another. Except, it will just stay on the orange screen and there is no bar at the bottom that shows the new page is loading in...as it normally would.

Actually it just goes to an all orange screen as it normally does when transferring from one page to another. Except, it will just stay on the orange screen and there is no bar at the bottom that shows the new page is loading in...as it normally would.

I've noticed that too. There were times this morning that would happen when I was trying to get in. It was taking an extremely long time to load as well.

I noticed everytime I open a thread there usually is some uncomprehendable jibberish throughout. Usually in NEW COACH's posts.

And Hotrodpinto's.

Allvol, are you using internet explorer? That seems to happen sometimes in IE. I suggest trying firefox. I'm hoping the board updates that are coming soon will help resolve the issues.

Allvol, are you using internet explorer? That seems to happen sometimes in IE. I suggest trying firefox. I'm hoping the board updates that are coming soon will help resolve the issues.

Yes, I use IE. It really has been sporadic and not a big deal. Thanks.

Freak is it worth buying a more expensive eithernet cable or do they all work the same?

Freak is it worth buying a more expensive eithernet cable or do they all work the same?

Way to stay on topic Fine. :banghead2:

:)

To answer you question, it's been my experience that they all work the same.

Way to stay on topic Fine. :banghead2:

:)

To answer you question, it's been my experience that they all work the same.
ah I would say the board was giving me a little trouble for about 20 min. this morning. The screen would turn white and not fully load but its been good for the rest of the time. :yes:

not again...

hdmi.jpg

This depends on what you are doing. General web surfing, email, etc you won't notice a difference between CAT-5, CAT-5E and CAT-6. However, if you do large file transfers, CAT-6 will be a big difference. Provided of course your infrastructure can also handle the throughput. Your speeds will only be as fast as the slowest link.

But back on topic, I have had the orange screens a little here at work and have had to hit the back button twicw to get it to go back to the previous page. We HAVE to use IE6 here. :fool:

Thanks superdave. What could be the possible speed difference between CAT-5 and CAT-6?

As for the orange screens, do you guys see this from time to time or did it just start today? I know we had this issue once before.

For me, it started yesterday. My experience is exactly like what has been described. I get click on a thread link, and get an orange screen. If I wait long enough and open a tab to look at something else, it eventually loads. But it can take a good few minutes.

EDIT: and let me add that it is intermittent. Right now it is fine, but a few hours ago it was doing it repeatedly, for example.

For me, it started yesterday. My experience is exactly like what has been described. I get click on a thread link, and get an orange screen. If I wait long enough and open a tab to look at something else, it eventually loads. But it can take a good few minutes.

EDIT: and let me add that it is intermittent. Right now it is fine, but a few hours ago it was doing it repeatedly, for example.

Thanks for the input IPorange. It might be quicker to click stop and reload the page versus waiting but I am looking into the issue.

Thanks superdave. What could be the possible speed difference between CAT-5 and CAT-6?

As for the orange screens, do you guys see this from time to time or did it just start today? I know we had this issue once before.

The blank orange screens started for me when you changed things up last year. Sometimes it lasts for just a couple of seconds, more often for about 5-6 seconds, and very rarely just freezes there.

I kinda got used to it.

VN Store

Back