Pruitt praises Jennings' offseason: "He's done exactly what I've asked him to do"

If our o line is just mediocre at pass pro then I expect some solid production out of our WR group. Jennings and Calloway should complement each other as deep threats and Brandon Johnson has shown the ability to be a reliable possession receiver.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
giphy__6_-1486069413719.gif

CJP probably set the bar pretty high. For him to say this about JJ is huge at this point.

Doug Matthews had very complimentary things to say about JJ on his podcast a couple weeks ago. Glad he will be a part of this team this year!

There are good parallels between the 'Pruitt at Georgia' controversy and 'Jennings under Butch / Brady / Larry Scott' saga. Pruitt and JJ are more alike than anyone cares to admit. The issue with Pruitt at Georgia was that he wanted to win and wanted to do what was necessary to get there, which made him clash with Mark Richt. JJ also wanted to win and clashed with the previous coaching staff.

JJ should've never been dismissed to begin with. And he's actually the perfect type of player for Pruitt.

Reactions: 3 people
If our o line is just mediocre at pass pro then I expect some solid production out of our WR group. Jennings and Calloway should complement each other as deep threats and Brandon Johnson has shown the ability to be a reliable possession receiver.

Jennings is our go to guy but honestly that’s a solid three

There are good parallels between the 'Pruitt at Georgia' controversy and 'Jennings under Butch / Brady / Larry Scott' saga. Pruitt and JJ are more alike than anyone cares to admit. The issue with Pruitt at Georgia was that he wanted to win and wanted to do what was necessary to get there, which made him clash with Mark Richt. JJ also wanted to win and clashed with the previous coaching staff.

JJ should've never been dismissed to begin with. And he's actually the perfect type of player for Pruitt.

I think it was good for him long term. Ramped up the hard work and smacked down the entitled selfish attitude. We all learn eventually who wins when you take a dook on the boss’s desk...not everyone gets to clean it off and go back to work.

Reactions: 1 person
Doug Matthews had very complimentary things to say about JJ on his podcast a couple weeks ago. Glad he will be a part of this team this year!

Ya know, what he did was indefensible from a program perspective. That being said, JJ strikes me as one of those people who is flat out so passionate about success, that he snapped and did that. I could be wrong, but he does not look like PreMadonna(lol) or a seditious type. Just mad about losing.

VN Store

Back