Mark Richt Press Conference

SCSmokey

Whether you like UGA or not (I don't), Mark Richt is classy. I'm watching his press conference as we speak. Breath of fresh air. He doesn't avoid questions or get defensive.

One thing he said which made me laugh: "As always, Tennessee has fantastic special teams." :birgits_giggle:

Fulmer gives the most boring press conferences in the SEC. It's an hour of coach speak and vanilla.

Fulmer gives the most boring press conferences in the SEC. It's an hour of coach speak and vanilla.

I know....I try and watch his press confrences but it puts me to sleep.......He Says the same ol Crap every time! I can almost predict what he will say next, its kind of funny!

Whether you like UGA or not (I don't), Mark Richt is classy. I'm watching his press conference as we speak. Breath of fresh air. He doesn't avoid questions or get defensive.

One thing he said which made me laugh: "As always, Tennessee has fantastic special teams." :birgits_giggle:

Of course Richt is going to say that after we blocked that punt for a TD last year. Is that the only good ST play we've had in the last decade?

He's probably referring to our kicker and punter, not so much all the other crap that we give up.

I'm sure he had a hard time fighting off his angry fans about how terrible he is considering he's 1-4 in his last 5 games against the SEC East. Meanwhile, Fulmer is 4-1 in that time span. I wonder how he sleeps at night. LOL

But I agree, Richt has always appeared to show a good amount of class and is a very fine coach.

Contrast to Fulmer's style . . . now watching UT press conference. Fulmer still says our punt coverage isn't that poor, as a clip should've been called on D. Jackson's punt return. Makes us feel better, Coach.

I'm sure he had a hard time fighting off his angry fans about how terrible he is considering he's 1-4 in his last 5 games against the SEC East. Meanwhile, Fulmer is 4-1 in that time span. I wonder how he sleeps at night. LOL

But I agree, Richt has always appeared to show a good amount of class and is a very fine coach.

Actually UGA is 0-5 in their last 5 vs the SECe.

Do you think GA would trade coaches with UT if they had the opportunity? Would UT?

That should answer the question about who is the better coach.

Contrast to Fulmer's style . . . now watching UT press conference. Fulmer still says our punt coverage isn't that poor, as a clip should've been called on D. Jackson's punt return. Makes us feel better, Coach.
All Fulmer is good for is excuse making. Really, his excuses aren't even very good anymore but it somehow manages to be just enough to keep the sheeple pacified.

Miller Lite should do a commercial spoof of one of Phil's press conferences :eek:lol:

Listen to Richt for 8 more years - I'm sure he'll start sounding vanilla with a lot of coach speak. The longer you do it, the more you start repeating yourself.

I wonder how many sports journalists just skip Phil's pressers and just change a few adjectives and the team names each week?

"They are a very good football team" They give you different looks" are the ones I hear all the time.

"Its division one football,....you get two weeks at christmas and thats it. and we're a little bummed out because we dont get off.....?...thats probablly more than you guys get.....go play intramurals brotha!"

i love that one.

VN Store

Back