Derek Mason praises Tennessee fan base: 'They probably outnumber us 5 to 1'

Can you post a few more threads? :)

02b88857.jpg

Reactions: 11 people
Hehe, 5 to 1. He wishes.

It's more like 500 to 1 if you look all across the state. 50 to 1 in the Nashville metro area. Maybe 5 to 1 on campus at Vandy, if all the cooks and security guards and maintenance and janitorial folk are being perfectly honest. Heck, I even met one Vandy professor who is a Tennessee fan.

You wish, Derek. :)

Reactions: 6 people
The best part of the article...

"Unfortunately for Mason, he no longer gets the opportunity to face Butch Jones on an annual basis."

Reactions: 2 people
Pro tip: instead of starting threads with just a link, quote some freaking text or at least elaborate on the thread title. It would make your rapid thread starting far less annoying.

Reactions: 4 people
Pro tip: instead of starting threads with just a link, quote some freaking text or at least elaborate on the thread title. It would make your rapid thread starting far less annoying.

He gon tel you ... Go right ahead. Why post a link without some info... ??

poor Derek...put him in front of a camera and he gone crazy...again....:crazy:

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also said that if Tennessee is doing well and Vanderbilt is doing well, then the State is doing well. I agree with this sentiment and appreciate it. I know they are rivals on the field and their fanbase is pretentious, but Vandy is an excellent institution and one of the best medical centers in the world. It serves Tennesseans well when both schools do well in every way they can. I’ll be honest, I pull for them whenever they arent playing UT. I mean honestly, who here gets upset when they look at the scoreboards and see Vandy ahead of UGA or USC?

He also said that if Tennessee is doing well and Vanderbilt is doing well, then the State is doing well. I agree with this sentiment and appreciate it. I know they are rivals on the field and their fanbase is pretentious, but Vandy is an excellent institution and one of the best medical centers in the world. It serves Tennesseans well when both schools do well in every way they can. I’ll be honest, I pull for them whenever they arent playing UT. I mean honestly, who here gets upset when they look at the scoreboards and see Vandy ahead of UGA or USC?

Cafego may come back from the dead and whip you. 😆.

Seriously, I can’t stand them or their fan base. They have proved they don’t know how to handle success as they get more obnoxious. I hope we beat them back to where they belong.

Reactions: 3 people

**** Candy....always.

The best part of the article...

"Unfortunately for Mason, he no longer gets the opportunity to face Butch Jones on an annual basis."

I was trying to find the press conference where Butch was sounding nervous against Vanderbilt instead of confident but this is all I can find. If you listen starting at 22:30 then you'll hear classic Jones with a bunch of individuals and illustrations.

Butch Jones Press Conference 11.21.16 - YouTube

Compare that to the Derek Mason press conference leading up to the game. It is much shorter if you want to listen to the whole thing but if you start at 4:30 then it really picks up.

Mason is one the most confident,subpar coach in the country. It's funny but I think your coach needs to have swagger. And he looks the part with those designer suits.

Derek Mason Weekly Press Conference - Tennessee Week - YouTube

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back