Following his suspension last week, Ryan Thaxton has been dismissed from the team

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Ryan Thaxton has been dismissed from the Tennessee football team, according to a team spokesman for the Vols.

The redshirt freshman linebacker from Alexandria, Va., was arrested on July 15 and charged with domestic assault and false imprisonment, according to local court records.

Thaxton was suspended indefinitely following the incident as the law enforcement and university investigations continued.
Patrick Brown.

Reactions: 5 people
Its the right call but I also think CJP sees a good opportunity to draw the line in the sand so the rest of the team and incoming players "get religion"

Reactions: 13 people
One would think that they would wait to dismiss him pending results of the investigation. Unless something else happened we are unaware of.

Reactions: 1 person
Or unless he completely admitted to doing it to the coaches. Just wish Lawless could have hung around if schollie number was the reason he left. Now we he have to give him....

Or unless he completely admitted to doing it to the coaches. Just wish Lawless could have hung around if schollie number was the reason he left. Now we he have to give him....

I have a sneaky suspicion there is more to the Lawless situation than is being released.

Reactions: 8 people
One would think that they would wait to dismiss him pending results of the investigation. Unless something else happened we are unaware of.

Fingers in the RF says there’s a video that shows everything.

I like it. Zero tolerance. Hate it for the kid, but hopefully he and everyone else will learn from this to watch carefully their decisions.

Reactions: 6 people
Fingers in the RF says there’s a video that shows everything.

I suspected there was enough evidence to act in advance of any legal proceedings, but if there's a video, then sounds like that is definitely the case.

I suspected there was enough evidence to act in advance of any legal proceedings, but if there's a video, then sounds like that is definitely the case.

Sounds that way.

Pruitt did all I've ever asked; Wait on the evidence, take the appropriate action accordingly.

The evidence just happened to be there quickly in this case.

Quite obvious that Lawless academic problems are enough that UT won't admit him thus the release. RTI said there was enough evidence on Thaxton to prove his guilt and so he is gone. We move on.

Reactions: 3 people
Did the right thing, suspended at first until unquestionable evidence of guilt came out. Good to see Pruitt is drawing a line in the sand and proving to the players actions have consequences

Thats a tough penalty for a very stupid action but those are the times we live in. I hope the young man learns for it and has the opportunity to go somewhere else to get his education and maybe play football.

Playing football in college is not a right, its a priviledge to have so many opportunities to improve yourself, the finest of facilities, coaching, medical and nutrition help in addition to support to earn your degree. It takes a real dumbass NOT be able to graduate today.

Patrick Brown.

There will be room for another scholarship for next seasons recruiting season now
Maybe it is just best to not even have a girlfriend while in college
Think back and recall all of the players dismissed from our team due to situations involving females
Go to college for academics and football. If you wait until you are out of college and are 22 years old and you live to be 72 years old then you will have 50 years to be with females but you only have 4 years of college football

There will be room for another scholarship for next seasons recruiting season now
Maybe it is just best to not even have a girlfriend while in college
Think back and recall all of the players dismissed from our team due to situations involving females
Go to college for academics and football. If you wait until you are out of college and are 22 years old and you live to be 72 years old then you will have 50 years to be with females but you only have 4 years of college football

It won’t affect the size of the class. We have 22 spots.

Thats a tough penalty for a very stupid action but those are the times we live in. I hope the young man learns for it and has the opportunity to go somewhere else to get his education and maybe play football.

Playing football in college is not a right, its a priviledge to have so many opportunities to improve yourself, the finest of facilities, coaching, medical and nutrition help in addition to support to earn your degree. It takes a real dumbass NOT be able to graduate today.

Some people are raised in an environment in which academics is not a premium. So the attitudes of some are to play in the NFL and not think twice about a degree. So some people could care less about graduating except to please their mother by getting a degree

It won’t affect the size of the class. We have 22 spots.

The worse time to have a slip up is when a new coach is hired. They want to make a statement about discipline immediately and usually any slip,up will get you dismissed from the team

Some people are raised in an environment in which academics is not a premium. So the attitudes of some are to play in the NFL and not think twice about a degree. So some people could care less about graduating except to please their mother by getting a degree

Then they breeze thru school get a contract and then a clip to the back of the leg and theyre done for life. No schooling, no job skills.. then they stay at home with mom forever. #1 priority at college is to get a degree. Sports is secondary.:thumbsup:

VN Store

Back