Nick Saban defends Jeremy Pruitt's character

Only difference being Dooley didn’t have the pedigree.

Sure he did. Coached with Saban at LSU and Miami Dolphins. Son of a National Championship winning coach. Knew the SEC and what it means to everyone. He had pedigree and we were SO excited. He said “britches” instead of “cornbread”, too.

Reactions: 4 people
Sure he did. Coached with Saban at LSU and Miami Dolphins. Son of a National Championship winning coach. Knew the SEC and what it means to everyone. He had pedigree and we were SO excited. He said “britches” instead of “cornbread”, too.

But he never did anything of relevance as a coordinator.

Reactions: 5 people

And when did he coordinate another program’s offense to a NC? Trick question...when did he coordinate a Saban offense to a championship? Can’t fool you! When did he EVER coordinate an OFFENSE? :)

Reactions: 7 people
I admit that stories about Georgia were one of the reasons I wasn't high on Pruitt during the coaching search. I live in the Atlanta media market, so that's where I heard the most about him.

The more of the 'big picture' I've seen with Pruitt, Georgia seems like an aberration. There was something else going on there and I kinda get the sense that Richt had lost control.

Pruitt improved the defenses significantly at UGA after Grantham had sucked it up for years. There was a lot of conflict between the Pruitt faction and Richt faction, though. But I don't see any evidence of this sort of conflict at Alabama or at Florida State or in his high school days. It seemed unique to Georgia.

Reactions: 7 people
I admit that stories about Georgia were one of the reasons I wasn't high on Pruitt during the coaching search. I live in the Atlanta media market, so that's where I heard the most about him.

The more of the 'big picture' I've seen with Pruitt, Georgia seems like an aberration. There was something else going on there and I kinda get the sense that Richt had lost control.

Pruitt improved the defenses significantly at UGA after Grantham had sucked it up for years. There was a lot of conflict between the Pruitt faction and Richt faction, though. But I don't see any evidence of this sort of conflict at Alabama or at Florida State or in his high school days. It seemed unique to Georgia.

The "conflict" with Richt was probably that Pruitt actually expected to win more than 9 games per season :)

Reactions: 4 people

Anyone who says "britches" should never be trusted!

Reactions: 1 person
There’s nothing to let go. I just don’t give any credence to anything out of Saban’s mouth, that’s all.

This is right. Saban is 12-0 vs his former assistants beating them by an average score of 38-11. He will never be critical of a former assistant and why would he? He beats the hell out of them.

Reactions: 2 people

Speak for yourself on being excited for Dooley on this one. Some were excited as people are with a new coach. Most were wondering if this is the best we could do. Others felt that it was a sign of UT giving up on football.

VN Store

Back