1998 National Championship ring on Ebay (merged)

i dont understand... why would you get rid of something like this...
If i had the money I'd buy it and give it back to him for an autograph or something...
:mega_shok::mega_shok::mega_shok:

Reactions: feathersax
If it was the most valuable thing you owned and you were desperate for cash . . . I actually can't believe that it doesn't happen more often.

I pray that I never fall on times so hard that I would even consider selling something like that. Even though I don't own anything nearly that valuable that I'm aware of. Very sad indeed

Reactions: feathersax
be interesting to see what it actually sells for

doubt it goes for 4000+

it will expire, and it will be back up in a week

wonder if they would take my depreciating beach condo in trade? The ring's definitely worth more...:)

He is a River Dale product and was part of the 95 signig class. Played as a tight end and got liitle playing time. Based on stats he got 2 catches against Southern Miss in 97.

Here is more info from a Geocity site previewing the 98 season.

Antron Peebles: Senior, 6-3 247, Murfreesboro. Peebles, a coverted DE/LB, was moved to TE last season when Billy Beron went down. Antron showed the ability to be a receiving threat, catching two passes for 31 yards against South Carolina when the Vols moved to a grinding, ball-control offense. Peebles sprang free about 30 yards downfield against Auburn in the SEC Title game, but Manning's pass was overthrown. Peebles suffered a foot injury in the Orange Bowl that limited him for spring drills. Heading into fall, Antron still looks like the most athletic and mobile Vol TE and is probably the best bet to catch some passes from the TE position in 1998.

Well he didnt deserve the ring thats why hes selling it .....He didnt contribute heck they should have given me a ring for sitting on the couch that year watching lololol!!

This is actually fairly common with guys who aren't playing any more, and usually it has nothing to do with money. Normally it just comes down to either not having a place to store it or realizing that the memories and other tangible things are more important than a ring that, quite honestly, can't even be worn out in public.

This is actually fairly common with guys who aren't playing any more, and usually it has nothing to do with money. Normally it just comes down to either not having a place to store it or realizing that the memories and other tangible things are more important than a ring that, quite honestly, can't even be worn out in public.[/quote]

Why not?
:blink:

looks like it's not even Peebles selling it. whoever is selling it must have bought it from him.

just what i gather.

looks like it's not even Peebles selling it. whoever is selling it must have bought it from him.

just what i gather.

So how much does Peeble sold it to the seller on ebay? (take the seller's profit and the commission to ebay into account)

Conclusion: Peeble is pathetic.

He played on the team and deserved the ring just as the starters. It's a team sport, everyone contributes in someway, even practice squad.

I heard D.D. Lewis of the Cowboys speak at a conference, D.D. had 4 or 5 superbowl rings that he sold during very desperate times. Luckily a friend bought the rings and saved them for him. Huge rings, but very impressive.

Reactions: TN_Transplant
i would buy that frickin' ring in a NY minute if i had the cash! and i would definately wear it. i would also sell it if it meant making rent. that is life genimen.

He played on the team and deserved the ring just as the starters. It's a team sport, everyone contributes in someway, even practice squad.

I heard D.D. Lewis of the Cowboys speak at a conference, D.D. had 4 or 5 superbowl rings that he sold during very desperate times. Luckily a friend bought the rings and saved them for him. Huge rings, but very impressive.

Most of the time even people in the athletic dept, trainers, etc get awarded rings too.

As for DD Lewis, the Cowboys went to five SB's in the 70's but only won 2, so some of thos rings were for being runner up. I definitely wouldn't sell a SB championship ring though, but apparently he did that too.

VN Store

Back