CJP: Vols Have toDo Our Part in Rivalry Against Vanderbilt

They’ve beaten us as many times in the last 6 years as they did the first 50 years of my life! My hatred for them rivals Ala and Fla. maybe more in some cases!!

Reactions: 1 person
Its so sad that we even have to acknowledge Vanderbilt as a rival.

In a normal, Butch Jones-free universe, they’re not.....without his appearance onto the Vol scene, they’re an in-state school walkover patsy like they’ve been since the 1950s.

No coach since the 1950s....not Barnhill, Robinson, Wyatt, Dickey, Battle, Majors, Fulmer or Dooley....ever lost to Vandy even twice. Whereas the feckless Jones dropped 3 out of 5 to a poor to average Vandy program.

Reactions: 4 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
They’ve beaten us as many times in the last 6 years as they did the first 50 years of my life! My hatred for them rivals Ala and Fla. maybe more in some cases!!

I despise our leaderships ignorants to making right decisions to get back to winning more than vandy. Problem is at the very top. Bad hires after bad hires all over the place. Maybe Fulmer and Pruitt will be what we needed even though Fulmer wasn’t haslams guy

Last edited:
In a normal, Butch Jones-free universe, they’re not.....without his appearance onto the Vol scene, they’re an in-state school walkover patsy like they’ve been since the 1950s.

No coach since the 1950s....not Barnhill, Robinson, Wyatt, Dickey, Battle, Majors, Fulmer or Dooley....ever lost to Vandy even twice. Whereas the feckless Jones dropped 3 out of 5 to a poor to average Vandy program.

Butch please!

Blue font

🤦*♂️

I think RTI needs to listen to what he said again...

“There’s obviously natural rivalries in this conference,” Pruitt said on Wednesday. “You talk about Tennessee-Vanderbilt, Tennessee-Georgia, Tennessee-Florida, Tennessee-Alabama. Years ago there was Tennessee-Auburn. We actually play all those guys this year. When another team is beating you on a regular basis, it don’t seem like the rivalry is probably that thick anymore.

“But one thing we gotta do, is we gotta do our part. And I think we will when it comes to that.”

He said it as in UT needs to win their share of all of them, not just Vanderbilt.

Reactions: 4 people

Jesus, that makes me want to throw up. Butch should have been fired after the 2016 loss to Vandy.

I despise our leaderships ignorants to making right decisions to get back to winning more than vandy. Problem is at the very top. Bad hires after bad hires all over the place. Maybe Fulmer and Pruitt will be what we needed even though Fulmer wasn’t haslams guy

?

He’s right. And I love that no excuse attitude he has. I want a coach that doesn’t let our boys just give up halfway through a game. I’m cautiously optimistic that we have one now.

They've actually beat us with 3 of our last 4 coaches

Once we see them as a rival we will dominate again. This they are candy crap prolly what got us here.

They've actually beat us with 3 of our last 4 coaches

The point is that none of those coaches lost more than once, which is what I posted....Dickey 1 loss in 6 years, Battle once in 6 years, Majors once in 16 years, Fulmer once in 16 years, Kiffin won his only year, even Dooley only lost once in 3 years.....Jones lost 3 out of 5. You see the difference?

You’re not gonna beat them every year, but you should dominate the series. And every coach we’ve had since pretty much 1928 has done that, except for the feckless Lyle Allen Butch Jones.

Reactions: 3 people
I'll be at game with 5 others and hope that Fulmer will send the entire band whether Vanderbilt lets them perform at halftime or not. Please let defensive plays last year go away.

VN Store

Back