WNML reported on Pruitt/Richt situation

etcolton

Haven’t seen this posted anywhere but if it’s already been said I apologize. Heard this story on WNML today by will west. Basically here’s the run down on the Pruitt and Richt fiasco.

When Pruitt left Florida state for the Georgia job, Pruitt was given much power by the Athletic Director after only one year.
For example, Pruitt made coaching hires on the other side of the ball such as the offensive line coach. Hires that Mark Richt did not agree with.

Furthermore If Pruitt did not have it his way, Pruitt was known to go behind Richts back and talk to the athletic director about whatever he wanted.

Pruitt insisted that UGA needed an indoor practice facility. Something that the athletic department had discussed but never gave a formal yes. Despite the uncertainty of UGA getting a indoor practice field, Pruitt grabbed the mic at a closed practice and told everyone that there will be a new indoor practice field, which at the time was false.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Pruitt. Just wanted to share what I heard today on WNML.

I don’t believe some of these situations are Pruitt’s fault, what athletic director allows the defensive coordinator to hire an offensive line coach?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Haven’t seen this posted anywhere but if it’s already been said I apologize. Heard this story on WNML today by will west. Basically here’s the run down on the Pruitt and Richt fiasco.

When Pruitt left Florida state for the Georgia job, Pruitt was given much power by the Athletic Director after only one year.
For example, Pruitt made coaching hires on the other side of the ball such as the offensive line coach. Hires that Mark Richt did not agree with.

Furthermore If Pruitt did not have it his way, Pruitt was known to go behind Richts back and talk to the athletic director about whatever he wanted.

Pruitt insisted that UGA needed an indoor practice facility. Something that the athletic department had discussed but never gave a formal yes. Despite the certainty of UGA getting a indoor practice field, Pruitt grabbed the mic at a closed practice and told everyone that there will be a new indoor practice field, which at the time was false.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Pruitt. Just wanted to share what I heard today on WNML.

I don’t believe some of these situations are not Pruitt’s fault, what athletic director allows the defensive coordinator to hire an offensive line coach?

That does seem stupid.

I remember the grumblings among Georgia fans about Pruitt when he was there. That being said, I would say that this was a situation created by an AD who gave too much authority an assistant coach. Who ever heard of an assistant coach with hiring and firing power commensurate with a head coach? The power Pruitt was given almost encouraged a potential atmosphere for insubordination and for Pruitt go over Richt's head, which he may have on occasion.

Makes me wonder if Georgia was doing this in an effort to undermine Mark Richt and possibly force him to resign eventually.

Reactions: 11 people
Well at least he gives a sh!t. We got a coach that is not a pushover, confident, and knows how to coach and develop players... something we haven’t had in 9 years.

Reactions: 10 people
everyone needs to let this rest...
water under the bridge..
no one know unless they were there to see and hear..to many rumors about this going around..
He is a dang good coach and I am glad to have him...seems like everyone in the media is trying to ruin his thunder here at Tennessee...

We have a potentially great head coach in the making now and everyone wants to try and find dirt on the guy...

I can't wait for us to start winning again and being back to our glory days..I am sure that will get all the taking heads going crazy...
GBO

Well, at least we have our "I knew it all along" reason if Pruitt is fired after not turning us around, just like the ones people trotted out after Butch and Dooley were fired.

"See, I knew he was a bad fit! He tried to get Mark Richt fired at Georgia!"

Reactions: 1 person
How in the world is an assistant coach going to hire other coaches??? This simply does not make since to me. I am not saying anyone is being untruthful it just does not make since.

Sounds like the AD brought in Pruitt to be the Richt replacement. Why else would he have allowed Pruitt to do those things without Richt's buy in.
As someone else stated, maybe he was undermining MR to get him to volunteer to leave.

Pruitt insisted that UGA needed an indoor practice facility. Something that the athletic department had discussed but never gave a formal yes. Despite the uncertainty of UGA getting a indoor practice field, Pruitt grabbed the mic at a closed practice and told everyone that there will be a new indoor practice field, which at the time was false.

I don’t believe some of these situations are Pruitt’s fault, what athletic director allows the defensive coordinator to hire an offensive line coach?

Some stories just don't pass the smell test. Also dawg fans who are so indignant over this were probably the same ones looking to kick richt to the curb for any reason they could come up with..."Richt has lost control" wasn't that their constant b#%^*ing?

How in the world is an assistant coach going to hire other coaches??? This simply does not make since to me. I am not saying anyone is being untruthful it just does not make since.

That particular anecdote sounds like BS, but it has been pretty well-documented that Pruitt and Richt did not get along, to put it mildly. That isn't fresh news.

This whole thing is a combo of truth, exaggeration, and Georgia fans looking to stir something up because they might not have liked how Pruitt dealt with their head coach at the time (even though they wanted Richt fired too).

Mission accomplished by the trolls, we have 2+ threads on this now. Not knocking the OP but damn guys, let it go.

If you're more concerned about this now than you were when Pruitt was hired (because this stuff was known and talked about right as Pruitt was being interviewed/hired for the job), then you're too susceptible to giving credence to talking head comments and internet trolls.

Tempest in a Teapot!!!!!!!!!!! Who gives a rat's azz. We have some football games to win. It's like the media morons getting mad at Trump for not wagging his finger at Putin to give Hillary an excuse for losing when we need to avoid being nuked.

Everyone is focusing on the wrong things. Just win.

Tempest in a Teapot!!!!!!!!!!! Who gives a rat's azz. We have some football games to win. It's like the media morons getting mad at Trump for not wagging his finger at Putin to give Hillary an excuse for losing when we need to avoid being nuked.

Everyone is focusing on the wrong things. Just win.

That's the intention.

Not even concerned...

Guy wants to win....and will use all the leash afforded to him to make it happen...

pwoSDoQ.gif

Sounds like the AD screwed things up: Why would he let the DC hire OL coach instead of HC?

It appears that Richt was already walking on eggshells. Possibly because of all the 10-3 seasons even though they consistently had Top 5 recruiting talent.

Sounds like a load of BS. There's no way Pruitt made hires on the offensive side of the ball.

VN Store

Back