Cody Ayers-Walk on Punter

Vol4LifeLCA

These Colors Don't Run
I realize big deal a walk-on punter but it sounds like he is a beast and just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything about this guy.

I don't think I have ever heard a punter referred to as a "beast" before.

Just to clarify, does he kick really well or is he unusually large and imposing for a punter?

I don't think I have ever heard a punter referred to as a "beast" before.

Just to clarify, does he kick really well or is he unusually large and imposing for a punter?
He has Hillary Clinton cankles so he kicks like a mule!

Ayers, 6-foot-1, 227 pounds, is a two-time, first-team All-Timeslander punter and was a first-team All-Group AA selection as a sophomore, according to the Times report.

His coach, Tom Hale, told the newspaper that Ayers can bench press 340 pounds and squat 400.

Ayers, 6-foot-1, 227 pounds, is a two-time, first-team All-Timeslander punter and was a first-team All-Group AA selection as a sophomore, according to the Times report.

His coach, Tom Hale, told the newspaper that Ayers can bench press 340 pounds and squat 400.

Looks like this kid has great a body to run the fake punt.

I am a football official in SW VA and have had a couple of his games in the past, but not this past season. The kid can kick. His brother was a very good field goal kicker who plays for NAIA UVA-Wise. Rumor was this kid kicked a 75 yard punt in one game, but I don't know if that is true or not, and how much may have been on a roll. I would say it could be very possible with him focusing on his punting to average clearly above 40 yds per punt at UT. I will be pulling for the young man, I know that.

I am a football official in SW VA and have had a couple of his games in the past, but not this past season. The kid can kick. His brother was a very good field goal kicker who plays for NAIA UVA-Wise. Rumor was this kid kicked a 75 yard punt in one game, but I don't know if that is true or not, and how much may have been on a roll. I would say it could be very possible with him focusing on his punting to average clearly above 40 yds per punt at UT. I will be pulling for the young man, I know that.

Thanks. Post more man.

Well, one positive to that utvolpj was that his team required him to angle a lot of kicks this year apparently, so maybe he can pin a guy to the sidelines.

we all know britton did a great job of that against cal last year... on another note, what the hell was he thinking punting to one of the best returners in the nation? was that an ego thing? good call...

Reminds me of this guy :ermm:

TimTebow.jpg

we all know britton did a great job of that against cal last year... on another note, what the hell was he thinking punting to one of the best returners in the nation? was that an ego thing? good call...

Yeah, because it is the punter's job to make sure the return guy doesn't break through the putrid coverage.

Good stuff. I hope he learns a bunch this next year while he red shirts so he can really make a big difference when he gets his shot. Sounds like a good move. Welcome Ayers! :hi:
GO VOLS!!!!

I think it is funny that CPF lets recruits hold the NC trophy

:whistling:

Me too. For some reason that just puts a funny image in my head.

I can see Fulmer now with Ayers sitting in the van..

"Son, we need you to work like heck so we can win another one of these dad gum things"

are we really "disappointed" in a walk-on kicker's squat max???

Sort of, since as a kicker/punter, his legs should be much stronger.

But more disconcerting to me is that his squat numbers are so low for ANYONE.

Hell, I'm 110 lbs and could never play football on any level and I can squat close to 400. I can't bench anywhere near 340.

Squats are much easier than bench press because your legs are obviously stronger.

It just seems odd that it would be 340/400. That would be an odd number for anyone, punter or otherwise, football player or not (Although if it was a non-football player, one could probably explain it by reasoning that the person focuses solely on working out their upper body and completely neglects their lower body but I find that odd from afootball player)

VN Store

Back