Ex-UGA coach recommended Pruitt to Fulmer

secking

In response to criticism of Tennessee’s Jeremy Pruitt by a former Georgia player, Jim Donnan - who coached at UGA 1996-2000 - just told us: “I recommended Jeremy to Phillip Fulmer and I would recommend him to any football program in the country.”
5:17 PM · Jul 20, 2018

Twitter

Reactions: 5 people
It's hard to deny the support and respect Pruitt gets from people he's coached with and players that played for him.

He might actually be able to pull off the turnaround. We've got to fix the situation in the trenches and find a reliable QB first, but it looks like he is starting to find success doing so.

Reactions: 7 people
Wasn't Donnan the one that pitched a fit in Neyland when Phil "ran up the score" on UGA in 97'? It was something rediculous too. Like a lot of the 4th remaining and UT only up like 17-21 iirc. Stranger comebacks than that have happened many times. Guy looked like a complete fool that day.

Reactions: 3 people
It's hard to deny the support and respect Pruitt gets from people he's coached with and players that played for him.

He might actually be able to pull off the turnaround. We've got to fix the situation in the trenches and find a reliable QB first, but it looks like he is starting to find success doing so.

I guess we have to exclude Richt from that first part, but who cares? Never was s fan of MR.

Reactions: 2 people
Wasn't Donnan the one that pitched a fit in Neyland when Phil "ran up the score" on UGA in 97'? It was something rediculous too. Like a lot of the 4th remaining and UT only up like 17-21 iirc. Stranger comebacks than that have happened many times. Guy looked like a complete fool that day.

Correct me if my memory is off but yeah, UT was still passing up 31-13 and Donnan let Fulmer know what he thought about with divine adjectives, which is fine, but I believe Fulmer had his daughters with him at midfield?

Reactions: 1 person

You're partially correct. Donnan did get upset when Manning threw a late td to put TN up 38-13. He told Fulmer at midfield after the game his displeasure.

tumblr_p83a5zUjSd1sxnbdko1_500.gif

Jim Donnan would also like to recommend some of his favorite investments. He can guarantee returns.

Reactions: 3 people

Yes he was

Odd too. Cause it wad evident fulmer was whipping boy for spurrier. Fulmer never ran up the score on purpose. That wasnt his style. But donnan didnt dare take spurrier to task because that coach would pay you back. Fulmer wasnt that way.

Odd too. Cause it wad evident fulmer was whipping boy for spurrier. Fulmer never ran up the score on purpose. That wasnt his style. But donnan didnt dare take spurrier to task because that coach would pay you back. Fulmer wasnt that way.

Wasn’t it Spurrier who said it wasn’t his job to hold down the score (or something to that effect)?

The only person with a worse track record than UT athletic directors related to spending/investing money is Jim Donnan....

Wasn’t it Spurrier who said it wasn’t his job to hold down the score (or something to that effect)?

Some coach fussed at Lou Holtz once after the coach endured a blow out loss and Holtz told him he can only coach one team!
..in other words it was the coaches job to stop him. I tend to agree.

As for Donnan, he was classless at thUGA and he had federal charges against him afterwards while doing investment banking

VN Store

Back