Remembering what a healthy JJ brings!

He brings a lot to a group that really needs physicality, drive to be great, hating to lose, and never settling. He is what I want to see all over the field. They all play like he does, we will have a nice surprise this season.

Reactions: 9 people
HeÂ’s a fierce competitor. Glad to have him back and ready to roll this year.

Reactions: 8 people
UT is solid at WR with his return. He and Callaway are both able to go up and get the ball. Both have good speed and can make plays running with the ball after the catch. They will certainly give teams something to think about this fall.

Reactions: 9 people
Solid WR depth with talent and no quality QB's to throw to them. Shame.

JJ is a bonafide tough guy. Somebody needs to do a similar video on what he does to defenders when he is blocking. He literally mugs smaller defensive guys and decleats +300 lb DLs. Just ask Georgia's Tre Thompson who got caught on the blindside by JJ. Perhaps goes down in history as one of the top 4 hits a VOL on either side of the ball ever laid. I predict due to his toughness he will thrive under Pruitt.

Reactions: 13 people
Hes going to get a few personal fouls called on him... and that's okay sometimes. We need toughness in the worst way right now.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee's receivers are really good. One of the reasons I am optimistic that all the chatter about how bad we will be is a bit over done.

Reactions: 8 people
JJ is a bonafide tough guy. Somebody needs to do a similar video on what he does to defenders when he is blocking. He literally mugs smaller defensive guys and decleats +300 lb DLs. Just ask Georgia's Tre Thompson who got caught on the blindside by JJ. Perhaps goes down in history as one of the top 4 hits a VOL on either side of the ball ever laid. I predict due to his toughness he will thrive under Pruitt.

Reminds me of Hines Ward with his love of blocking and decleating folks

Reactions: 3 people
Watching that video (thanks for it!), I realized: that combination of physicality and eye-popping go-up-and-get-it ability we get from Jauan, that's what I think we all expected of Marquez North. He had the size, speed, and athleticism to be exactly that kind of receiver.

Marquez never got back to that after his freshman year...thank the sprites of Volunteer football that we have Jauan. He's a difference maker.

Reactions: 6 people
Toughness, swagger, a take no prisoners attitude, not to mention a dynamic pass receiver.

That's why he's a "Pruitt guy". I think he'd trade youtube rants for all players to have his killer attitude on the field. Let's face it, he displayed poor sportsmanship after he was injured, but, at his core, he hates to lose.

Reactions: 5 people
Tennessee vs Auburn SEC Championship on SECN right now. 11:01 left in game. Marcus Nash catch reminded me of what JJ can do with big body.

Reactions: 2 people
Had he not gotten injured against GT opening night we might have had a halfway respectable offense.

Reactions: 2 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Solid WR depth with talent and no quality QB's to throw to them. Shame.
UT's not had a bad qb for, oh, I don't know how many years. The only problem's been UT's practically nonexistent coaching for the OL...period. Let's hear from you on that at around game 4 or so. IMHO, UT's qb situation is gona' surprise a lot of folks...including you, FLVOL. No shame.:rock:

Reactions: 7 people
By far my favorite player. Boy are we lucky to have him. A Tennessee native at that.

Thank you Pruitt for getting this VFL back.

Reactions: 5 people

Anyone got the video of the JJ hit on Thompson? I would love to see it again

Reactions: 4 people
Amazing highlight video and, as another poster previously mentioned, there could be an equally impressive highlight video of his ferocious Hines Ward-worthy blocks. On the other hand, he did hurt Brady Hoke's feelings...

VN Store

Back