Vol uniform/helmet design discussion (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangeguy

http://picjoint.com//file
would look really cool:rock:like what Georgia did today. someone photo shop it.

Maybe it could work as a trim color similar to what miami does. I'd rather they work in a color like tungsten.

i thought the black jersey was only reserved for non season topics? can't we just let this die? no no and no to any black jersey idea

Reactions: 2 people
Ive always wanted them to do a black jersey with orange numbers and white trim

i think our basketball team did something like this one time...called them "halloween uniforms"

I think it would be cool to do v south carolina one year since we always seem to play them near halloween

Where in heck did all this black stuff come from, anyway? UT's colors are Orange and White. Look back at footage from the '70s and '80s, before they started sticking black in it; that was the true way. I don't even like the idea of the black seats in the arena, even if it's cool-looking.

Get rid of the black, at least in the uniforms. And the turqoise in the Lady Vols stuff, too. That's even worse. :shakehead:

sooo sorry man! didnt know it had been covered. just thought it would look cool and still do.

no big deal. But yeah, it's been covered numerous times. You could probably do a search and find several photoshopped versions. Including a black helmet with orange T. either way, i'm against it COMPLETELY.

Where in heck did all this black stuff come from, anyway? UT's colors are Orange and White. Look back at footage from the '70s and '80s, before they started sticking black in it; that was the true way. I don't even like the idea of the black seats in the arena, even if it's cool-looking.

Get rid of the black, at least in the uniforms. And the turqoise in the Lady Vols stuff, too. That's even worse. :shakehead:

I like the black in the unis. I don't care about what the unis looked like back in the 40's. Football is about change and I like a change-up every now and then. Georgia's black jerseys would have looked better with red pants IMO. I will try to photoshop some different looks and see what you guys think.

I like the black in the unis. I don't care about what the unis looked like back in the 40's. Football is about change and I like a change-up every now and then. Georgia's black jerseys would have looked better with red pants IMO. I will try to photoshop some different looks and see what you guys think.

:thumbsup:

I'm not against changing it up but why use a color that's not even UT's? We might as well make them red or blue while we're at it.

Black is now a part of our color scheme, get used to it.

We use it as trim on away jerseys, the new seats at TBA are black and the Bball Vols have a black jersey in the arsenal that WILL be worn at some point this season.

If it's acceptable for the Lady Vols to add the baby blue, then it shouldn't be a big deal that we add black. Well, rephrase that, it ISN'T a big deal, b/c it's already happened.

Black is now a part of our color scheme, get used to it.

We use it as trim on away jerseys, the new seats at TBA are black and the Bball Vols have a black jersey in the arsenal that WILL be worn at some point this season.

If it's acceptable for the Lady Vols to add the baby blue, then it shouldn't be a big deal that we add black. Well, rephrase that, it ISN'T a big deal, b/c it's already happened.

A trim color is not a primary color. When they change that to the Big Orange and Black.

Black seats at the arena make sense because it is used (and will be used more...) for events other than UT sports. Some people thought the orange kind of looked tacky when out of context.

Using black as a PRIMARY uniform color is senseless unless we make it an official university color. Then we can call ourselves the Oklahoma State Cowboys. I despise trendy uniforms. There is a story behind the 3rd color for the Lady Vols. It wasn't for fashion.

Didn't we "adopt" the black trim on the away football jerseys because the refs complained about not being able to read the jersey? I'm 99% sure that's what happened. We didn't go black trim because we wanted to.

Black seats at the arena make sense because it is used (and will be used more...) for events other than UT sports. Some people thought the orange kind of looked tacky when out of context.

Using black as a PRIMARY uniform color is senseless unless we make it an official university color. Then we can call ourselves the Oklahoma State Cowboys. I despise trendy uniforms. There is a story behind the 3rd color for the Lady Vols. It wasn't for fashion.

I don't think that they want a primary black jersey forever, just as an alternate on a special occasion

Tennessee just isn't cool enough to wear Orange and Black. Only Milligan College is.
Athlogo.png

I don't think that they want a primary black jersey forever, just as an alternate on a special occasion

exactly! I think the baby blue like the chargers wear would be cool as well, on a special occasion. :) just kiddin about second statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back