Marquez Callaway 'we needed coaching'

Honestly, you have to take what ANY player says with a grain of salt. Just a few weeks back, Josh Smith - exact same position group as Callaway - talked about how CBJ was too serious; ask 85 players their opinion and you'll have 85 different answers. My 2 cents

Reactions: 8 people
Honestly, you have to take what ANY player says with a grain of salt. Just a few weeks back, Josh Smith - exact same position group as Callaway - talked about how CBJ was too serious; ask 85 players their opinion and you'll have 85 different answers. My 2 cents

Well exactly. And that was the problem.

Those 85 viewpoints reflect something that Jeremy Pruitt thankfully is NOT. They reflect a human chameleon, picture, if you will, a man, not a coach, but something else entirely. A man devoid of actual form and lacking anything that could be described as genuine. A different person, depending on his audience, a pretender, a faker, a charlatan. A man who never feels comfortable in his own skin, who tries to mirror others with all the equipment in a broken down clownass funhouse. Its warped and wrong, but the reflection works when its so skewed that a 350 slob sees a skinny fellow and lingers. Is it true? But Butch please let it be. If he gets it, and he explains it to me in a way thats easy and free, i might can like it....butch please.

So butch thought josh smith was serious...obviously. so he adopted the serious butch around him. But he gave other players the clown face...why? Because in his limited understanding of football and people thats what he thought everyone wanted.

When all we wanted was a football coach.

The fact he can immediately "roll tide" with the Phyllis's and updykes of the world, with a striaght face and no outward display of shame at all shows you all you need to know.

Reactions: 11 people

Different people perceive you in different ways. When I was a college student, I had an English Literature professor. She had a sort of mousey appearance. Many of the class hated her, mocked, her and were at times very insulting. Now, as I look back it seemed it was the female students who led this. Even talked to us guys about joining them in giving the woman a hard time. But she was a fair teacher who graded on the merits of your work. She was patient beyond human endurance despite all the excretion heaped on her. Speaking for myself, I learned a good deal about the Saxon and Norman impact on English language and literature. She even had us explore Viking runes to further our awareness of the influences from Slavic myths and history. I consider her to this day to be probably the best English Literature instructor I ever had. But more than a few of my classmates considered her a "baytch," mean, ugly and worse. So the varying teammate views of Jones shouldn't surprise anyone. Human beings are what they are, either decent and truly perspicacious creatures or foul fault finders and fatuous "phuks." It's almost a Catch-22 sort of thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

So true. But a lot of fans want to interpret some deep meaning into everything that is said, so get ready to be corrected by the experts.

Those 85 viewpoints reflect something that Jeremy Pruitt thankfully is NOT. They reflect a human chameleon, picture, if you will, a man, not a coach, but something else entirely. A man devoid of actual form and lacking anything that could be described as genuine. A different person, depending on his audience, a pretender, a faker, a charlatan. A man who never feels comfortable in his own skin, who tries to mirror others with all the equipment in a broken down clownass funhouse. Its warped and wrong, but the reflection works when its so skewed that a 350 slob sees a skinny fellow and lingers. Is it true? But Butch please let it be. If he gets it, and he explains it to me in a way thats easy and free, i might can like it....butch please.

So butch thought josh smith was serious...obviously. so he adopted the serious butch around him. But he gave other players the clown face...why? Because in his limited understanding of football and people thats what he thought everyone wanted.

The fact he can immediately "roll tide" with the Phyllis's and updykes of the world, with a striaght face and no outward display of shame at all shows you all you need to know.

A veritable "ShapeShifter"!

Reactions: 1 person
"We needed coaching..."

Understatement of ALL TIME!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The best salesmen in the world are always using the ABC practice...like in Glen Gary Glen Ross...Always Be Closing.
Pruitt and his staff are the same types that use the ABC method....Always Be Coaching.
I like it.

148fm9.gif

Honestly, the results on the field say Callaway is correct.

The man could recruit. He could not coach or develop.

I love the insight from Danielson. Butch was always looking to trick the other team. It makes so much sense.

There is one thing that always seems to be said by multiple folks was they never felt they knew the real CBJ. He always seemed to put up a front. Even to the fans. I never felt that we ever saw the real CBJ.

There is one thing that always seems to be said by multiple folks was they never felt they knew the real CBJ. He always seemed to put up a front. Even to the fans. I never felt that we ever saw the real CBJ.

We should have a more complete image of Butch when we see how well Alabama does this season. (BLUE FONT!!!)

Are you a poet?

Well done sir.

The thing is, if you ask anyone who knows Pruitt, this is their response about him. No nonsense good coach.

If you ask people about Butch, every answer is different.

That's all you need to know about the situations.

VN Store

Back