Finebaum calls Butch Jones a "Carney Barker"

A 'pathetic carney barker'.

butch-jone.png

Reactions: 8 people
I watched all of it this morning..
Seemed like PAUL got upset with the other talking chimps for them bad mouthing our VOLS so much and not having something good to say..
He finally stoop up for us..
Paul's body language told the story..He looked upset with the others..

Proof is in the CORNBREAD..AND WE COOKING IT UP....

GBO

Reactions: 11 people
Butch Jones.... isn't he the guy that runs copies and gets coffee for Nick Saban

I would gladly go on coffee runs for a year for what he is being paid in severance from UT. If you wouldn't, you're lying to yourself. He'll be up and coaching again soon enough.

Reactions: 1 person
I would gladly go on coffee runs for a year for what he is being paid in severance from UT. If you wouldn't, you're lying to yourself. He'll be up and coaching again soon enough.

Legally, he did not seek a realistic paying job, neither did other assistant coaches who went to FL.

Bama and FL underbid for the job they are performing, intentionally expecting UT to pick up the slack.

So the Vols can go to court, reducing payments to Butch and others because they did not look for an equal paying job in good faith. They accepted much less pay especially for the job cause they will get paid by UT anyway.

This was their way of saying F you to UT. But UT needs to get off their rear ends and make them eat their own middle finger.

Not that I care too much, it's just money that has nothing to do with my life at this point. Although, I do suppose they could give Botch Jones dough to Pruitt and Co.

Reactions: 2 people
Legally, he did not seek a realistic paying job, neither did other assistant coaches who went to FL.

Bama and FL underbid for the job they are performing, intentionally expecting UT to pick up the slack.

So the Vols can go to court, reducing payments to Butch and others because they did not look for an equal paying job in good faith. They accepted much less pay especially for the job cause they will get paid by UT anyway.

This was their way of saying F you to UT. But UT needs to get off their rear ends and make them eat their own middle finger.

Not that I care too much, it's just money that has nothing to do with my life at this point. Although, I do suppose they could give Botch Jones dough to Pruitt and Co.
He wasn't going to get a decent job this year anyway and I'm sure his agent would testify that they've made a reasonable effort. If this continues into 2019, UTAD needs to raise failure to mitigate.

Judging by the competence the UT bureaucracy has shown in the past several years, if they went to court they'd probably leave owing Butch even more haha.

Reactions: 4 people
He wasn't going to get a decent job this year anyway and I'm sure his agent would testify that they've made a reasonable effort. If this continues into 2019, UTAD needs to raise failure to mitigate.

Oregon St contacted Butch last year and he told them no. They might not have ended up hiring him, but Butch told them no the first time they contacted him and stopped pursuing.

Does telling another P5 school "no" when they contacted you about a head coaching position constitute a "good faith effort to secure comparable employment" or whatever the exact language says?

The guy they ended up hiring is making $1.9m/year. You gotta think if Butch got the job he'd be making at least that, because the guy they hired is pretty young and has no HC experience. That would have helped mitigate the buyout nicely.

Yep. Haslam and his cronies sold that big pile of 💩.

Lulz! So the Haslam's were also in charge of the "Butch gets it!" and "You just got BUTch Slapped" slogans we saw on here from Dec. '12- Sept. 17?

How many times did Trumpet Boy flash the VFL Sign??

Apparently "Life" for Butch was 5 years, just saying!!

The way his contract is worded though his severance would be offset by basically any kind of pro or college coaching or administrative job he takes.

He could have easily gotten hired as a ST coordinator or HC at a G5 or FCS school if he'd been willing to pursue a job like that. But he wanted to take a year off AND get severance pay, so he took the lowest effort, lowest paying CFB job he could get.

I hope he's nmiserable there.

Reactions: 2 people
dude throws deuces and says Roll Tide meanwhile he's still cashing a few mil in checks from UT. Can't hate Butch for this, hate the UT admin.

Hate is not the word to describe how I feel about Lyle. More like I would like to punch him in his throat and kick him in his little nads (with Bruce Lee like speed and power).

Lulz! So the Haslam's were also in charge of the "Butch gets it!" and "You just got BUTch Slapped" slogans we saw on here from Dec. '12- Sept. 17?

The pile of poo was already sold. Fans were just trying to give the coach a chance. Then came SchiaNO and fans refused the poo named haslum...

Warren and Scott honestly met their requirements. Florida got shady negotiating their contracts...thatÂ’s on Florida. The idea that Butch got nefarious to jab at us is tinfoil VN at itÂ’s best. He giveth not a shat who forks out his millions. He didnÂ’t turn down any $4 million dollar gigs...they werenÂ’t there for him. Price of being a big boy program...ask Notre Dame. They paid their buyout haul ON TOP of what Charlie Weiss was robbing other programs.

VN Store

Back